United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 22-05-2016, 11:27 AM
djsst

Quote:
They've never even won the Uefa cup, it was the 'cup winners cup' which was always full of shite teams and doesn't really count.

Unread 22-05-2016, 11:39 AM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by djsst
A few teams could have had more European trophies if it wasn't for a certain 5 year ban.

Unread 22-05-2016, 11:40 AM
dunk

CWC was miles better than the waffa. They should bring it back. I'd be loving a pop at the CWC next year

Unread 22-05-2016, 11:53 AM
Switching Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fergie out 89

Why are they so obsessed with Benitez for £#%&!s sake? It's odd
Our Mourinho thread is talking about Angle Di Maria.

Unread 22-05-2016, 12:58 PM
Fat Al

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
CWC was miles better than the waffa. They should bring it back. I'd be loving a pop at the CWC next year
I'm sure in terms of 'importance', UEFA ranked the ECWC 2nd of the three.

Unread 22-05-2016, 01:00 PM
Denis Irwell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Al
I think they did but everyone else knew the other comp was stronger and harder to win

Unread 22-05-2016, 01:07 PM
dunk

Thumbs up

Quote:
Can't remember tbh, it was a cracking little tournament though, 1 club from each nation, straight 2 legged knockout

Unread 22-05-2016, 01:12 PM
Mr Kaboom

Was there a cup final thread yesterday ?

Unread 22-05-2016, 01:15 PM
sa7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Kaboom
Was there a cup final thread yesterday ?
If there was its probably been Heyseled

Unread 22-05-2016, 01:31 PM
Time For Heroes

Quote:
At least in the CWC you had to actually win a trophy to get in it.

Unread 22-05-2016, 01:45 PM
djsst

Quote:
Originally Posted by Time For Heroes
At least in the CWC you had to actually win a trophy to get in it.
And played the final in a neutral stadium not some home and away %@#$&!s

The results are in....

Turns out the top five ended up like the real league.....amazing.

Quote:
Good work Prof. It's bizarre that Rodgers' time had us on the 71 points line, but we dropped way off when Klopp came!
Quote:
I may be wrong but since Feb i think we were second to Leicester in points gained.

Quote:
Its funny but i think we would have been higher in the league if Rodgers was still here. Things like prioritising competitions probably wouldnt have happened.

Unread 22-05-2016, 03:07 PM
Pop

- I can't wait for the first time that he throws his weight around in the face of Klopp. We're not talking about the meek Hodgson or Rodgers, or the dignified Rafa. Jurgen will simply rip this guy's £#%&!ing head off.

Dignified Rafa

£#%&!ing LOVE their dignity, the scousers

Unread 22-05-2016, 03:29 PM
Zorg

Quote:
And played the final in a neutral stadium not some home and away %@#$&!s

The results are in....

It's about time someone emailed the par league tables to the FA. They could form some sort of

"League Table"

...to decide on the best and worst teams in a particular season.

Unread 22-05-2016, 04:08 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denis Irwell
I think they did but everyone else knew the other comp was stronger and harder to win
easier to qualify for though

and home and away finals as well...

often ended up with a better final line-up though - napoli and real being in it in the 80s. inter, juve, bayern, ajax in the 90s etc...

meanwhile the EC final was usually a steaming pile of shite.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
It's about time someone emailed the par league tables to the FA. They could form some sort of

"League Table"

...to decide on the best and worst teams in a particular season.
in la liga we'd have finished 4th this season

Unread 22-05-2016, 04:12 PM
ScarFace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pop
- I can't wait for the first time that he throws his weight around in the face of Klopp.
Yes, Klopp, the famous big game winner.

Unread 22-05-2016, 05:55 PM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
As compared to the brilliant teams they beat on their way to their European cups in the 70s/80s. That bye was particularly difficult.

Quote:
And played the final in a neutral stadium not some home and away balls

The results are in....

It's supposed to. Think the whole point is to show a more accurate picture through the season by removing false perceptions given by the quality of teams played. I.e. A team might have played none of the hardest fixtures and be 1 point ahead of a team that has, so the latter team should be a favourite to finish above the team ahead of them. Not that it actually shows this, due to the assumptions that have to be made to come up with such a system, but that's it's purpose as far as I was aware.

Unread 22-05-2016, 07:13 PM
92ToBury

What a load of %@#$&!s the par league is. Leicester on minus £#%&!ing nine? That would mean they'd be on 31 points the brain dead scouse @#%&!

Unread 22-05-2016, 07:15 PM
Switching Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92ToBury
What a load of %@#$&!s the par league is. Leicester on minus £#%&!ing nine? That would mean they'd be on 31 points the brain dead scouse @#%&!
Sounds to me like you've failed to understand the par league.

Unread 22-05-2016, 07:21 PM
92ToBury

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switching Off
Sounds to me like you've failed to understand the par league.
Not interested in it. It's up there with the chicken mourning sessions as a tool of hope and self denial. I get that they believe that you need 90 for the title and 71 for CL qualification but then use the word target rather than par. Again, I don't give enough £#%&!s to pull prof up on his inconsistency as that would suggest that I valued his efforts in the first place. Parklife.

Unread 22-05-2016, 07:22 PM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammy Dodger
As compared to the brilliant teams they beat on their way to their European cups in the 70s/80s. That bye was particularly difficult.

It's supposed to. Think the whole point is to show a more accurate picture through the season by removing false perceptions given by the quality of teams played. I.e. A team might have played none of the hardest fixtures and be 1 point ahead of a team that has, so the latter team should be a favourite to finish above the team ahead of them. Not that it actually shows this, due to the assumptions that have to be made to come up with such a system, but that's it's purpose as far as I was aware.
Exactly, that's what makes it completely and utterly bonkers.
Closed Thread