United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football

Unread 30-10-2023, 11:19 AM
silv

Default 4-4-2

No, not the reading material for half the intellectual elite on here but the formation that will save us.

Fernandes Holjund
Garnacho Amrabat Casemiro Rashford

Relieve Bruno of his playmaking responsibilities, have little and large up top and sack of this 4-3-3 that clearly isnt working.

Unread 30-10-2023, 11:21 AM
atticusgrinch

Quote:
Originally Posted by silv
No, not the reading material for half the intellectual elite on here but the formation that will save us.

Fernandes Holjund

Relieve Bruno of his playmaking responsibilities, have little and large up top and sack of this 4-3-3 that clearly isnt working.
Jesus no. wtf

Unread 30-10-2023, 11:25 AM
jem

we don't play 4-3-3, unfortunately.

Unread 30-10-2023, 11:27 AM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by atticusgrinch
Jesus no. wtf

Unread 30-10-2023, 11:31 AM
believe

It shouldn’t have to be a formation but just have a plan B and even C and D if required. Constantly trying to stick to something that isn’t working is what frustrates most people, even the players I reckon. Yesterday was a prime example, you’re 2 down with absolutely nothing to lose, play 4 attacking players and three at the back or anything. Yes we might eventually lose by another couple of goals but try and inject some optimism at least.

Unread 30-10-2023, 11:39 AM
Mr_Ed

The formation we’ve got is pretty much the done thing these days.

It’s just the other teams pass the ball better, defend better and have players who aren’t greedy and play better, more intelligent passes rather than shoot on sight.

Unread 30-10-2023, 11:45 AM
tatty

The book ‘Inverting the Pyramid’ talks about the point Fergie realised 442 had had its day.

The thing is a top side probably could make it work against all but other top sides and well drilled lesser teams.

We aren’t a top side or well drilled.

Unread 30-10-2023, 11:53 AM
ryanMUFC

Quote:

Fernandes Holjund

I don’t think we have the players for this. It would probably be a 4-4-1-1 if we’re playing Bruno.

Nowadays when you have 2 CM’s the opposition will just overload theirs.

Unread 30-10-2023, 11:54 AM
silv

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanMUFC
I don’t think we have the players for this. It would probably be a 4-4-1-1 if we’re playing Bruno.

Nowadays when you have 2 CM’s the opposition will just overload theirs.
that’s what i envisioned with bruno just behind Rasmus

Unread 30-10-2023, 11:58 AM
My Name is Heath

Quote:

Fernandes Holjund

Is everything ok mate?

This is a horrific front 6.

We need to stick to classic 1-4-2-3-1 formation (when fit)

Oh Nana!

Dalot
Varane
Martinez
Shaw

Lindelof
Casemiro

Antony
Bruno
Garnacho

Magnus Magnussen

Unread 30-10-2023, 11:59 AM
silv

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Name is Heath
Is everything ok mate?

This is a horrific front 6.

We need to stick to classic 1-4-2-3-1 formation (when fit)

Oh Nana!

Dalot
Varane
Martinez
Shaw

Lindelof
Casemiro

Antony
Bruno
Garnacho

Magnus Magnussen
mark my words.

like the 90s undercut it’s due a comeback

Unread 30-10-2023, 12:00 PM
no fun

I reckon we could play 5-4-3 with this current squad and we would still lose to any team above us

Unread 30-10-2023, 12:12 PM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:

Fernandes Holjund

Don’t have the players. Giving rashford more defensive responsibility , on the right starting in a deeper position ? No chance he has the ability to do it .

Hojlund would need a proper striker next to him . Rashford and martial aren’t proper strikers. We have nobody else

Honestly at this stage he needs to drop the first teamers, play Mejbri garnacho Mainoo .

Even if they struggle , the current guys are struggling and at the very least it would send a message to these over paid £#%&!ers.

Front 6 of

Mainoo
Amrabat

Mount
Mejbri
Garnacho

Hojlund

Unread 30-10-2023, 05:18 PM
RedNick80

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasilvatwins
Don’t have the players. Giving rashford more defensive responsibility , on the right starting in a deeper position ? No chance he has the ability to do it .

Hojlund would need a proper striker next to him . Rashford and martial aren’t proper strikers. We have nobody else

Honestly at this stage he needs to drop the first teamers, play Mejbri garnacho Mainoo .

Even if they struggle , the current guys are struggling and at the very least it would send a message to these over paid £#%&!ers.

Front 6 of

Mainoo
Amrabat

Mount
Mejbri
Garnacho

Hojlund
Again, can’t argue with the Twins.

Hopefully cup game midweek sees Rashford, Anthony and Bruno given ‘a rest’