United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 03-01-2015, 04:23 AM
den

Tends to disappear in matches

Bit like when all those birds that have kids for him go looking for child support..

Unread 03-01-2015, 10:50 AM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
He's better than that shit £#%&!er tbf.
When Wright Phillips joined Chelsea he'd done a lot more than Sterling to this point, he looked like he was going to really kick on.

Sterling will end up at City I reckon but I'm not sure how good he'll end up being.

Unread 03-01-2015, 10:54 AM
Shooter McGavin

Going to City by the sounds of it.

He'd be good for us tbf, rather we signed Draxler though (and Liverpool would never sell to us)

Unread 03-01-2015, 11:14 AM
Mr_Ed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shooter McGavin
Going to City by the sounds of it.

He'd be good for us tbf, rather we signed Draxler though (and Liverpool would never sell to us)
He's not good enough for us.

Unread 03-01-2015, 11:24 AM
Shooter McGavin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Ed
He's not good enough for us.
Not sure I agree with you. We could do with his pace, played very well last year with 2 good forwards, which we're meant to have.

Unread 03-01-2015, 11:33 AM
Crumps

Quote:
Not sure I agree with you. We could do with his pace, played very well last year with 2 good forwards, which we're meant to have.
We are 'meant to have' 2 good forwards?

We have got 3 world class ones.

Get a feeling Sterling will be playing for Stoke by the time he hits his mid 20's.

Loads of pace, nqat. Nothing else that he really excels at, can't wait til his hamstring goes.

Unread 03-01-2015, 12:20 PM
Shooter McGavin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crumps
We are 'meant to have' 2 good forwards?

We have got 3 world class ones.

Get a feeling Sterling will be playing for Stoke by the time he hits his mid 20's.

Loads of pace, nqat. Nothing else that he really excels at, can't wait til his hamstring goes.
More a dig crumps at the Falcao and RVP complainers.

I hope you're right about him because he won't be doing as well with shit forwards like balotelli and lambert, last season he was excellent

Unread 03-01-2015, 01:51 PM
carlosartorial

Good player. Miles better than Janujaz.

Unread 03-01-2015, 01:55 PM
MJ Ramone

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlosartorial
The hype over Januzaj has been a disaster.
It never would have happened under Fergie.

The lad had 2 decent games for us last season ffs

Fancy giving him the number 11 shirt & then announcing it on social media with a photo of a moodily lit dressing room, the shirt hanging on the peg.
"Giggsy's rightful heir" nonsense:shakehead:

He really needs to pull himself together & wake up sharpish because he's looked £#%&!ing ordinary for a year or more.

Unread 03-01-2015, 03:45 PM
Crumps

Quote:
More a dig crumps at the Falcao and RVP complainers.

I hope you're right about him because he won't be doing as well with shit forwards like balotelli and lambert, last season he was excellent
Sorry pal.

Can never tell these days.

He will probably have a very respectable career until he drops a yard of pave tbf. Not a fan.

Unread 03-01-2015, 05:44 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ Ramone
The hype over Januzaj has been a disaster.
It never would have happened under Fergie.

The lad had 2 decent games for us last season ffs

Fancy giving him the number 11 shirt & then announcing it on social media with a photo of a moodily lit dressing room, the shirt hanging on the peg.
"Giggsy's rightful heir" nonsense:shakehead:

He really needs to pull himself together & wake up sharpish because he's looked £#%&!ing ordinary for a year or more.
What is worse is that only happened because woowar £#%&!ed up one of our big signings :shakehead:

Unread 03-01-2015, 05:50 PM
Jethro

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
What is worse is that only happened because woowar £#%&!ed up one of our big signings :shakehead:
Being?

Unread 03-01-2015, 06:07 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jethro
Being?
Dunno, but that is the rumour. We allegedly had a "big announcement" planned for that day and it was called off at the last minute

Unread 03-01-2015, 07:21 PM
taff

it's probably blinkered but i can never understand suggestions like this. one, liverpool would never sell to us in a million years. two, i don't want anyone from them. no matter how good they are.

