United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 08-11-2016, 01:37 PM
Tumescent Throb

never seen soccer saturday, or the BT version bar the odd few minutes here and there - both shit pointless drivel.

shearer is easily as bad as any of them others you mention but the point is they're trying to make him bbc voice of football. it's ridiculous because he's hopeless.

carragher is the best pundit (I see regularly) on UK tv football right now. neville is a decent pundit but an abysmal co-commentator.

more Dutch talking heads please

ps carragher for honesty BTW rather than insight...

Dixon and Keane are fair enough as well

Unread 08-11-2016, 04:06 PM
Billy Redface

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
never seen soccer saturday, or the BT version bar the odd few minutes here and there - both shit pointless drivel.

shearer is easily as bad as any of them others you mention but the point is they're trying to make him bbc voice of football. it's ridiculous because he's hopeless.

carragher is the best pundit (I see regularly) on UK tv football right now. neville is a decent pundit but an abysmal co-commentator.

more Dutch talking heads please

ps carragher for honesty BTW rather than insight...

Dixon and Keane are fair enough as well
Aye, that's fair enough. Shearer isn't strong enough to be the main man. It's always 'Alan shearer and....' Whoever it is that week.

Yeah, Dixon isn't too bad. Good shout.

Agreed on Neville too. Good pundit, always sounds like he's co-commentatin from inside a dustbin.

Oh please watch Soccer saturday Throb. Just for eight seconds. And then come straight on here.

Unread 08-11-2016, 04:31 PM
Harfynn Teuport

Journeymen Robbie Mustoe and Robbie Earl are NBCs pundits and they're way better than any of the @#%&!s above #bringthemhome

Unread 08-11-2016, 04:45 PM
atticusgrinch

Neville, Carragher, Higginbotham, Rio... all decent imo. The rest are @#%&!s and/or morons.

Unread 08-11-2016, 05:49 PM
dragflick

Quote:
Originally Posted by atticusgrinch
Neville, Carragher, Higginbotham, Rio... all decent imo. The rest are @#%&!s and/or morons.
D-Hig is very good, he's been promoted very quickly from a small slot on MUTV to commentating live on Sky...

Unread 08-11-2016, 06:24 PM
AK14

Higginbotham is very good IMO

Big Ron was a favorite of mine back in the day and still does quite a bit for MUTV. Gordon McQueen is funny as £#%&!, doesn't give a £#%&! about toeing the party line when on mutv and wasn't afraid to say it how it was under Moyes and LVG his daughter is sex on legs also

Clarke Carlisle is the worst of them all.

Unread 08-11-2016, 06:56 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Redface
Aye, that's fair enough. Shearer isn't strong enough to be the main man. It's always 'Alan shearer and....' Whoever it is that week.

Yeah, Dixon isn't too bad. Good shout.

Agreed on Neville too. Good pundit, always sounds like he's co-commentatin from inside a dustbin.

Oh please watch Soccer saturday Throb. Just for eight seconds. And then come straight on here.
like i said I see the odd few minutes of it here and there - jeff stelling hamming it up and mathew le tissier screaming in the background usually. utter shite and completely pointless. original bbc videprinter sadly missed.

Unread 08-11-2016, 08:16 PM
red in cumbria

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
original bbc videprinter sadly missed.
Printing out 7 (SEVEN) and higher scores in capitals was the best bit IMO

Unread 08-11-2016, 08:48 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
Printing out 7 (SEVEN) and higher scores in capitals was the best bit IMO
HorseC6

Unread 08-11-2016, 08:56 PM
Vedder

Quote:
I don't think Shearer is that bad.

He's not great, don't get me wrong, but there's dar worse than him.

Murphy
Keown
Jenas

To name three on BBC. They all have that really pompous tone that suggests they're intelligent. They're not. Keown the worst of that lot.

Sky:

Redknapp
The entire soccer Saturday panel extending to Paul Walsh, Tony gale, Tony cotter etc.
Danny Higginbottom
Tony Cascarino

All way worse than Shearer.

BT:

All of them. Really. All of them. Rio is ok. I don't think Michael Owen is anywhere near as bad as people make out. Hoddle is a ninnie, Scholes is dull and says nothing remotely interesting and Robbie savage is a total moron.

G Neville is still the best despite the protestations on here. I don't mind Carragher (sorry) and Souness is ok-ish. Used to be better.

The standard is appalling. None of them talk with any depth at all. And they're not really encouraged or allowed to even if they could. BT proved what they're all about by wasting 10 minutes of analysis of our 4-1 win against Fenerbache discussing why Wayne Rooney didn't take the penalty.

The worst pundit is Garth Crooks. To the point where he's actually entertaining.
Scholes and Savage are decent. I find they're one of the only ones that don't follow script and will go on a rant like Gary, Carragher and Souness. The rest are just dull @#%&!s.

Unread 08-11-2016, 09:35 PM
Billy Redface

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vedder
Scholes and Savage are decent. I find they're one of the only ones that don't follow script and will go on a rant like Gary, Carragher and Souness. The rest are just dull c***s.
Savage rants in the same way Paul Merson does. Because he's a moron.

Scholes is just dull. Legend and all that, but he's dull and looks like he wants to kill himself.

Unread 08-11-2016, 09:41 PM
sa7

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragflick
D-Hig is very good, he's been promoted very quickly from a small slot on MUTV to commentating live on Sky...
He is. Unlike Neville he maintains neutrality by actually being neutral, rather than overcompensating by regularly going to town on us.

He's a nice bloke Gary, and he definitely knows his onions, but when he's commentating on our games he's got a habit of getting on my chebs.

Unread 09-11-2016, 02:11 AM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa7
He is. Unlike Neville he maintains neutrality by actually being neutral, rather than overcompensating by regularly going to town on us.

He's a nice bloke Gary, and he definitely knows his onions, but when he's commentating on our games he's got a habit of getting on my chebs.
he's a shit commentator.

starts with an agenda and repeats it throughout, only relenting if he gets a new one during the game, in which case he repeats that one over and over again instead...

Unread 09-11-2016, 02:44 AM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Savage rants in the same way Paul Merson does. Because he's a moron.

Scholes is just dull. Legend and all that, but he's dull and looks like he wants to kill himself.
I used to think that but most of what he says is absolutely bang on. You can tell he cares, too. He has very high standards for United which I like.

Unread 09-11-2016, 08:21 AM
Billy Redface

Quote:
Originally Posted by Part 36 Offer
I used to think that but most of what he says is absolutely bang on. You can tell he cares, too. He has very high standards for United which I like.
Tbf, I haven't seen him at all this season. Maybe he's lightened up a bit.

Unread 09-11-2016, 02:31 PM
MJ Ramone

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Part 36 Offer
this.

Unread 09-11-2016, 03:17 PM
suffolkred

+1 for D-Hig.

Does a lot of work on talksport recently and, before I even know who he was, was impressed with him. As mentioned before, no United bias either.
Closed Thread