United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 25-10-2021, 12:01 AM
Chris Quayd

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14

Sounds like us under Ole.
Which part of three European cups in a row sounds exactly like us?

Unread 25-10-2021, 12:15 AM
tatty

Zidane would be an improvement, obviously.

I'm not at all sure he's a better choice than Conte though.

The club needs gripping by the throat and kicked in to shape...not given an arm round the shoulder and a few quietly whispered words of encouragement.

Conte the RSM not Zidane the woke social worker.

Unread 25-10-2021, 12:15 AM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Quayd

Unread 25-10-2021, 08:24 AM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Quayd
If you watched the video you’d know it was about his second spell in charge.

Unread 25-10-2021, 05:23 PM
saffers

I don't think Zizou can go into this job right now.

We need a coach and not another man manager right now.

Fully respect him though.

Unread 25-10-2021, 05:24 PM
AK14

According to Twitter he doesn’t want the job

Sounds like it’s out of Conte or Fletcher then

Unread 25-10-2021, 10:35 PM
Zorg

Quote:

Decisions decisions

Unread 25-10-2021, 10:36 PM
tatty

Zidane is not what we need right now.

In 2 or 3 years when our problems have been sorted we can get back to indulging the Theatre of Dreams fantasies...but not now.

Unread 26-10-2021, 06:49 AM
westcoastvan

I would prefer Zidane.

The problem with Conte is that United have been building a team that plays fast attacking football.

If you bring him in your going to have a bunch of forwards sitting on the bench, most likely (Sancho, Cavani, Greenwood, Martial, Lingard)

He'll probably utilize Shaw and Dalot as his wingbacks (Bissaka can't cross worth $hit) but demand more transfers to upgrade the quality in these positions.

With Zidane you just have to get a CDM the quality of Fabinho, and your pretty much off to the races,, save maybe a new right back.

Unread 26-10-2021, 06:54 AM
Patty_b

I think Zidane would be a catastrophe. Don't think he is the person to get us out of this funk at all.

Out of everyone I've got to go with Bunks and his man ETH, but we'd need to bring in whoever he wants (ETH not Bunks) above and below him at the same time for it to work.

Unread 26-10-2021, 07:16 AM
shenwen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patty_b
I think Zidane would be a catastrophe. Don't think he is the person to get us out of this funk at all.

Out of everyone I've got to go with Bunks and his man ETH, but we'd need to bring in whoever he wants (ETH not Bunks) above and below him at the same time for it to work.
Said previously there's no way the Ajax guy is coming mid season. Orat least would be very surprised if he does. Especially if we expect him to bring an entourage.

Which would leaves us in a huge mess regarding who looks after the team until then. Which is why I assume we're looking at out of work managers.

Really should have acted after the Europa. if not to replace Ole, at least to have a succession plan in place. I guess the club had no idea it would get this bad so quickly.

Unread 26-10-2021, 07:23 AM
My Name is Heath

We are still a huge club.

On Sunday I saw so many United tops. We are still big box office.

As such, I think we need to embrace it. Give it Prince Harry to the end of the season. He has the name, the connections. Cam get a Netflix doc out of it too and thanks to his fantastic work with the Invictus games, knows how to deal with athletes with disabilities like Pogba and his mind like a toddler.

Unread 26-10-2021, 07:58 AM
Mr_Ed

Quote:

Clearly his wife still doesn’t like Manchester
Closed Thread