United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 12-09-2017, 01:02 PM
Lok

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Real Madrid forward Gareth Bale, 28, says there was an "argument" for moving to Manchester United and becoming the team's biggest star but he stayed at the Bernabeu as "the main thing, when you look back on your career, is that you look at your trophies"

Biggest star

Unread 12-09-2017, 01:39 PM
Paul Smith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surfers do Charlie
What a shitty indictment of the modern footballer.

Prefers to sit on the bench so that he can count the medals and money he didn't really earn.

Biggest star ffs....
That sounds like a sales pitch put to him by United tbh, Why would he move from Madrid to Manchester?

Unread 12-09-2017, 02:43 PM
Surfers do Charlie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Smith
That sounds like a sales pitch put to him by United tbh, Why would he move from Madrid to Manchester?
It's the difference between being a key part of a fairly successful team or a very minor part of a very successful team.

David May can polish his Champions League winners medal all he wants but he did £#%&! all to earn it.

Unread 12-09-2017, 03:31 PM
Paul Smith

Quote:
It's the difference between being a key part of a fairly successful team or a very minor part of a very successful team.

David May can polish his Champions League winners medal all he wants but he did £#%&! all to earn it.
I can amost see your point but it's a bizarre analogy, what other team of similar stature (to those In this analaogy) would May have played for?

At the end of the day he's playing alongside one of the all time greats (when fit) and living in Madrid, no wonder he doesn't want to leave.

Unread 12-09-2017, 03:44 PM
Surfers do Charlie

Quote:
I can amost see your point but it's a bizarre analogy, what other team of similar stature (to those In this analaogy) would May have played for?

At the end of the day he's playing alongside one of the all time greats (when fit) and living in Madrid, no wonder he doesn't want to leave.
I see what you mean, but I think it would be sad for a player of his undoubted ability to look back on his career and think that he fulfilled his potential because he has a load of medals when he didn't really contribute a whole load to the team that won them. I'm talking about Bale here.

Can you really get that much satisfaction from winning a medal when you sat on the bench ?

I think that when a player has so much ability it's a shame for him to sit on the bench.

May was a bad example because where else would he have taken home a CL medal.

Unread 12-09-2017, 04:05 PM
lindelof

Quote:

Exactly. Picking up £300k per week after tax, won 3 Champions Leagues, 1 La Liga, 1 Club World Cup, Copa Del Rey, living in a hot climate, his family are settled - why on earth would you leave?

People may suggest a new challenge but he's won all there is to win in the game (you'd have to question how important winning a PL title is to people when you have won the Champions League so many times) and maybe, just maybe, he is happy where he is.

Quote:

Can you really get that much satisfaction from winning a medal when you sat on the bench ?

I think that when a player has so much ability it's a shame for him to sit on the bench.

May was a bad example because where else would he have taken home a CL medal.

Utter garbage. When Madrid won the Champions League in 2014, he played 12 games scoring 6 goals. 2016, he played 8 game and the same as last season. Hardly sitting on the bench is he?

Unread 12-09-2017, 04:52 PM
Cream

Quote:
Originally Posted by lindelof
Exactly. Picking up £300k per week after tax, won 3 Champions Leagues, 1 La Liga, 1 Club World Cup, Copa Del Rey, living in a hot climate, his family are settled - why on earth would you leave?

People may suggest a new challenge but he's won all there is to win in the game (you'd have to question how important winning a PL title is to people when you have won the Champions League so many times) and maybe, just maybe, he is happy where he is.

Utter garbage. When Madrid won the Champions League in 2014, he played 12 games scoring 6 goals. 2016, he played 8 game and the same as last season. Hardly sitting on the bench is he?
He might be this season...

Unread 12-09-2017, 05:13 PM
browser

Quote:
He scored the winner in a final for them. You're talking as if he's a third choice goalkeeper ffs

Unread 12-09-2017, 06:43 PM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Biggest star
What is it with modern players just wanting to join a ready made successful team that would still win regardless of whether they joined or not. How about making a difference to a team and winning things as a result.

Quote:
Originally Posted by browser
He scored the winner in a final for them. You're talking as if he's a third choice goalkeeper ffs
That was then. He's nothing more than an unwanted member of the squad now.

Unread 12-09-2017, 08:40 PM
Surfers do Charlie

Quote:

To be honest I never watch Spanish football so I'm pretty well picking an opinion at random here.

Unread 12-09-2017, 08:49 PM
sa7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jethro
He's a complete @#%&!
And as sure as eggs is eggs, we'll be linked with him in the next 4 transfer windows.

Unread 12-09-2017, 08:51 PM
Harri Jaffa

Think it was just a quote to try and keep the Madrid fans happy (er) iiph

Unread 13-09-2017, 02:10 AM
shenwen

Quote:
Yeah, but Manchester

Unread 13-09-2017, 06:56 AM
Billy Redface

He's not exactly making the occasional appearance either. Despite not starting every week, he's an important part of them.

Unread 13-09-2017, 08:32 AM
92ToBury

He's no Wesley Sneijder

Unread 13-09-2017, 08:34 AM
Clarkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92ToBury
He's no Wesley Sneijder
He's the new Wesley Sneijder.
Every single window, constantly linked to him.

Unread 13-09-2017, 08:42 AM
waynes ear's

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92ToBury
He's no Wesley Sneijder
i'm already delicate. I don't need reminding about this saga

Unread 13-09-2017, 10:06 AM
Cream

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Redface
He's not exactly making the occasional appearance either. Despite not starting every week, he's an important part of them.
That's great. You'd think a player of his stature, age and price tag would expect more of himself.

Would a late 20's Ronaldo hang around under similar circumstances? No chance.

Unread 16-09-2017, 06:55 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarkie
He's the new Wesley Sneijder.
Every single window, constantly linked to him.
Window, you say?

Unread 18-10-2017, 02:37 PM
Clarkie

Closed Thread