United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
View Poll Results: Who is your preferred bidder?
Qatar 29 50.00%
Ineos 29 50.00%
Voters: 58. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Unread 18-05-2023, 10:19 AM
silv

Default Who is your preferred bidder?

Who would you choose?

Unread 18-05-2023, 10:32 AM
Stickman

Debt gone
Glazer gone

Not Ineos.

Unread 18-05-2023, 10:36 AM
tatty

I prefer the bidder who isn’t going to enable the Glazer’s to stay, who hasn’t got a poor record with other club ownership, who isn’t clear about the debt, who is very unlikely to be able to finance redevelopment of the ground etc etc.

I prefer the other bidder that is going to clear the debt, redevelop the ground, remove the Glazers, and have us compete financially for the top players.

Unread 18-05-2023, 10:49 AM
Chris Quayd

Quote:
Originally Posted by tatty
I prefer the bidder who isn’t going to enable the Glazer’s to stay, who hasn’t got a poor record with other club ownership, who isn’t clear about the debt, who is very unlikely to be able to finance redevelopment of the ground etc etc.

I prefer the other bidder that is going to clear the debt, redevelop the ground, remove the Glazers, and have us compete financially for the top players.
You prefer a group with no experience of running a club who can't produce any evidence that their prospective owner actually exists? I'm fairly sure if Nice and Lausanne's football clubs were deleted from the matrix not even their own fans would notice. Not sure what Ineos could have done there that would encourage reds that they could manage one of the biggest clubs on the planet.

Unread 18-05-2023, 11:08 AM
atticusgrinch

I prefer the one which doesn’t require more debt to buy the club and gets rid of the Glazers.

No one knows how well either prospective owner would run the club so the 2 above factors win out.

I don’t mind if they’re brown.

Unread 18-05-2023, 11:11 AM
shenwen

Quote:
Originally Posted by atticusgrinch
I prefer the one which doesn’t require more debt to buy the club and gets rid of the Glazers.

No one knows how well either prospective owner would run the club so the 2 above factors win out.

Given how the Glazers are dragging this out and the impact it could have already on next season, I'll go for the one that isn't planning to keep the ghouls around.

Unread 18-05-2023, 11:14 AM
AK14

Quote:

Ffs

Unread 18-05-2023, 11:20 AM
BarryX

Quote:
Originally Posted by silv
Who would you choose?
Either/or for me, so I'm abstaining. The romantic in me says Jim Bob, but there's the downside of the parasitical Glazers sniffing around the boardroom and the fact that he's not going to be around for the long term (no idea about his inheritors, kids, etc, TBF).

The Sheik would seem to be my objective choice, based on monetary terms alone and the ability to buy the best of the best, improve infrastructure, etc. He's also much younger than Jim and looks a bit like an Arab Giggsy.

However, oil money.

Unread 18-05-2023, 11:22 AM
Finport Red

I’m still Glazers out, so Qatar for me.

And, while they may not have the experience of running a football club, Sir Worzel Gummidge does and he’s not done well at all so far.

Unread 18-05-2023, 11:24 AM
Chris Quayd

Quote:

We also don't know if either group will actually clear the debt. Call me a stickler but I need a bit more evidence than a press release on behalf of some no-chinned Arab that he is going to wipe out half a billion out of the goodness of his heart.

Unread 18-05-2023, 11:29 AM
Jethro

Don't care

Unread 18-05-2023, 11:36 AM
Weghorst

Quote:

you daft racist.

Unread 18-05-2023, 11:36 AM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jethro
Don't care
iiif don’t care wasn’t an option?

Unread 18-05-2023, 11:37 AM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickman
iiif don’t care wasn’t an option?
Don't know.

Unread 18-05-2023, 11:37 AM
Ethers

I’ll go with the Manchester born United fan thanks.

Also a shrewd businessman, who’s had the Sheikh’s pants down throughout this process.

Imagine that chubby gimp actually trying to sign players if he can’t even buy a football club whose owners are desperate to sell, despite apparently being far richer than the rival bidder. Embarrassing.

Unread 18-05-2023, 11:41 AM
magic_cantona

I'm going for the bidder that won't keep the Glazers around the club they've raped for nearly 20 years.

I'd rather see anyone* than that.

*who gets rid of the debt, will make us transparently cash rich and solvent and able to compete every season with a quality squad.

Unread 18-05-2023, 11:42 AM
Gypsum Fantastic

:garyoldmangif:

*except it’s anybody not everybody so doesn’t really work…

Unread 18-05-2023, 11:43 AM
Stickman

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers

Also a shrewd businessman, who’s had the Sheikh’s pants down throughout this process.

Imagine that chubby gimp actually trying to sign players if he can’t even buy a football club whose owners are desperate to sell, despite apparently being far richer than the rival bidder. Embarrassing.
You’re right, he should have given Joel and Avi a bigger share than Jim to seal it.

Unread 18-05-2023, 11:44 AM
silv

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers

the man who can't find the bunce to buy it outright?

pretty sure the Qatari's are shrewd business people too given how much they're worth

Unread 18-05-2023, 11:54 AM
Finport Red

Malcolm Glazer was a shrewd businessman. His sons are shrewd businessmen. What these shrewd businessmen have in common is, they haven’t shown any ability or great desire to successfully run a football club.

Didn’t want shrewd glazer senior, don’t like shrewd glazers junior and, if shrewd local lad wants to keep them at the club, I don’t want him about either. Let’s face it, they won’t be hanging about for the kudos.
Closed Thread