United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 03-12-2007, 05:13 AM
sharath

Thumbs up Berbatov may be off

http://coys.sportsmaestros.com/index...49&hl=berbatov

ITV interview.... when asked whether he will leave tottenham, he replied with a grin on his face.

Not cup tied ( even though has played in uefa cup ) will be cheap now...

£#%&! that sicknote @#%&! off and get him in.

Unread 03-12-2007, 06:14 AM
sharath

still better than the sicknote @#%&!.

Unread 03-12-2007, 06:21 AM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharath
Well, that means we should go out and spend 30 mil on him then.

Sort your £#%&!ing head out.

Unread 03-12-2007, 06:50 AM
borsuk

Quote:
http://coys.sportsmaestros.com/index...49&hl=berbatov

ITV interview.... when asked whether he will leave tottenham, he replied with a grin on his face.

Not cup tied ( even though has played in uefa cup ) will be cheap now...

£#%&! that sicknote @#%&! off and get him in.
and berbatov sitting on the bench is going to be great for team spirit, eh? or would you relegate tevez to the bench? or rooney, perhaps?

Unread 03-12-2007, 09:02 AM
dunk

Erm, he IS cup-tied, he played in the waffa up.

Also, he is shit, a thin Mark Viduka, or short Peter Crouch, with a £#%&!ing stinking attitude.

I hope he gets a dream move to United, Newcastle United.

Unread 03-12-2007, 09:10 AM
sharath

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Erm, he IS cup-tied, he played in the waffa up.
uefa have a new rule. you can have one player who has played in uefa cup and still play him champions league. Mascherano played for dippers like that only

Unread 03-12-2007, 09:14 AM
dunk

Quote:
uefa have a new rule. you can have one player who has played in uefa cup and still play him champions league. Mascherano played for dippers like that only
Oh, is that the 'Liverpool' rule?

I imagine, were he to sign for us, we would be swiftly reminded that the rue only applies to players Liverpool want to sign, as I have never heard of this rule before you mentioned it in any other case other than the Mascherano case.

Anyway, he could play in the African Cup of Nations for all I care, he's shit and a £#%&!er to boot.

Unread 03-12-2007, 10:24 AM
S/Side.Red

Berbatov simply isn't worth the gamble. I've always had my doubts about whether he'd be worth the £20m+ it'd take to bring him here, but after his performances and attitude this season it's clear that we should stay well clear. Not only has he shown himself to be a self-indulgent #@&%!, his form has also been piss poor and he's still yet to score against a top side.

I think Anelka's a far better fit; he ticks all the boxes as far as I'm concerned. He's the perfect type of player; he's at a good age with good experience and he finally seems to have developed a professional attitude; he also, from what you read in the press, is very much gettable and at a reasonable price.

Unread 03-12-2007, 10:31 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
I think Anelka's a far better fit; he ticks all the boxes as far as I'm concerned. He's the perfect type of player; he's at a good age with good experience and he finally seems to have developed a professional attitude; he also, from what you read in the press, is very much gettable and at a reasonable price.
I dunno, it's a toss up for which one misses the more gilt edged chances based on yesterdays evidence.

Unread 03-12-2007, 10:31 AM
Rhodzy

Don't want him here as good of a player he is.

Unread 03-12-2007, 10:34 AM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
I dunno, it's a toss up for which one misses the more gilt edged chances based on yesterdays evidence.
That was very poor, although as Megson said after the game, finishing is now possibly the best part of Anelka's game. It's very rare for him to miss any kind of decent chance these days. His goal ratio for a shite side like Bolton backs that up.

Unread 03-12-2007, 10:36 AM
dunk

Quote:
That was very poor, although as Megson said after the game, finishing is now possibly the best part of Anelka's game. It's very rare for him to miss any kind of decent chance these days.
I would be absolutely made up if we managed to nab Anelka, sadly, I don't think he is even on the radar. I get the horrible impression that the greasy, lank haired moping £#%&!er at White Heart Lane is though.

Unread 03-12-2007, 10:38 AM
believe

modern day le tissier.

Unread 03-12-2007, 10:47 AM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
I would be absolutely made up if we managed to nab Anelka, sadly, I don't think he is even on the radar. I get the horrible impression that the greasy, lank haired moping £#%&!er at White Heart Lane is though.
Well, Fergie's recent praise of Anelka in the press conference ahead of the Bolton game was very reminiscent of his chat about Tevez before West Ham played at Old Trafford. He was really complimentary about him. I’m sure Berbatov was first choice at one stage, I just wonder if this season’s events have changed things.

Unread 03-12-2007, 10:49 AM
dunk

Quote:
Well, Fergie's recent praise of Anelka in the press conference ahead of the Bolton game was very reminiscent of his chat about Tevez before West Ham played at Old Trafford. He was really complimentary about him. I’m sure Berbatov was first choice at one stage, I just wonder if this season’s events have changed things.
I hope you're right.

Unread 03-12-2007, 11:04 AM
celtbion

Quote:
Oh, is that the 'Liverpool' rule?.
Oh the cynicism.....

Unread 03-12-2007, 11:51 AM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
you're the only @#%&! round here you #@&%!

Unread 03-12-2007, 12:31 PM
Baron

He might be a little @#%&!, but the more realistic target from Spurs is Defoe. He's out of contract at the end of the season, so getting him in January for what should be a nominal fee will make a lot more sense than Berbatov or Anelka leaving their clubs mid-season.

Unread 03-12-2007, 12:32 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron_van_Marlon
He might be a little @#%&!, but the more realistic target from Spurs is Defoe. He's out of contract at the end of the season, so getting him in January for what should be a nominal fee will make a lot more sense than Berbatov or Anelka leaving their clubs mid-season.
I'm not being funny, but £#%&! off. He's £#%&!ing £#%&!.

I'd rather have Dong!

Unread 03-12-2007, 12:39 PM
Baron

Quote:
I'm not being funny, but £#%&! off. He's £#%&!ing £#%&!.

I'd rather have Dong!
He's not "£#%&!". He's a greedy little £#%&!er who still managed 20 in all competitions last year.

As a 3rd/4th choice striker behind Rooney, Tevez & the man of glass, what else do think we should be aiming for? Anelka wont arrive & sit on the bench, neither would Berbatov. Defoe for anything less than £5m makes a shitload more sense than anything else out there. I'm not personally advocating him arriving but he's not been in the media whinging about not playing or coating his team mates so sitting on our bench is a shitload more appealing than the Spurs one. Plus he knows the league, lingo (just, innit) & England lads so settling shouldn't be an issue.

Given Rooney & Saha's medical history someone who can step straight into the side & is a decent age for relatively small change shouldn't be sniffed at.

Or we should recall Campbell from his loan spell, he's been scoring & isn't dissimilar to him as far as I can tell.
Closed Thread