United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Love United, Hate Glazer

Unread 17-01-2010, 07:20 PM
Spiffy

Default Re: Worried about the debt at United ? What are YOU going to do about it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
That's what the stewards actually said?

Who are these @#%&!s they get to work as stewards? Getting chucked out for singing ffs.
Totally agree, it's £#%&!ing outrageous. Having said that when I went which was obv before the Glazer's bought us I used to get evils for swearing or singing too loudly. At the time though no one was being evicted for it. Everytime it happens we should at least flood 606 with calls complaining about it, get it into the fans consciousness, most who went yesterday will be unaware people got evicted for singing.

Unread 17-01-2010, 07:29 PM
£#%&! KFC

Default Re: Worried about the debt at United ? What are YOU going to do about it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiffy

Kev, instead of having snide digs at people who are concerned about the Glazer's, why not either shut your mouth or maybe even join the protestors? Oh I forgot, 'no one is going to stop you from watching United'. I'm sure Betty and Tufty say something similar.

I'm not having any digs to people concerned about the Glazers you stupid £#%&!ing scouse loving slag.....the only person I am having a dig is at you in case you hadn't noticed....gobshite

Unread 17-01-2010, 07:49 PM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Blazini
I agree, the sudden wave of anti-Glazer feeling is definitely partly down to recent performances, and the feeling that we've got £#%&! all to spend. Which is why I think £#%&! all will come of them, again.

But there's no doubt our efforts pre-takeover were better than anything the scouse managed.
I would hope it's mostly because of the details that have now come out. But yeah, obviously there'll be some overlap in terms of percieved poor performances

the craziness is this: I was in my local tonight. Got chatting to a couple of reds and a bitter @#%&! joined in. Full of city tats. I nearly spat my smooth out when he started banging on about the glazers - bad for football etc, said he'd join any protests organised..... W...T...F

he's prob in the minority of the blue @#%&!s (he can think straight for a start) but if a £#%&!ing bitter can recognise the cancer the glazers bring , I'd hope most of our support could.

Unread 17-01-2010, 07:56 PM
red @rmy

Quote:
Originally Posted by £#%&! KFC
I'm not having any digs to people concerned about the Glazers you stupid £#%&!ing scouse loving slag.....the only person I am having a dig is at you in case you hadn't noticed....gobshite

Unread 17-01-2010, 07:57 PM
Sumo

I'm preparing myself for the worse but life goes on

Unread 17-01-2010, 07:58 PM
£#%&! KFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by red @rmy

Unread 17-01-2010, 08:15 PM
wee man

Quote:
Originally Posted by £#%&! KFC
I can actually hear you saying that. Great word.

Unread 17-01-2010, 09:19 PM
wonky no

hang on, are we arguing about wether we are right to protest or not?

we protested, we stopped, some stopped going some want to prortest for the first time. why the arguing? no-one wants them here- no-one.

so hows about instead of embarrassing ourselves in front of spying eyes on here we actually show a bit of unity?

Unread 17-01-2010, 10:39 PM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Originally Posted by wonky no

we protested, we stopped, some stopped going some want to prortest for the first time. why the arguing? no-one wants them here- no-one.

so hows about instead of embarrassing ourselves in front of spying eyes on here we actually show a bit of unity?
we are don't worry about that. there is disquiet on the concourse

Unread 18-01-2010, 01:37 AM
42ndstreet irregular

Thumbs up Re: Worried about the debt at United ? What are YOU going to do about it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by wonky no

Spot on.

Unread 18-01-2010, 03:04 AM
Sandman

Apparently what's happening to us with the Gimps is good for English football.

Quote:
[SIZE="4"]The Glazers may be bad for Manchester United but that is good for the game...

By Martin Samuel

18th January 2010

Bumped into Geoffrey Boycott, England legend and Manchester United fan, in Johannesburg this week. ‘So,’ he said, with the smug smile of one who is not used to hearing bad news about his club, ‘who are we buying, then?’
It would appear Geoffrey had fallen a little out of the loop while on tour, so he was brought up to speed on a few things. Ending on a positive note, I mentioned United were considering having a whip-round among famous fans and had heard he was good for a few quid. He didn’t seem too interested in that, and wandered off to resume butchering England’s batsmen.
And this is the contradiction at the heart of the Glazer saga. Empathy for Manchester United supporters, while quietly relishing what is happening to their club for the change it might bring to English football.
Not because anyone has it in for United specifically but because the balance of power in football must alter over time if the sport is not to become moribund. Evolution takes place when the alpha club mess up. Mistakes may occur on the field, or off, but the bottom line is, when somebody gets it wrong, a rival, better managed, better prepared,
becomes prominent.

If the Glazer ownership presents a genuine challenge to the supremacy of Manchester United then what is a catastrophe at Old Trafford is, for the rest, a good thing. Here was a club set fair to win an unprecedented fourth consecutive League title in English football, and now it may not.
Yes, it would be preferable if any downfall was for football, rather than financial, reasons, but both elements need expert management to produce success.
A popular theory is that Liverpool’s domination of English football ended because the club failed to adequately replace an ageing team. Yet, just as significantly, it failed to capitalise commercially on the boom in the English game which limited its spending power. Arsenal fell away in the last five years because of the limitations placed on Arsene Wenger, the manager, by the building of a new stadium. Economics invariably play a role in the balance of power, and if boardroom decisions precipitate a decline at Manchester United, these will not be unique circumstances.
The Glazers’ business plan is increasingly troubled, but three consecutive League titles and a Champions League win would suggest it has not been without its benefits. The idea that there was some golden era of club ownership – now expanded to include Manchester United plc – is something of a myth, too.

