United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 03-10-2021, 01:51 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
Zidane would be a total disaster. Avoid.
Him and Conte are desperation shouts from the ADHD give me a trophy now boys. Same #@&%!s probably still back Mou :£#%&!er:

I don’t see a solution that appeases those that are screaming for change now tbh, there isn’t a manager out there we could possibly get that’s worth breaking the bank for. Do we want another caretaker situation?

We had a similar wobbly start last season, albeit with greater reasons/excuses, and turned it round and were really good for the vast majority of the middle period of the season, only railing off when our lack of viable attacking options became apparent.

Definitely would be worth Ole bringing in another/replacement coach with a bit more experience and tactical nous, but who?

Unread 03-10-2021, 02:27 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Him and Conte are desperation shouts from the ADHD give me a trophy now boys. Same #@&%!s probably still back Mou :£#%&!er:

I don’t see a solution that appeases those that are screaming for change now tbh, there isn’t a manager out there we could possibly get that’s worth breaking the bank for. Do we want another caretaker situation?

We had a similar wobbly start last season, albeit with greater reasons/excuses, and turned it round and were really good for the vast majority of the middle period of the season, only railing off when our lack of viable attacking options became apparent.

Definitely would be worth Ole bringing in another/replacement coach with a bit more experience and tactical nous, but who?
I don’t think there’s an obvious solution right now, no. Conte and Zidane just feel like horrible fits and back to the old method of panicking and getting a shiny new name.

I don’t think Ole is the answer long-term anymore, I’ve lost faith there, but that doesn’t mean we should be immediately sacking him with no plan in place. We shouldn’t sack him for the sake of it, nor do we need to. The situation is disappointing and worrying, but not hopeless and dire. It’s too early for that.

Anyone we get in should be continuing and elevating his work, not throwing it out. If Ole left tomorrow, I would say he’s done a good job and left a very good set of players with a good attitude….they just need some work.

All the previous managers have picked up the baton amidst a shit-storm, usually from a manager completely different to them.

The next manager should be carrying on what we’re doing already.

I don’t think Ole will replace the coaching staff, unfortunately.

Unread 03-10-2021, 02:31 PM
Fat Al

IF and this is a £#%&!ing big IF we need a new manager, I'd like to see Simeone get the job.

But I don't think he'd take it.

Unread 03-10-2021, 02:32 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Al
IF and this is a £#%&!ing big IF we need a new manager, I'd like to see Simeone get the job.

He’s at Atletico for life I reckon.

Unread 03-10-2021, 02:34 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Al

I’d love to see Simeone in this league…. But not for us.

Unread 03-10-2021, 02:54 PM
AK14

Isn’t Simeone the biggest negative bastard of them all?

Unread 03-10-2021, 03:52 PM
jem

george graham is only 76.

Unread 03-10-2021, 04:06 PM
NedKelly

Get Thomas Frank in ffs

Unread 03-10-2021, 04:14 PM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly
Get Thomas Frank in ffs
Would rather Anne Frank tbh.

Unread 03-10-2021, 04:25 PM
saffers

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk

Ole is so shit that almost anyone is an improvement on him.

Ralf Rangnick would come here and would have a clear plan. I also think Luis Enrique would be happy to take such a big job as this.

Arsene Wenger comeback?

Unread 03-10-2021, 07:19 PM
dunk

What’s Enrique done outside the Barca/Messi bubble?

What’s Ragnick done ever?

Wenger; see other thread.

Desperation stakes saffers. You’ve pulled your skirt up and showing everyone your knickers at 1.45am in the club.

Unread 03-10-2021, 07:24 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
she’d still get shit on here when we’re crap from set pieces:

“What do they even do in the loft all week??”

Unread 03-10-2021, 07:28 PM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
she’d still get shit on here when we’re crap from set pieces:

“What do they even do in the loft all week??”
‘Fred’s had an absolute h...... nightmare today’

Unread 03-10-2021, 07:33 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
‘Fred’s had an absolute h...... nightmare today’

Unread 03-10-2021, 07:37 PM
dunk

Ragnick appears to be the German Steve Bruce

Unread 03-10-2021, 08:17 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly
Get Thomas Frank in ffs
I mean I like both him and Brentford, but to state the £#%&!ing obvious its a hell of a step up. Same with Potter.

Unread 03-10-2021, 08:21 PM
Pop

Quote:
Least the players will have an excuse for disappearing every week.

Learned from the best

Wladysław Szpilman as assistant manager?

Unread 24-10-2021, 10:33 PM
AK14

Not for me thanks

Sounds like us under Ole.

Unread 24-10-2021, 11:53 PM
westcoastvan

Zidane place a 4--3-3 I think, & Conte a 3 -5 -2 or a 3 - 4 -1 - 2

Zidane would allow United to keep the fast attacking football, but there is still the major problem of not having a number 6 that can make up for Pogba's defensive liabilities. (And I imagine Zidane would do everything to keep Pogba)

Conte would be good, United have a wealth of wing backs he could draw on, (Shaw/Telles) (Bissaka/Dalot) , and you could safely fit Pogba in, but you would also end up with all that attacking talent on the bench.

At any rate I don't see the Glazer's pulling the trigger on a new manager they just awarded with a new contract, unless the heat gets really bad.

Unread 24-10-2021, 11:55 PM
atticusgrinch

Quote:
Originally Posted by westcoastvan
Zidane place a 4--3-3 I think, & Conte a 3 -5 -2 or a 3 - 4 -1 - 2

Zidane would allow United to keep the fast attacking football, but there is still the major problem of not having a number 6 that can make up for Pogba's defensive liabilities. (And I imagine Zidane would do everything to keep Pogba)

Conte would be good, United have a wealth of wing backs he could draw on, (Shaw/Telles) (Bissaka/Dalot) , and you could safely fit Pogba in, but you would also end up with all that attacking talent on the bench.

At any rate I don't see the Glazer's pulling the trigger on a new manager they just awarded with a new contract, unless the heat gets really bad.
Closed Thread