United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 17-06-2017, 03:50 PM
waynes ear's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranier Wolfcastle
Has anyone ever united Fred like Fellaini?
Yeah, Gav. Everyone thinks he's a £#%&!ing @#%&!

Unread 17-06-2017, 03:54 PM
Clarkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranier Wolfcastle
Has anyone ever united Fred like Fellaini?
Was gonna post a somewhat funny answer but, I'm actually depressed now you brought up his name.

£#%&! you Wolfcastle, you've ruined my pint

Unread 17-06-2017, 03:55 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynes ear's
Yeah, Gav. Everyone thinks he's a £#%&!ing @#%&!

Unread 17-06-2017, 03:57 PM
Ranier Wolfcastle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarkie
Was gonna post a somewhat funny answer but, I'm actually depressed now you brought up his name.

£#%&! you Wolfcastle, you've ruined my pint
Is it Belgian?

Unread 17-06-2017, 04:07 PM
75Red

Quote:
Yeah, Gav. Everyone thinks he's a £#%&!ing c***

Unread 17-06-2017, 06:01 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
You know it's true pal.
Do we?

Unread 17-06-2017, 07:34 PM
gav81

Quote:
Yeah, Gav. Everyone thinks he's a £#%&!ing c***
Still, better to be a @#%&! who defends United's history and traditions than a sell-out, Mourinho loving @#%&!, IMO.

Unread 17-06-2017, 08:05 PM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Think he was amongst the top choices purely because of his arrogance and the view that he would have the balls to take it on, as much as anything. Most suggesting he take over presented it with the caveat that he'd have to improve his football IIRC.

At the end of the day both sides have fair points and will never agree, we'll just have to see how it pans out.
The football was far more entertaining up to around Christmas, then our league position, number of games, fatigue and need to qualify for the champions league made him more pragmatic. Think he realised there were problems and weakness amongst the squad and he adjusted. Basically a case of needs must. And I think the problems are more of mentality and leadership than anything physical. It's doesn't happen overnight, and the foundation of every great team is the defence.

Some of the games where we created 20-30 good chances in a game are indicative of what he wants to work towards. He wants to build a proper United team as he's said numerous times, differentiating between his previous jobs. Doesn't mean he will, but that's his intention, unless he's had a compete about turn.

Unread 17-06-2017, 09:03 PM
Barcabal

Quote:
Originally Posted by gav81
Still, better to be a c*** who defends United's history and traditions than a sell-out, Mourinho loving c***, IMO.
Your history is Sir mother£#%&!er

Unread 18-06-2017, 08:30 AM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
Do we?
Of course. I remember being one of the more pro Mou people on here years ago

You know how the game goes. It's all tribal. Very few forumistas on here couldn't have their card pulled re Mou's approach. All part of the game obvs, but let's not pretend were he in charge of another major club most of us wouldn't be lining up to agree with the criticism.

Unread 18-06-2017, 08:46 AM
Billy Redface

Quote:
Of course. I remember being one of the more pro Mou people on here years ago

You know how the game goes. It's all tribal. Very few forumistas on here couldn't have their card pulled re Mou's approach. All part of the game obvs, but let's not pretend were he in charge of another major club most of us wouldn't be lining up to agree with the criticism.

Does this extend to you thinking we weren't boring in LVG'S last season?

Unread 18-06-2017, 08:50 AM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Redface
Does this extend to you thinking we weren't boring in LVG'S last season?
Literally never said that.

Although the second half of the season wasn't as bad as people made out. Probably better than second half of last season.

Surprised I still get stick for that btw. Main crux of my point is that the manager wasn't the fundamental problem with us. Given we replaced him and proceeded to spend another fortune only to finish even lower in the league, that's vindication surely?

Unread 18-06-2017, 10:34 AM
gav81

Quote:
Main crux of my point is that the manager wasn't the fundamental problem with us. Given we replaced him and proceeded to spend another fortune only to finish even lower in the league, that's vindication surely?
It's no wonder changing Van Gaal for Van Gaal's more defence-minded disciple failed to improve results despite the addition of some world class players.

I get your point, though I think both managers are the fundamental problem that has seen our last three seasons end 4th, 5th, 6th. It would be no surprise to see that trend continue. Until we appoint another Fergie we're no different to the rest of the top six.

So would you have kept Van Gaal on? Who would be your ideal United manager?

Unread 18-06-2017, 10:51 AM
Billy Redface

Quote:

Although the second half of the season wasn't as bad as people made out. Probably better than second half of last season.

Surprised I still get stick for that btw. Main crux of my point is that the manager wasn't the fundamental problem with us. Given we replaced him and proceeded to spend another fortune only to finish even lower in the league, that's vindication surely?

Unread 18-06-2017, 01:01 PM
Whip Hubley

Quote:

Unread 18-06-2017, 05:59 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by gav81
It's no wonder changing Van Gaal for Van Gaal's more defence-minded disciple failed to improve results despite the addition of some world class players.

I get your point, though I think both managers are the fundamental problem that has seen our last three seasons end 4th, 5th, 6th. It would be no surprise to see that trend continue. Until we appoint another Fergie we're no different to the rest of the top six.

So would you have kept Van Gaal on? SWho would be your ideal United manager?
It's a good question, Gav. It really is.

In all honesty I think we had the ideal man for what the club needed in the post-Fergie era. A man of brilliance who was laying the foundations and looked after the long term. But we gave up on him all too soon and he ended up at Sociedad.

Would love Poch. Reckon Fergie would too

Unread 18-06-2017, 06:19 PM
utd99

Quote:

Why does it have to be one or the other? Maybe Van Gaal and the majority of the squad were to blame; and surely if you are going to press on with that view, you'd have to extend the same excuse to Mourinho seeing as he's only been able to replace 4 players from a squad of 22 thus far.

Unread 18-06-2017, 06:22 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
Why does it have to be one or the other? Maybe Van Gaal and the majority of the squad were to blame; and surely if you are going to press on with that view, you'd have to extend the same excuse to Mourinho seeing as he's only been able to replace 4 players from a squad of 22 thus far.
Think I've been quite consistent in blaming the club as much as anyone tbh.

I haven't said Mou is the cause of all our problems either. Main criticisms of him have been the usual - approach and youth policy.

Unread 18-06-2017, 06:27 PM
Zorg

Quote:
Think I've been quite consistent in blaming the club as much as anyone tbh.

I haven't said Mou is the cause of all our problems either. Main criticisms of him have been the usual - approach and youth policy.
Didn't he play more teenagers than any other manager last season?
Or was that a wum?

Unread 18-06-2017, 06:29 PM
20 times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
Didn't he play more teenagers than any other manager last season?
Or was that a wum?
Didn't play Rashford that much though Zorgers
Closed Thread