United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 05-12-2014, 12:38 AM
Marvel7

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
Hopefully woowar won't do his best to £#%&! things up this time - third time lucky, maybe?
Yeah cos he has had a nightmare the last two windows, I mean for £#%&! sake all he has managed to bring in is Mata, Di Maria, Blind, Shaw, Rojo, Falcao, and Herrera! Absolute shower of shit needs to sort himself out!

De Gea

Rafael
Shaw
Jones
Rojo

Herrera
Carrick
Blind

Mata
Di Maria
Rooney

Lindegaard

Smalling
McNair
Blackett

Valencia

J@&%!aj
Wilson
Nani

Team/Squad aint that bad now, add in a RB, CB and two midfielders and we are looking really good. Maybe a punt on a striker as back up to Rooney, bit of a risk only having Wilson as cover.

If he can get Evans, Young, Powell, Cleverly, Zaha, Fellaini, Anderson, Fletcher, Hernandez off the books then great.

Van Persie can stay if he is prepared to be Rooneys cover.

Unread 05-12-2014, 01:13 AM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvel7

Unread 05-12-2014, 01:42 AM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
You smirk, but the tables are slowly starting to turn on those two status's amongst the support.

Unread 05-12-2014, 06:59 AM
puressence

if varane comes ill screammmmm

Unread 05-12-2014, 07:13 AM
carlosartorial

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickman
You smirk, but the tables are slowly starting to turn on those two status's amongst the support.
Amongst the genuinely clueless, yes. Took them a while.

Unread 05-12-2014, 07:22 AM
The Stella Fella

RB more likely to be Clyne I reckon

Unread 05-12-2014, 07:26 AM
DakotaFredsBigShoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvel7
Yeah cos he has had a nightmare the last two windows, I mean for £#%&! sake all he has managed to bring in is Mata, Di Maria, Blind, Shaw, Rojo, Falcao, and Herrera! Absolute shower of shit needs to sort himself out!

De Gea

Rafael

Shaw

Jones

Rojo

Herrera

Carrick

Blind

Mata

Di Maria

Rooney

Lindegaard

Smalling

McNair

Blackett

Valencia

J@&%!aj

Wilson

Nani

Team/Squad aint that bad now, add in a RB, CB and two midfielders and we are looking really good. Maybe a punt on a striker as back up to Rooney, bit of a risk only having Wilson as cover.

If he can get Evans, Young, Powell, Cleverly, Zaha, Fellaini, Anderson, Fletcher, Hernandez off the books then great.

Evans young and fellani are fine as squad players.

Unread 05-12-2014, 08:08 AM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by DakotaFredsBigShoe
Evans young and fellani are fine as squad players.
Firing squad maybe

Unread 05-12-2014, 08:43 AM
The Watcher

Quote:
With several players heading for the exit door at the end of this campaign, Van Gaal has identified Roma midfielder Kevin Strootman, Atlético Madrid centre-half Diego Godín, Borussia Dortmund’s Mats Hummels and Southampton full-back Nathaniel Clyne as potential replacements for those players whose United careers are set to come to an end.

Van Gaal and Woodward share a desire for United to possess ‘elite’ players in every position and moves for Strootman or Godín could yet materialise next month.
Manchester United manager Louis van Gaal given £100m-plus for top targets in the summer

Good selection of defenders there tbf, but I can’t be the only one that thinks the club can do better than Strootman in midfield. If they’re throwing big money around again in the summer, they have to take a run at Pogba imo.

Unread 05-12-2014, 08:49 AM
Lazlo Panaflex

looks like woody is up to his old tricks again.

Why?

Just shut your £#%&!ing face you clown.

Unread 05-12-2014, 08:50 AM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Boy Ronaldo!
Every paper going with;

Hummels, Strootman, Godin, Dani Alves (£#%&! that!) & Robben.
And every paper is wrong most years

I expect Robben depends a lot on Reus. Bayern would probably let him go if they thought they could get Reus or Draxler, but we should really be competing with them for those players. Hopefully by the end of the season Adnan has recaptured some form, too.

