Originally Posted by gav81

"It's pathetic, it's just shameful. Nothing happens! There is no creativity. "

~Christophe Dugarry on EL final
Other than the two goals we created

Unread 17-06-2017, 11:22 AM
Clarkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
I wonder what people would think of him if he managed another team. if only there were some sort of evidence.
Said it yesterday, I've always admired the guy. Hated him because he was successful but, admired him.

I know some on here would rather have Eddie Howe in charge, get relegated but, play the "United way" but, I'd rather the club be in the hands of someone who knows what they're doing and who has a vision

Who knows....Maybe some day the people on here will have Giggs, Howe, Clemence etc in charge of the club and we'll be mid-table for years and not win a £#%&!ing thing but, we'll be playing the "United way" and maybe then they'll be happy...Who knows?

But, for now, we have Mourinho so just have to get used to it

Unread 17-06-2017, 11:31 AM
ScholesGingerSheen

I'm glad we won the final, but I was glad we won the FA Cup a year ago too, I still wanted the shit football gone.

The idea that a team full of full internationals with £200 odd million of footballers across then middle of the park has to adapt their gameplan to what a team of Dutch and German under 21's (I'm exagerrating for emphasis) is doing is faintly ludicrous in all honesty,

I could understand it (if still not completely condone it) against a Real, Bayern or Barca, but don't play it out to our £89 million midfielder or the £30million midfielders next to him against Ajax because they might press? Jesus what players would we need for him to be comfortable building from the back against a big team?

Unread 17-06-2017, 11:33 AM
Ranier Wolfcastle

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
If he managed any other major club everyone on here would agree with Christophe and Gav.

Cast-iron fact.
We derided the Mourinho/Benitez served shit on a stick when Chelsea & Liverpool played each other ...

Unread 17-06-2017, 12:05 PM
armchair

chelsea played some good stuff under mourinho and he was amongst the top choices to replace fergie on here.

Unread 17-06-2017, 12:22 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
chelsea played some good stuff under mourinho and he was amongst the top choices to replace fergie on here.
Think he was amongst the top choices purely because of his arrogance and the view that he would have the %@#$&!s to take it on, as much as anything. Most suggesting he take over presented it with the caveat that he'd have to improve his football IIRC.

At the end of the day both sides have fair points and will never agree, we'll just have to see how it pans out.

Unread 17-06-2017, 12:31 PM
20 times

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Think he was amongst the top choices purely because of his arrogance and the view that he would have the %@#$&!s to take it on, as much as anything. Most suggesting he take over presented it with the caveat that he'd have to improve his football IIRC.

At the end of the day both sides have fair points and will never agree, we'll just have to see how it pans out.
Gav has no fair points, the utterly demented mad @#%&!

Unread 17-06-2017, 12:33 PM
Child of Darkness

Quote:
Originally Posted by gav81
Pure anti-football.

All about how to stop the opposition from playing.

Nothing about imposing our own game on them.

Thus: -

"At one point, I say stop, that's enough. When I see the stats and thoughts of Mourinho ... It's distressing.

"It's pathetic, it's just shameful. Nothing happens! There is no creativity. It is nothingness! It was like that throughout the year. And who comes out of it? Mourinho.

"I cannot take it anymore, to see the Mourinho teams play like that with so much money spent. It's important to win titles but it's also important to enjoy the game."

~Christophe Dugarry on EL final
You are clearly a football Einstein

Unread 17-06-2017, 12:35 PM
Clarkie

Reading that quote from Dugarry...

Distressing ffs

Unread 17-06-2017, 12:43 PM
dunk

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20 times
Gav has no fair points, the utterly demented mad @#%&!
Should've added '*except gav'

Unread 17-06-2017, 01:09 PM
gav81

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarkie
Said it yesterday, I've always admired the guy. Hated him because he was successful but, admired him.

I know some on here would rather have Eddie Howe in charge, get relegated but, play the "United way" but, I'd rather the club be in the hands of someone who knows what they're doing and who has a vision

Who knows....Maybe some day the people on here will have Giggs, Howe, Clemence etc in charge of the club and we'll be mid-table for years and not win a £#%&!ing thing but, we'll be playing the "United way" and maybe then they'll be happy...Who knows?

But, for now, we have Mourinho so just have to get used to it
To win/entertain isn't an either/or option. It's a false dilemma created by Mourinho apologists. We're Manchester United - we do both. The two most successful managers in the club's history proved that for over 50 years.

Anyway, I'm going to ease up on Mourinho now I've got it off my chest. I just couldn't be bottling it up all summer. No promises on the Keano drive though

Unread 17-06-2017, 01:20 PM
Child of Darkness

Bearing in mind the massive limitations of the squad and the huge injury list , pragmatism is totally accepted .

If Martial lingard Rooney all score more goals then this level of critiscism is redundant .

Clearly two of those won't .

With these shit@#%&!s he's still won two trophies .

Imagine what he will do when we get some forwards who actually score goals

Unread 17-06-2017, 01:23 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Child of Darkness
Bearing in mind the massive limitations of the squad and the huge injury list , pragmatism is totally accepted .

If Martial lingard Rooney all score more goals then this level of critiscism is redundant .

With these shit@#%&!s he's still won two trophies .

Wasn't last season, even in a far more positive form, with a far more limited squad and miles more injuries..

Last time I promise

Unread 17-06-2017, 01:32 PM
ScholesGingerSheen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Child of Darkness

With these shitc***s he's still won two trophies .

LVG won the FA Cup without the most expensive player in the world, Mkhitaryan, Ibra or Bailly,

"Massive limitations of the squad" is a huge overstatement IMO.

I was as keen to see the back of LVG as anyone btw.

Unread 17-06-2017, 01:45 PM
MOE1948

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScholesGingerSheen
LVG won the FA Cup without the most expensive player in the world, Mkhitaryan, Ibra or Bailly,
You are not suppose to include that type of information in your post just what the headlines read.

Unread 17-06-2017, 01:52 PM
Clarkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScholesGingerSheen

"Massive limitations of the squad" is a huge overstatement IMO.

I was as keen to see the back of LVG as anyone btw.
He's lucky Rooney decided he was arsed that day, otherwise it would have been a different story.

The plum getting his marching orders and the rest looking like rabbits in the £#%&!ing headlights

Unread 17-06-2017, 02:12 PM
Red Al

Unread 17-06-2017, 03:36 PM
Ranier Wolfcastle

Quote:
He's lucky Rooney decided he was arsed that day, otherwise it would have been a different story.

The plum getting his marching orders and the rest looking like rabbits in the £#%&!ing headlights
And Mourinho was lucky Guidetti couldn't score from a few yards in front of goal in the last few seconds of the Europa semi ...

Mourinho actively decides to limit our team by playing Fellaini too.

Unread 17-06-2017, 03:43 PM
Clarkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranier Wolfcastle
And Mourinho was lucky Guidetti couldn't score from a few yards in front of goal in the last few seconds of the Europa semi ...

Mourinho actively decides to limit our team by playing Fellaini too.
Could argue with the first point but, I'm enjoying this pint and the sun too much...

As for the last point... You're right, I have absolutely no argument with that and it frustrates the piss outta me

Unread 17-06-2017, 03:49 PM
Ranier Wolfcastle

Quote:
Could argue with the first point but, I'm enjoying this pint and the sun too much...

As for the last point... You're right, I have absolutely no argument with that and it frustrates the piss outta me
Has anyone ever united Fred like Fellaini?
Closed Thread