Closed Thread

Unread 04-10-2023, 09:16 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
Since the Saudi takeover, close to £1bn

Unread 04-10-2023, 09:17 PM
VanHaaksbergen

Almiron and Longstaff on the score sheet both pre date Saudis? Fair £#%&!s to Howe

Has Howe really spent more on incomings than Eric? Not sure about that one. Needs a deep dive

Unread 04-10-2023, 09:18 PM
Dacter

Quote:
Originally Posted by VanHaaksbergen
Almiron and Longstaff on the score sheet both pre date Saudis? Fair £#%&!s to Howe
And Dan Burn, who pre-dates fire and the wheel.

Unread 04-10-2023, 09:21 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by VanHaaksbergen

Has Howe really spent more on incomings than Eric? Not sure about that one. Needs a deep dive
Newcastle United most expensive signings - How Magpies spent over £1 billion on incoming transfers

Other than free-spending Chelsea, Newcastle United’s net spend is higher than any other Premier League club’s since they were taken over in October 2021.

After 14 years of discontent in the Magpies fanbase under the ownership of controversial Sports Direct retail magnate Mike Ashley, Newcastle became the richest club in the world in October 2021.

The consortium, headed by Saudi Arabia’s Public Investment Fund, RB Sports & Media and PCP Capital Partners, has drawn criticism in many quarters, with accusations that Newcastle are being used as a ‘sportswashing’ project, as with clubs like Chelsea, Manchester City and PSG before them.

Unread 04-10-2023, 09:24 PM
VanHaaksbergen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
Newcastle United most expensive signings - How Magpies spent over £1 billion on incoming transfers

Other than free-spending Chelsea, Newcastle United’s net spend is higher than any other Premier League club’s since they were taken over in October 2021.

After 14 years of discontent in the Magpies fanbase under the ownership of controversial Sports Direct retail magnate Mike Ashley, Newcastle became the richest club in the world in October 2021.

The consortium, headed by Saudi Arabia’s Public Investment Fund, RB Sports & Media and PCP Capital Partners, has drawn criticism in many quarters, with accusations that Newcastle are being used as a ‘sportswashing’ project, as with clubs like Chelsea, Manchester City and PSG before them.
Yeah I honestly have no idea. Clearly they’ve bought in a couple of tippy top players like Isak & Tonali - albeit under the radar types. Will need to take a look.

So many players have come into the league at unflavoured teams who’d be instant improvements. Those 2 above, then likes of Diaby, Estupinan, Mitoma. Eze .. painfu

Unread 04-10-2023, 09:45 PM
Dacter

aaaand of course City go ahead in Leipzig.

£#%&! off football, just £#%&! off now.

Unread 04-10-2023, 09:46 PM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dacter

I’d make peace with the fact now that they’ll be in the final again.

Unread 04-10-2023, 09:48 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dacter

As if they were going to do anything else apart from cruise throught that utter £#%&!ing bye of a group.

The only team missing were the blind school.

Unread 04-10-2023, 09:53 PM
Finport Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
As if they were going to do anything else apart from cruise throught that utter £#%&!ing bye of a group.

I hope they haven’t got a bye into the latter stages of the Europa league, just in case we fluke our way in.

Unread 04-10-2023, 10:05 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finport Red
I hope they haven’t got a bye into the latter stages of the Europa league, just in case we fluke our way in.
oh i'm sure we'll get our act together for 2 games thus ensuring we qualify for that load of old shit.

Unread 04-10-2023, 10:42 PM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickman
I’d make peace with the fact now that they’ll be in the final again.
They could quite conceivably win the Treble again. Who's going to stop them?

Unread 04-10-2023, 11:00 PM
red in cumbria

I want somebody to watch Newcastle tonight, and then maintain with a straight face that United getting new owners doesn't matter.

Unread 04-10-2023, 11:01 PM
NedKelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
I want somebody to watch Newcastle tonight, and then maintain with a straight face that United getting new owners doesn't matter.
Pop onto the Erik surveillance thread and fill your boots.

Unread 04-10-2023, 11:07 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
They could quite conceivably win the Treble again. Who's going to stop them?
They just lost to Wolves, and cup competitions are cup competitions at the end of the day.

What if Harry Kane does his thing against them, for example?

Unread 04-10-2023, 11:14 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***

I don’t think we could be in the same group as them tbf
Closed Thread