Alves must be %@#$&!s.

Unread 05-12-2014, 08:53 AM
Baron

Spend every last penny of it tapping up Messi, he's getting a raw deal in the Spanish courts over the tax situation. We should be in his ear telling he's persecuted & that would never happen here etc... make him loved, he can play with Di Maria & Rojo, Argies... Argies everywhere!

Unread 05-12-2014, 08:53 AM
The Return of JC

Just picking names out of their arse. .

decent players in positions we need. Some players that lvg knows. Top journalism. well done.

I think the only thing we can say for sure is these utter gits have absolutely no idea who we are signing in TWO transfer window's time.

Unread 05-12-2014, 08:54 AM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Watcher
Manchester United manager Louis van Gaal given £100m-plus for top targets in the summer

Good selection of defenders there tbf, but I can’t be the only one that thinks the club can do better than Strootman in midfield. If they’re throwing big money around again in the summer, they have to take a run at Pogba imo.
Strootman is possibly still just a guess. LvG praised him greatly within the context of a Dutch national team where his alternative was Jonathan de Guzman. Not sure it means he'd break the bank to bring him here. Good technical player, but he's as slow as Blind.

Clyne surely a lot more likely than Alves, too. I think he can play either side, so would be a solid addition.

Unread 05-12-2014, 08:55 AM
The Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazlo Panaflex
looks like woody is up to his old tricks again.

Why?

Just shut your £#%&!ing face you clown.
Obviously a bit giddy after four wins in a row. Heard a rumour he's even posted in the 'ON' thread fwiw.

Be worth signing Alves just for the goal celebrations btw.

Unread 05-12-2014, 08:58 AM
The Return of JC

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
Strootman is possibly still just a guess. LvG praised him greatly within the context of a Dutch national team where his alternative was Jonathan de Guzman. Not sure it means he'd break the bank to bring him here. Good technical player, but he's as slow as Blind.

Clyne surely a lot more likely than Alves, too. I think he can play either side, so would be a solid addition.
what a shame Rafael can't stay fit. such a good player to watch and so infectious. we're so much better with him in the side, but those injuries are going to cost him his United career.

I like strootman, but I'd like someone with a little more pace and energy. take Di Maria out the midfield and we're very slow.

I think we need another cm with pace and another 'forward' with the adaptability and pace of Welbeck without the shitness.

Unread 05-12-2014, 08:58 AM
The Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
Would be a great signing imo. I’ve always been a fan of Rafael but he’s just not reliable enough injury wise. Doesn’t matter how good he is if he’s never available. Too many sicknotes in the side atm, they need £#%&!ing off.

Unread 05-12-2014, 09:12 AM
The Return of JC

Quote:
Would be a great signing imo. I’ve always been a fan of Rafael but he’s just not reliable enough injury wise. Doesn’t matter how good he is if he’s never available. Too many sicknotes in the side atm, they need £#%&!ing off.
probably end up staying injury free when he leaves us.

Rafael's injuries are more concerning because we rarely see them. If you break your leg, what are you gonna do eh? but Rafael seems to be going along nicely, then just disappears out the side. you expect him straight back and then he's missing for about a month.

same with Jones, but at least his injuries are explainable by him being a giant spacker.

Unread 05-12-2014, 09:17 AM
ZiggyStardust

Unread 05-12-2014, 09:35 AM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Agreed, love Rafa but unless he can put 20 games together between now and May we need to address it.

I think Evans may have to go now. I reckon Jones is due one last chance when he returns to stay fit, which could influence who we go for in central defence. If he can't stay fit, I reckon it could be a young defender to replace him. If he can, maybe an experienced head to do a job for two or three years. But Evans I think can go.

Quote:
Van Gaal is also planning to add a new striker to his squad next summer and the Dutchman will pursue other options if he chooses against sanctioning the permanent signing of Falcao for a pre-agreed €55 million (£43.2 million) from Monaco.
Not many obvious names out there. Be interesting to see who he'd go for.
Closed Thread