United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 28-10-2021, 12:38 PM
The Stella Fella

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
If we’re not going for Conte I’d like to see us get Potter tbh.

Unread 29-10-2021, 10:55 AM
dunk

Quote:
Rodgers ahead of Conte in race to replace Solskjaer
Be careful what you wish for, because you just might get it

Unread 29-10-2021, 11:06 AM
Patty_b

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk

https://twitter.com/robdawsonespn/st...792846861?s=21
Just that shot of him there thinking he could be our manager is enough to set the gag reflex off

However, if he did get the job and he spent some years here winning stuff, then I think I could learn to live with it pretty quickly. I'd prefer him over Conte... I think.

Unread 29-10-2021, 11:07 AM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk

https://twitter.com/robdawsonespn/st...792846861?s=21
£#%&! no, no no no no no....

Rather keep ole till the end of the season...

Unread 29-10-2021, 11:08 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patty_b
Just that shot of him there thinking he could be our manager is enough to set the gag reflex off

However, if he did get the job and he spent some years here winning stuff, then I think I could learn to live with it pretty quickly. I'd prefer him over Conte... I think.
Tbf he's probably one of the top candidates. big club experience, won leagues, good football, promotes youth, consistent in the PL (at falling away in the last month), got a trophy for Leicester, got an eye for a player and develops them well..

Unread 29-10-2021, 11:08 AM
MUFCOK

We wouldn't be able to get him for at least 12/18 months but I'd love to see Luis Enrique as United manager

Unread 29-10-2021, 12:32 PM
MagnificentSeven

if someone like rodgers is appointed then this club is well and truly dead. did we learn nothing from moyes?.

he's the sort of manager clubs like leeds, villa, newcastle, everton and west ham should be looking at, not united.

Unread 29-10-2021, 12:42 PM
Dr Stranger

If Moyes hadn’t been here already, he’d be one of the favourites based on what he’s doing now.

Unread 29-10-2021, 12:46 PM
Stickman

Obvious upgrade but the Liverpool connection kills him for me.

I think he’ll take over from Guardiola tbph.

Unread 29-10-2021, 12:47 PM
Furry Russian hats

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnificentSeven
if someone like rodgers is appointed then this club is well and truly dead. did we learn nothing from moyes?.

he's the sort of manager clubs like leeds, villa, newcastle, everton and west ham should be looking at, not united.
If Gerrard hadn’t slipped on his arse he won the league for Liverpool, Celtic have gone to shit since he left and he’s won the FA cup with Leicester.

He is the obvious candidate and if we don’t get him someone else will. Forget Conte, he’ll come in and rip everything up!

Unread 29-10-2021, 12:48 PM
Denis Irwell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickman
Obvious upgrade but the Liverpool connection kills him for me.

I think he’ll take over from Guardiola tbph.
Just think of the seething

Unread 29-10-2021, 12:49 PM
Dr Stranger

Rodgers is good ‘on paper’….. but…..ya know….. eurgh.

Unread 29-10-2021, 12:50 PM
jem

are we forgetting paul hirst?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The taste of...
What about that Brentford Herr?

Looks like he can organise a unit
phil jones to solve the midfield problem? interesting.

Unread 29-10-2021, 12:57 PM
Hyman_Roth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Furry Russian hats
If Gerrard hadn’t slipped on his arse he won the league for Liverpool, Celtic have gone to shit since he left and he’s won the FA cup with Leicester.

He is the obvious candidate and if we don’t get him someone else will. Forget Conte, he’ll come in and rip everything up!
This. Put big Brendan’s name forward last season but always did it tongue in cheek to save face. Not anymore. If we can’t get the Ajax lad, who we won’t have even heard of him then I’d go with Big BR.

Unread 29-10-2021, 01:01 PM
Denis Irwell

Not even sure he’d want the job, knowing the state.

Unread 29-10-2021, 01:04 PM
atticusgrinch

Klopp and Tuchel were promising and upcoming before they went to the dippers and Chelsea.

Klopp had lost a CL final and won 2 German league titles - but that was when LVG was managing Bayern, so taking the 2nd biggest team to the league probably wasn't the achievement it would be now.

Tuchel had done well at Dortmund and PSG but nothing outrageous. Also lost a CL final with PSG.

We need a young forward thinking tactically astute manager on the cusp of greatness. All they need is the platform. Losing a CL final is no bar to future success in the competition.

In short - Pochettino.

If not Poch, Ten Hag.

If neither can be appointed now, appoint Conte with a view to getting one of the above over the next couple of years.

We could have been 2 years into a Poch regime now if that #@&%! Woodward hadn't been such a weak clueless sack of shit.

Unread 29-10-2021, 01:05 PM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
If we’re not going for Conte I’d like to see us get Potter tbh.
https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/59037905

Quote:
"The club had just been relegated and a few big names had gone. It was a bit up in the air. He brought in a lot of players from the under-23s. He was really keen on developing players. If they earned the opportunity to play, he was more than happy to give it to them."
Quote:
"He cared so much more about the performance than the result," adds McBurnie. "I remember one game at Nottingham Forest. We lost 2-1 but we'd absolutely battered them. He was happier with that than games where we'd got a result but hadn't played the way he wanted.

"His philosophy was that if you get the performance right, then more times than not the result would look after itself. It was a breath of fresh air."
Quote:
Throughout pre-season, Potter worked to implement a more fluid attacking system. On the opening day, everything came together at Vicarage Road, giving an early indication of what this revamped Brighton were capable of.
Quote:
"We believed in him that much. I honestly think he could go as high and as far as he wants. I don't think there's much that could stop him."

Unread 29-10-2021, 01:06 PM
Hyman_Roth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denis Irwell
Not even sure he’d want the job, knowing the state.
Bet there’s hardly anyone who salivates at the prospect of working for the glazers. That’s why they send Fergie out to sell it the disingenuous bastard. Here, come to mufc - we’re an absolute shit show but not everyone has quite worked that out yet. this biggest club in the world clap trap. We have a small club mentality but have the biggest fan base in the world.

Unread 29-10-2021, 01:08 PM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyman_Roth
Bet there’s hardly anyone who salivates at the prospect of working for the glazers. That’s why they send Fergie out to sell it the disingenuous bastard. Here, come to mufc - we’re an absolute shit show but not everyone has quite worked that out yet. this biggest club in the world clap trap. We have a small club mentality but have the biggest fan base in the world.
Woodward on the phone to Klopp. 'It's like Disneyland here'.
*click*
'Weird. He wasn't interested'

Unread 29-10-2021, 01:19 PM
Hyman_Roth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
Woodward on the phone to Klopp. 'It's like Disneyland here'.
*click*
'Weird. He wasn't interested'
Let me tell you that we’ve got our eye on numerous highly sought after new targets Jurgen. Have you heard of Nippon noodles from Japan? No? Well, we’ve nearly tied them up and we’ve already got DHL on the training kits too etc.
Closed Thread