United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 02-01-2016, 05:30 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence
What was you doing New Year's Eve sparky driving drunks around London.
I wish mate.

Unread 02-01-2016, 05:30 PM
ryanMUFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
One of the worst defenders i've seen at United. Absolutely £#%&!ing hopeless and could easily have cost us the game.

Darmian and Blind are utterly hopeless at 1v1 defending. I hope the talk of John Stones is accurate because we desperately need someone else back there.
shut up. :stormzy:

Unread 02-01-2016, 05:31 PM
Cream

Quote:
Look at the prat, what is he wearing?

https://twitter.com/DarmianOfficial/...13769076781056
His waiters outfit because that's his role at family do's.

Unread 02-01-2016, 05:31 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanMUFC
shut up. :stormzy:
£#%&! off #@&%! :earsy:

Unread 02-01-2016, 05:40 PM
waynes ear's

Quote:
£#%&! off #@&%! :earsy:

Unread 03-01-2016, 04:55 AM
Gruber

A good footballer who simply isn't enjoying life under his current manager... it happens.

Unread 03-01-2016, 05:08 AM
Nicebutdim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gruber
A good footballer who simply isn't enjoying life under his current manager... it happens.
I've heard Louis teases him.

Unread 03-01-2016, 05:55 AM
Swagger

Quote:
I wish mate.
tramp

Unread 03-01-2016, 05:57 AM
Gruber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicebutdim
Well he should stop

Unread 03-01-2016, 08:55 AM
Knockers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicebutdim

Unread 03-01-2016, 12:27 PM
ScholesGingerSheen

Is it churlish to point out that criticising a full back for not producing in an attacking sense in this team is like criticising Goebbels for not doing much to foster Jewish Community relations.

There isn't a full back in world football that wouldn't struggle to know where to put the ball for our forwards, Yesterday's goal was probably the first time Rooney's been there for a ball across the face of goal all season. It's like our strikers are told not to make near or far post runs.

Unread 03-01-2016, 12:39 PM
Ethers

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScholesGingerSheen
Is it churlish to point out that criticising a full back for not producing in an attacking sense in this team is like criticising Goebbels for not doing much to foster Jewish Community relations.

There isn't a full back in world football that wouldn't struggle to know where to put the ball for our forwards, Yesterday's goal was probably the first time Rooney's been there for a ball across the face of goal all season. It's like our strikers are told not to make near or far post runs.
%@#$&!s tbf.

Unread 03-01-2016, 12:45 PM
Tiberian

The main positive from yesterday was(bar the win and 2 great goals) was that we had 2 players in Young and Martial taking on and committing defenders constantly, forces the rest of the defensive unit to react, re-position. For too long under LVG we have endured these long spells of slow sideways passing, no striker in the world can thrive with that style.

Tempo and penetration and suddenly the strikers find space in the box.

Unread 03-01-2016, 12:51 PM
ScholesGingerSheen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
balls tbf.
The only time you ever reply to one of my posts is to disagree with me, but that's a sound argument.

Juan Mata is our only player with more than 2 assists, we only have 4 players with more than one including Mata,

Luke Shaw only has one, Valencia has none, Blind has one, Borthwick-Jackson, McNair and Jones all have none, Young has two but I don't know if they were from the wing or full back.

Suggests our strikers are hard to find, no?

Unread 03-01-2016, 01:19 PM
Coracao

Quote:
The only time you ever reply to one of my posts is to disagree with me, but that's a sound argument.

Juan Mata is our only player with more than 2 assists, we only have 4 players with more than one including Mata,

Luke Shaw only has one, Valencia has none, Blind has one, Borthwick-Jackson, McNair and Jones all have none, Young has two but I don't know if they were from the wing or full back.

We don't get enough people into the box, it is a major gripe I have tbf. But not helped when you are playing 2 holding players against shit sides.

Unread 03-01-2016, 01:25 PM
Billy Redface

So we just don't give any players any time to acclimatise anymore? No room for error?

Make a mistake and you're immediately labelled shit, not good enough and 'one of the worst defenders we've ever had'

We'll get £#%&!ing nowhere if we write every signing off after six months and start again.

Unread 03-01-2016, 01:25 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coracao
We don't get enough people into the box, it is a major gripe I have tbf. But not helped when you are playing 2 holding players against shit sides.
Bingo. Yesterday rooney picks the ball up deep, looks up, not a single red shirt infront of him.

2 defensive midfielders, neither of whom are good at defending when under pressure, is a waste.

Unread 03-01-2016, 01:46 PM
waynes ear's

Quote:

Suggests our wide players cant get a ball past the first man

Unread 03-01-2016, 01:53 PM
Lok

Obviously it's too early to judge but he has been woeful since those first few bright games.

More often than not he looks like a deer in the headlights. In a better team we'd have time to ease him in and build him up but he's been chucked in at the deep end and is floundering a bit. Hopefully he picks up.

Blind is a bigger concern imo. He's not looking even nearly good enough to hold down a regular place and is looking nothing more than a squad player (an average one at that). As others have said - he's awful in 1 on 1's but on Saturday he wasn't even doing the basics correctly. His short passing was awful at times and you expect more from someone whose technical ability is supposed to be his key asset.

We really need more quality at the back. Stones is the obvious one but I'd like to see an experienced full back who can play on both sides. We may as well cut our losses with Jones and bring in Stones plus full back. Ideally the full back would come this window, Stones can wait until the summer.

Unread 03-01-2016, 01:54 PM
MJ Ramone

Quote:
Bingo. Yesterday rooney picks the ball up deep, looks up, not a single red shirt infront of him.
yep.

Herrera seems to have stopped making runs into the box which is odd (the close range miss against Chelsea aside)

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynes ear's
Suggests our wide players cant get a ball past the first man
our corners are shocking in respect of hitting the first defender Every £#%&!ing time ffs
Closed Thread