United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 20-03-2017, 07:40 AM
Mr_Ed

Bickering when we won. Sad times.

From how it looks he tried to clear it with his wrong foot so yes smalling can be blamed... however a complete failure to clear the ball is a key contributing factor imho.

Unread 20-03-2017, 08:47 AM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
Or poster.
yeah. that was my point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Ed
Bickering when we won. Sad times.

From how it looks he tried to clear it with his wrong foot so yes smalling can be blamed... however a complete failure to clear the ball is a key contributing factor imho.
he tried to clear with the wrong foot because he was standing on the other one.

Unread 20-03-2017, 09:03 AM
Mr_Ed

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
yeah. that was my point.

he tried to clear with the wrong foot because he was standing on the other one.
He made a complete dogs dinner of it regardless of what he was standing on.

Unread 20-03-2017, 09:32 AM
Switching Off

Danny Murphy making sure to mention that Mourinho never brings young players through

Unread 20-03-2017, 09:42 AM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Ed
He made a complete dogs dinner of it regardless of what he was standing on.
why don't you try pushing off to the right on your left leg, then try moving back to the left whilst you're doing that and lifting your left leg off the ground at the same time. let me know how that goes.

Unread 20-03-2017, 10:52 AM
Big Norm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switching Off
Danny Murphy making sure to mention that Mourinho never brings young players through
Stupid bitter £#%&!er using Michael Owen as an example of how to treat a young player, forgetting to mention that playing him in every game from the age of 18 meant he was done by the time he turned 26.

Unread 20-03-2017, 11:05 AM
Switching Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Norm
Stupid bitter £#%&!er using Michael Owen as an example of how to treat a young player, forgetting to mention that playing him in every game from the age of 18 meant he was done by the time he turned 26.
Yeah, same with Fowler. Although he didn't look after himself. Could argue a similar case for Rooney too, and I imagine Mou has made that point to Rashford.

Unread 20-03-2017, 11:52 AM
AK14

Quote:
Stupid bitter w****r using Michael Owen as an example of how to treat a young player, forgetting to mention that playing him in every game from the age of 18 meant he was done by the time he turned 26.
Exactly

Mou is using him exactly right imo.

Unread 20-03-2017, 02:32 PM
otbarney

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
why don't you try pushing off to the right on your left leg, then try moving back to the left whilst you're doing that and lifting your left leg off the ground at the same time. let me know how that goes.
You do the hokey cokey and you turn around, that's what it's all about.

Unread 20-03-2017, 05:48 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
That didn't stop us buying him later tbf

Unread 20-03-2017, 05:52 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
That didn't stop us buying him later tbf
was on a free

Unread 20-03-2017, 06:10 PM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
Stupid bitter w****r using Michael Owen as an example of how to treat a young player, forgetting to mention that playing him in every game from the age of 18 meant he was done by the time he turned 26.
Loads of examples like that. Redknapp, whiteside, sharpe, Owen, Anderton etc.

Giggs was managed properly at that age and is the only 16/17 year old regular I can think of who wasn't finished by their mid twenties.

Unread 20-03-2017, 06:13 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
was on a free
Ah, feel much better about it now

Unread 20-03-2017, 06:36 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
he tried to clear with the wrong foot
how could you tell?

one his special techniques is clearing with the wrong foot

Unread 20-03-2017, 06:42 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
how could you tell?

one his special techniques is clearing with the wrong foot
he probably shouldn't have bothered. he should have just looked gormlessly at the ball as it went by, really.

got any clips of his towering headers, blocks, tracking wide, etc, from sunday's game? you're probably not interested in the chances he actually stopped, though. like all of those in the match thread who say £#%&! all until he does something that isn't perfect.

given the way bailly is playing, I would still say smalling is our best defender (and easily the best in the air). it's not like he's jonny £#%&!ing evans.

can't believe that own goal wasn't saved.

Unread 20-03-2017, 06:48 PM
dragflick

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
he probably shouldn't have bothered. he should have just looked gormlessly at the ball as it went by, really.

got any clips of his towering headers, blocks, tracking wide, etc, from sunday's game? you're probably not interested in the chances he actually stopped, though. like all of those in the match thread who say £#%&! all until he does something that isn't perfect.

given the way bailly is playing, I would still say smalling is our best defender (and easily the best in the air). it's not like he's jonny £#%&!ing evans.

Tbf Smalling did clear a lot of the long balls/crosses pumped into the box, from what I hazily remember.

Unread 20-03-2017, 06:49 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragflick
Tbf Smalling did clear a lot of the long balls/crosses pumped into the box, from what I hazily remember.
cheers, brah. I'm almost glad armers deleted my gif to you in the match thread.

Unread 20-03-2017, 06:55 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem

no

bailly and rojo as a pair in tandem with a sweeper could give us a quality platform to play from and allow us to get more strikers on the pitch ...

as you say, the way we play right now smalling's heading ability would be missed and we have no-one better at running people off the ball down the channels.

Unread 20-03-2017, 07:08 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
no

bailly and rojo as a pair in tandem with a sweeper could give us a quality platform to play from and allow us to get more strikers on the pitch ...

as you say, the way we play right now smalling's heading ability would be missed and we have no-one better at running people off the ball down the channels.
if you took early-season bailly and 6-game rojo, I would agree they would be a good pair. they are both a bit suspect on crosses, though. rojo, especially, loses track of the flight and gets badly positioned. rojo would be a goal threat if he didn't consistently head over the bar, too.

Unread 20-03-2017, 07:22 PM
dragflick

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
cheers, brah. I'm almost glad armers deleted my gif to you in the match thread.

(What was it?)
Closed Thread