United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 17-02-2023, 10:38 PM
Pop

Quote:
Originally Posted by HolyMackrelDoodleBonkon
How much is this lad worth?
Personal fortune of £1.5bn, collectively he and his family/goons are worth over £300bn.

Unread 17-02-2023, 10:38 PM
Selhurst Samurai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
All those people who sat by and watched as the glazers £#%&!ed us for 17 years and scoffed at us for protesting can take their pearl clutching and do one. You didn't care enough to speak up in 2005 so don't bother speaking up now.
And this also.

I read some hand wringing little #@&%! saying how United fans should make a statement by making it clear we were too noble to accept Middle Eastern ownership. Funny, they weren’t worried when we were being pretty much stolen by a gang of £#%&!ing chancers. Nor were they so keen on us making a statement by repeatedly and vociferously protesting against said chancers. Instead we were either mocked for our situation, or pontificated to as though we were spoiled children having a tantrum.

I hope we £#%&!ing ruthlessly and brutally steamroller every single one of these @#%&!s’ insignificant teams. All the riches their leeching clubs presently enjoy as part of the Premier League is built almost entirely on the global popularity of one club. Manchester United.

Unread 17-02-2023, 10:39 PM
53RedRum

You've got your money... Now £#%&! off home...

Unread 17-02-2023, 10:42 PM
silv

Fenway Group courting offers for Liverpool

Unread 17-02-2023, 10:45 PM
Selhurst Samurai

Quote:
Originally Posted by silv
Fenway Group courting offers for Liverpool

Can’t blame people for giving it a hard pass.

You can either have:

Or:

Unread 17-02-2023, 10:46 PM
BarryX

Just watched the Fergie documentary on Amazon and it's really hit me just what a privilege it's been supporting United; some of the very greatest memories I've ever made have stemmed from following the club (and for others on here, that feeling must be no doubt greater). What a amazing day it will be for everyone that loves United to see the Glazers no longer connected to the club.

Whether the owners are from Qatar or Timbuktu, so long as we're debt free, the club's run properly and we're not being used as someone's permanent piggy bank/cash cow it doesn't matter.

What a season this could turn out to be.

Unread 17-02-2023, 10:50 PM
moransbleedinghead

I know Al Thani's statement will have been very carefully crafted to say what we want to hear. But blimey, even so it sounds great to hear a vision like that being laid out for our club after the last 17/18 years

Unread 17-02-2023, 10:51 PM
BarryX

‘The vision of the bid is for Manchester United Football Club to be renowned for footballing excellence, and regarded as the greatest football club in the world,’ he added.

Unread 17-02-2023, 10:53 PM
HolyMackrelDoodleBonkon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pop
Personal fortune of £1.5bn, collectively he and his family/goons are worth over £300bn.
Pauper

Unread 17-02-2023, 10:53 PM
dunk

It’s deffo too good to be true. Waiting for the other shoe to drop..

Unread 17-02-2023, 10:56 PM
MagnificentSeven

Quote:
Originally Posted by History
It's great they shine a light on LGBT rights from the Qatari's and getting spokespeople from Gay supporters clubs

It's only fair since they do the same about Abu Dhab....oh hold on

Again I'm completely on board by holding these sport washing nations to account. But not a word has been uttered in the last 20 years about ownership of clubs by nation states. Why is this the straw that breaks?
because they don't care about any of that, they just want to have a pop at united. sad abu @#%&!s.

Unread 17-02-2023, 11:00 PM
Lodestar

I favoured Ratcliffe but what can you do in the face of a financial arms race? Sooner us than Liverpool.

I walked from OT in 2005 because of the debt and the fact the Glazers cared nothing for the club. Absolute mercenaries. How they acquired control still amazes me.

Biggest worry is that we're dragged into the same mess as Ciddy with financial misdeeds. The mood music has been set with the press release but time will tell. Will they prove worse than the Glazers? Unlikely.

Unread 17-02-2023, 11:00 PM
marlo

im delighted at the news of Qatari owners and all the humans rights protesters are hypocrites.

the Qataris own everything from a % of Barclays to £#%&!ing Heathrow airport.
so that human right bullshit can £#%&! itself.

Unread 17-02-2023, 11:04 PM
Dasilvatwins

Proof is in the pudding obviously, but we can only go by what they say u til time passes and we see for ourselves what they actually do.

All for youth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lodestar
I favoured Ratcliffe but what can you do in the face of a financial arms race? Sooner us than Liverpool.

I walked from OT in 2005 because of the debt and the fact the Glazers cared nothing for the club. Absolute mercenaries. How they acquired control still amazes me.

Biggest worry is that we're dragged into the same mess as Ciddy with financial misdeeds. The mood music has been set with the press release but time will tell. Will they prove worse than the Glazers? Unlikely.

City have to cook the books because nobody wants to sponsor them. More importantly more teams will be heavily scrutinised so there’s less chance of them cooking the books at United.

Unread 17-02-2023, 11:05 PM
goldfinger II

I keep thinking of that image of yer man putting the cloak around Messi.

Unread 17-02-2023, 11:15 PM
Vedder

Tea towel on my head and tears in my eyes. Accept it you £#%&!ing yank rats

Unread 17-02-2023, 11:20 PM
Selhurst Samurai

A crock of hysterical %@#$&!s - https://www.theguardian.com/football...e-state-of-psg

Apparently a Qatari ownership would be a disaster for EVERYBODY because something something PSG or something.

Completely ignoring that United and PSG are very different propositions. United being one of the two most famous names in football, meanwhile PSG are a pissant club from a town which has always been a bit of a backwater as far as club football is concerned. The fans are nouveau riche lottery winners, demanding shiny new toys. Whereas we’ve been fighting for nearly two decades because the owners of the club were unworthy of that title. They will be held to far higher account by our fans than those Parisian gimps.

Unread 17-02-2023, 11:24 PM
avocado

Every human rights activist should welcome it. It’s a glorious opportunity for us, with the support of the whole football community, to educate the infidels and expose our soon to be owners to the righteousness of United’s historic values. We can be the modern version of the Crusades.

Unread 17-02-2023, 11:24 PM
dunk

The bartering begins..

Unread 17-02-2023, 11:25 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Sure. Sure they’re not.
Closed Thread