United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 21-02-2023, 04:23 PM
Baron

Football Josko Gvardiol

He's going to move this summer, he wants to come to the PL, 21 years old & given our almost certain binning of Maguire, Jones & maybe Lindelof, surely we'd want to throw our cash at this lad.

Varane is class, but will be 30 soon & needs wrapping in cotton wool, much like Bellingham I'd suggest getting generational talents at this age makes a lot more sense. Annoyingly Chelsea are being touted, but if they miss the CL qualification I can't see them beating FFP to spend the big money needed for him.

He'll be on your screens for RB Leipzig against City so a good opportunity to see where he is in his development against Haaland & co. Would be a shame if he snapped the rubber gobbed freak in half...

Unread 21-02-2023, 04:24 PM
Sapien

I'm not ashamed to say I've never heard of him

Unread 21-02-2023, 04:25 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron
He's going to move this summer, he wants to come to the PL, 21 years old & given our almost certain binning of Maguire, Jones & maybe Lindelof, surely we'd want to throw our cash at this lad.

Varane is class, but will be 30 soon & needs wrapping in cotton wool, much like Bellingham I'd suggest getting generational talents at this age makes a lot more sense. Annoyingly Chelsea are being touted, but if they miss the CL qualification I can't see them beating FFP to spend the big money needed for him.

He'll be on your screens for RB Leipzig against City so a good opportunity to see where he is in his development against Haaland & co. Would be a shame if he snapped the rubber gobbed freak in half...
didn't he nearly go to leeds or something? I'm not saying he lacks ambition, but.... well, let's just say fixing that would have taken a bit.

Unread 21-02-2023, 04:26 PM
Chris Quayd

This the lad that got mugged off by some 35 year old in a World Cup semi?

Unread 21-02-2023, 04:30 PM
Harris

Top class. Buy.

Unread 21-02-2023, 04:32 PM
20LEgend1999

Too left footed for us IMO.

Unread 21-02-2023, 04:35 PM
Wayne Jenkins

Would be £100m+ based on the Chelsea negotiations. Reckon we might go for that Min-jae at Napoli.

jem

ah, yes.....

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/j...ague-7m9x5jhh9

Quote:
He made the move from Zagreb to Leipzig in January 2020, six months before Gvardiol, who had another tempting offer. “I had two options, between Leeds and Leipzig,” he says. Scouts from both clubs made a move for Gvardiol after fewer than five first-team games for Dinamo.

“[Marcelo] Bielsa was the coach and I don’t know if you know this but my goal in my career is to play in the Premier League,” he explains. “I didn’t speak with Bielsa but of course he sends a few people and they came to Zagreb. I met these guys and they show me it was something like a plan how they see me in their style of football. I mean, when they presented it everything looked good and you could maybe see yourself there in that moment......

Gvardiol could have followed in Lukaku’s footsteps by signing for Chelsea last summer. The Premier League’s big spenders made their move towards the end of a summer window in which Gvardiol had not planned to leave.

“Phwoar, I was confused,” he says. “I was really confused because one month before the window starts I was upstairs with the sporting director and he says, ‘Yeah Josko, we are not going to sell you, we need you, we believe in you,’ and I was like ok I am fine with this, I can stay here, I like it here, all I need is to work on myself, to play, to win something else. It was like this until the last two days.

“My agent called me and said that Chelsea is extremely interested and, of course, you definitely think about a serious offer from a huge club like Chelsea. Leipzig said they didn’t want to sell me. In the end I really struggled with that decision but we didn’t make an agreement. It is what it is. I am here and I am fine with this because my idea had been to stay here. One season was not enough. This is my second season, even one more season would be great but we will see.”
uh-oh:

Quote:
Growing up, Gvardiol pined to play in the Premier League after watching games with his Liverpool-supporting father, Tihomir, but he idolised Messi and Sergio Ramos, now team-mates at Paris Saint-Germain but for so long great rivals in Spain’s La Liga.

Baron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sapien
I'm not ashamed to say I've never heard of him
If you watched any of the World Cup he was the CB in a mask for Croatia who was the best player on the park most of the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Quayd
This the lad that got mugged off by some 35 year old in a World Cup semi?
That's him. Bin?

Unread 21-02-2023, 04:41 PM
armchair

Looks to have huge potential. All the ingredients are there for him to become top-class.

Unread 21-02-2023, 04:43 PM
dunk

Maguire, Jones and Tuanzebe out and this fella in. Perfect.

Unread 21-02-2023, 04:46 PM
Bunker Buster

Hope this helps isnt his defending style...

Quote:
. Phwoar, I was confused,” he says. “I was really confused

Unread 21-02-2023, 04:58 PM
Baron

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Maguire, Jones and Tuanzebe out and this fella in. Perfect.
Recall you were a big fan in the World Cup games, he's a class act - I don't want to go all PSG / City & hoover up the talent at £100m each, but the reality is we need top quality players & if he is going to cost less than Maguire did for example we're just righting a massive headed wrong.

Unread 21-02-2023, 08:33 PM
Neo

Football

One of the best young centre backs in Europe. Looked top-class at the World Cup.

Unread 21-02-2023, 08:39 PM
dunk

Quote:
Recall you were a big fan in the World Cup games, he's a class act - I don't want to go all PSG / City & hoover up the talent at £100m each, but the reality is we need top quality players & if he is going to cost less than Maguire did for example we're just righting a massive headed wrong.
Gvardiol, Bellingham & Osimhen

Unread 21-02-2023, 08:51 PM
Baron

Quote:
£300m+?

We need to try an recoup ~£100m ourselves, talk of Slab for £40m to Villa and McTommers priced at £25m to somewhere shit like Everton and you have half a chance. Tuanzabe £15m? Telles £10m? Martial is on far, far too much money to ever leave so would need to be considered the backup. Maybe flog Lindelof for £20m

Unread 21-02-2023, 08:57 PM
sweetleftfoot

Back of the sofa stuff. Glazernomics.

Unread 21-02-2023, 09:09 PM
dunk

Quote:
£300m+?

We need to try an recoup ~£100m ourselves, talk of Slab for £40m to Villa and McTommers priced at £25m to somewhere shit like Everton and you have half a chance. Tuanzabe £15m? Telles £10m? Martial is on far, far too much money to ever leave so would need to be considered the backup. Maybe flog Lindelof for £20m
It’s an impossible dream tbh. We’d still need a keeper, Sabitzer, back up striker etc. one of those 3 would represent an incredible summer, and for me, has to be Osimhen.

Unread 21-02-2023, 09:36 PM
HolyMackrelDoodleBonkon

Quote:
Keep going, I'm nearly there.

Unread 21-02-2023, 09:53 PM
Neo

Quote:
Originally Posted by HolyMackrelDoodleBonkon
Keep going, I'm nearly there.

Gvardiol, Bellingham, Osihmen, MBAPPE!