United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 14-05-2015, 06:46 AM
MUFC One Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by saffers
You £#%&!ing #@&%!.

Hope you're at the ground on sunday and welbeck slips with his studs onto your head.

also; rooney 20m, rvp 22m , falcao 0m

Not exactly a 200m strikeforce you bitter b***h.
Bit harsh.

Welbeck was gifted a goal after not being dangerous at all most of the game until he was passed the ball clean through off a defender. A typical Welbeck display hence why he has the same amount as league goals as Smalling. (That true init?)

Unread 14-05-2015, 12:49 PM
utd99

Juventus have done well to get back to this level, but it's built on sand. So many of their players are over thirty and having a bit of an Indian Summer-I think it was six or seven last night- or this close to leaving in the case of Pogba, Vidal etc. Morata will likely be heading back to Madrid soon too.

Unread 14-05-2015, 12:54 PM
Rhodzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFC One Love
Bit harsh.

Welbeck was gifted a goal after not being dangerous at all most of the game until he was passed the ball clean through off a defender. A typical Welbeck display hence why he has the same amount as league goals as Smalling. (That true init?)
Like how Morata didn't celebrate after scoring the decisive goal in the Champions League semi final whereas Welbeck went mental after scoring into an empty net.

Unread 14-05-2015, 12:55 PM
Neo

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
Juventus have done well to get back to this level, but it's built on sand. So many of their players are over thirty and having a bit of an Indian Summer-I think it was six or seven last night- or this close to leaving in the case of Pogba, Vidal etc. Morata will likely be heading back to Madrid soon too.
They will make a profit of £60m+ on Pogba.

I'm sure that will help them rebuild the side, especially as they won't be spending it on Michael Owen, Antonio Valencia and Gariel Obertan.

Unread 14-05-2015, 12:58 PM
That Boy Ronaldo!

Buffon and Pirlo are leaving in the summer aren't they?

Tevez has one year left on his deal so they'll have to be spending some decent £ in the summer.

Unread 14-05-2015, 01:00 PM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo
They will make a profit of £60m+ on Pogba.

I'm sure that will help them rebuild the side, especially as they won't be spending it on Michael Owen, Antonio Valencia and Gariel Obertan.
They may make a profit on a couple of players -most they definitely won't because this is their last stop- but they still won't be able to compete for the top players. Italian football is a mess, and once dad's army have spent their last drop you won't see them back here for a while.

Unread 14-05-2015, 06:36 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
They may make a profit on a couple of players -most they definitely won't because this is their last stop- but they still won't be able to compete for the top players. Italian football is a mess, and once dad's army have spent their last drop you won't see them back here for a while.
Maybe, but they are still Juventus. They're different from Inter, Milan and Roma. When they're not match-fixing they know how to be successful and maintain it. If they sign Dybala and/or Cavani this summer it will give them a lift. There's also the long-standing interest in Verratti (big Juve fan) which could be facilitated by future sales. I wouldn't be too quick to write them off. The way they've quickly rebuilt while the rest of Italy flounders is typical.

Morata, Evra and Tevez were masterstrokes. If they continue to exercise good judgement in the market, they'll be fine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Boy Ronaldo!
Buffon and Pirlo are leaving in the summer aren't they?

Tevez has one year left on his deal so they'll have to be spending some decent £ in the summer.
Buffon nope. Contract has another couple of years and he plans to play in the World Cup in Russia at 40. Based on his recent performances, he's still one of the best. So that trio of Buffon-Chiellini-Bonucci isn't going anywhere for a few years.

Pirlo is different. Last night it looked like his time may finally have come.

Unread 14-05-2015, 07:19 PM
angrydimaria

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
Morata, Evra and Tevez were masterstrokes. If they continue to exercise good judgement in the market, .
You can strike lucky once or twice. But to keep doing it consistently will be difficult. There are at least 10 clubs who will beat them regularly in transfer market.

I think it's a problem in general for Italian football and looking at some matches the match going supporters aren't that arsed too. So situation will worsen year by year

Unread 14-05-2015, 07:38 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by angrydimaria
You can strike lucky once or twice. But to keep doing it consistently will be difficult. There are at least 10 clubs who will beat them regularly in transfer market.

I think it's a problem in general for Italian football and looking at some matches the match going supporters aren't that arsed too. So situation will worsen year by year
Juventus, with decent money, and doing things like reaching Champions League finals, will attract high quality players.

I know people have started to talk about them like European minnows, but they're a machine. Five years ago they finished 7th but they've built superbly since then. And unlike Inter I think they will look to capitalise on this success. I can see both Dybala and Cavani going there in the summer. If Verratti replaces Pirlo you're talking about a very good side, even if they do lose Pogba or Vidal.

Unread 14-05-2015, 09:32 PM
Semantic Lisp

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
Juventus, with decent money, and doing things like reaching Champions League finals, will attract high quality players.

I know people have started to talk about them like European minnows, but they're a machine. Five years ago they finished 7th but they've built superbly since then. And unlike Inter I think they will look to capitalise on this success. I can see both Dybala and Cavani going there in the summer. If Verratti replaces Pirlo you're talking about a very good side, even if they do lose Pogba or Vidal.
Absolutely. One of the top 6 clubs in Europe on paper, nqat - United, Real, Barca, Bayern, Juve, Milan... Ajax & Liverpool making up the top 8

If they win the final it will do Italian football no harm as long as they can keep whatever they're up to behind the scenes quiet, as usual (recent aberrations aside ;-}) Since they won the world cup Italian football has produced 2 CL winners - Milan and Morinho's Treble winners - but they've failed miserably in the Europa, traditionally the true test of a league's strength in depth. Be funny if Benitez crashed out tonight, but even if he gets through then Sevilla lie in wait and will be favourites to take them apart, much like Barca in Berlin. Long way to go then, so losing the final and having their best team having its best players picked off by rival leagues is hardly going to help. Then again they could have got past Real without Pogba just about so...
Closed Thread