Unread 03-01-2015, 07:30 PM
TripDownMiseryLane

A flash in the SWP pan, will be playing for QPR in 3 years. non merci

Unread 03-01-2015, 07:34 PM
Pop

Thumbs down

£#%&! off. Look at him ffs. Give it a month and there would be an outbreak of hiv infections at Utd

Unread 03-01-2015, 08:23 PM
Ethers

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlosartorial
This.

Surprised at a few normally sensible lads on here refusing to admit he's a player. They would be in the relegation places without him this season.

Depending on how he's handled, he could be very very good. Or just decent.

Unread 03-01-2015, 08:55 PM
Neo

Januzaj will turn out to be the better player IMO. That's not United bias on my part, it's a genuine feeling based on what I've seen.

I think a lot of people have overreacted to Januzaj's performances this season. Firstly, we've used a 3-5-2 system where there's no room for him, and secondly, I'm sure Van Gaal and the coaches are keen to protect him through the notorious second-season syndrome which he's clearly been afflicted by.

If you look at his natural ability, it's clear he's going to be class. He just needs to get his confidence back. I don't get this idea that he thinks he's 'made it' either. He's apparently got a sound family structure around him, and a very ambitious dad who is nurturing his career.

There's no big sponsorship deals, we never hear much about him in the tabloid press, and there's never been any stories about a primadonna attitude. He just seems like a young kid who trains well. Van Gaal will know exactly when to use him, and when he does, I'm sure we'll see a great player develop. The kid was awesome at times last season.

Unread 03-01-2015, 09:03 PM
MJ Ramone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo
There's no big sponsorship deals, we never hear much about him in the tabloid press, and there's never been any stories about a primadonna attitude. He just seems like a young kid who trains well. Van Gaal will know exactly when to use him, and when he does, I'm sure we'll see a great player develop. The kid was awesome at times last season.
just to make my point a bit clearer pal, I wasn't blaming Januzaj, I was just saying that the Club hyped him up & piled a ton of pressure on him last season imo.
No way that would have happened under Fergie.

He'll develop into a decent player I'm sure, but he could have done without the number 11 shirt so soon (of course this depends on whether you buy into the importance of a shirt number) ..

He needs to keep his head down & learn his trade properly - which I'm sure he will.
Could definitely do with working on his crossing mind you.

Unread 03-01-2015, 09:15 PM
Neo

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ Ramone
just to make my point a bit clearer pal, I wasn't blaming Januzaj, I was just saying that the Club hyped him up & piled a ton of pressure on him last season imo.
No way that would have happened under Fergie.

He'll develop into a decent player I'm sure, but he could have done without the number 11 shirt so soon (of course this depends on whether you buy into the importance of a shirt number) ..

He needs to keep his head down & learn his trade properly - which I'm sure he will.
Could definitely do with working on his crossing mind you.
Wasn't disagreeing with your points specifically MJ, and I actually agree that the hype around him during pre-season was cringeworthy and needless.

One thing this club teaches is that young players need to work hard to earn success, rather than be given it. We've had countless examples of that through distant and recent years, and I agree, the hype around Januzaj probably wouldn't have happened under Fergie, and certainly didn't help anyone.

Another thing that was ridiculous was when he got a contract extension - we saw instant Twitter and Facebook updates, with photos of Moyes and Woodward grinning next to him as if we'd just signed a Galactico for a record-shattering fee. I don't think I've ever seen a single photo of Scholes or Giggs signing a contract at United.

I suppose it's just a symptom of modern football though, and all to do with the marketing side of things. The club wants players to be brands, who they promote ceaselessly on social media. Januzaj getting the number 11 shirt was a dream story for the marketing @#%&!s at United, which is probably why we saw so much hype.

Hopefully he knuckles down in training (which I think he will), as there's a superb player in there. Definitely agree on the need to improve his crossing, but the bigger concern for me is the complete absence of his ability to take players on this season. I'm sure it's down to a reluctance not to lose possession, which Van Gaal must emphasise, but Januzaj was at his best last season when he was taking risks and committing defenders. I hope we see that return.
Closed Thread