It is simplistically imagined that, without the Glazers, Manchester United would have those same titles, with the same income, a £91million operating profit and £80m from the sale of Cristiano Ronaldo, to be lavished on the finest players in Europe.
Here is an alternative scenario. On December 7, 2005, Manchester United lost 2-1 to Benfica to finish bottom of Champions League group D. It is the only time they have failed to make it to the knock-out stage since the 32-team format was introduced. The Glazers had been in charge for six months.
Had United been a plc there would have been an immediate impact on the share price followed by a statement at least, and possibly a profits warning. Who knows what the ramifications would have been from there? With no shareholders to placate, the Glazers simply kept their mouths shut, flew home and in 18 months Manchester United were champions again.
Now extrapolate the fall-out from a financial hit to the plc in 2005. Would it have left United open to offers on the odd player, perhaps an expendable unproven one like that Portuguese lad who many had marked down as a show pony? That would have plugged the Champions League shortfall straight away. Even had Ronaldo been around to ignite Manchester United’s resurgence, the idea of three League titles and £80m from last summer is a little far-fetched.
A plc board does not turn down very good money for a player who wants to leave and there was £60m sitting on the table from Real Madrid in 2008. So, no Ronaldo, no third straight title because take him away and Liverpool are League champions and considerably stronger for it. Maybe they keep Xabi Alonso, too.

Nobody knows what would have happened to Manchester United plc, but to afford it every positive that has taken place under the Glazers, and none of the negatives, is shallow.
Sir Alex Ferguson served both regimes and there must be a reason why he remains an advocate of private ownership. Predictably, those favouring strict financial regulation have seized on the crisis at Manchester United to advocate reform. Yet, if anything, this demonstrates the contrary worth of football’s free market as an agent of change. If clubs could only spend what they generated, Manchester United’s supremacy would be as good as cemented.
Indeed, there could be a renewed resolve to generate television deals individually, rather than collectively, to maximise this advantage. That would spell the end of competition in the English game. The financial gain would be so great that a chimpanzee could take United to the title every year.
If Manchester United, like Bayern Munich, Juventus, Real Madrid, Lyon, could never mess up, how could the game evolve? Ultimately, football regulates itself. Borussia Dortmund briefly dominated German football, were overstretched financially, and are now mediocre. For much the same reason, the biggest transfer that has taken place in England during this transfer window is the £3m paid by Birmingham City for Michel of Sporting Lisbon.
The young Serbian player, Adem Ljajic, on whom Manchester United had first refusal, went to Fiorentina instead for £7.1m. His club, Partizan Belgrade, claimed United did not have the money.
That is football’s balance of power shifting. That is change at work. Manchester United will not fold, but they may not be as strong for a while. People have to be allowed to make mistakes.
For, if they were not, Arsenal, the first Bank of England club, would now be celebrating
almost a century of dominance.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/art....html?ITO=1490

Unread 18-01-2010, 10:16 AM
TravellingRed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandman
Apparently what's happening to us with the Gimps is good for English football.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/art....html?ITO=1490
What a load of £#%&!ing tripe. NFT.

Unread 18-01-2010, 10:45 AM
yoda

someone harpoon this fat @#%&!

Unread 18-01-2010, 10:46 AM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoda

someone harpoon this fat @#%&!
leave Neil Webb alone.

Unread 18-01-2010, 11:21 AM
TravellingRed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
leave Neil Webb alone.
I thought it was Andy Fordham

Unread 18-01-2010, 11:29 AM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by TravellingRed81
I thought it was Andy Fordham
That would have been better

Unread 18-01-2010, 11:36 AM
Spiffy

I thought it was Giant Haystacks. BTW haystacks aren't hard. No wonder Big Daddy could beat him 'easy'.

Unread 18-01-2010, 12:45 PM
Child of Darkness

it seems the thinking part of this forum is in agreement

Not renewing is the only answer. Put simply;

Empty seats = empty coffers = regime change

how many of you will do it tho?

This is probably the most clued up section of UTD support on the web - if you lot wont do it - there is absolutely no hope for the rest of the fans.

Unread 18-01-2010, 12:53 PM
Smurf

But hasn't the "not renewing = Empty seats = empty coffers = regime change
" theory been debunked by the thousands of reds who did exactly that only to be replaced by thousands of @#%&!wits and travel agent seats??

Unread 18-01-2010, 01:01 PM
Child of Darkness

no smurf - I think they have reached the point where a combination of

price
daft times
atmos

has meant that there probably is no surplus demand . The fact remains if enough did it it would work.

from 365 sorry if posted before

obviously £#%&! LFC but his idea is a good one

When I heard about a Love United Hated Glazer banner being taken down and the bearers of it removed from Old Trafford on Saturday, it struck me as emblematic of the nature of the beasts that are now living inside Old Trafford and Liverpool.

What were once living, breathing, organic, local clubs have been transformed into corporate businesses and with that transformation comes all the hideous, almost fascistic elements of profit-driven corporate culture; the intolerance of dissenting views, the lack of transparency, the weasel words, the obfuscation, the warped, dangerous financial speculation and the non-accountability of the money men. It makes the heart go cold.

Man United fans shouldn't and I believe won't stand for that kind of censorship. For every banner removed, another 100 should be put up in a Mancunian 'I'm Spartacus' moment. If they instruct stewards to remove the banner holders, all should walk out en masse. In such moments unity is essential. Stand together and you will not be defeated. The same thing goes for Liverpool.