United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Match Thread Archive

Unread 10-03-2024, 01:08 PM
no fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyman_Roth
You've got to be £#%&!ing kidding?

I’m struggling to think of a worst season. Which games have you enjoyed this season? I can count on one finger the good games we’ve had.

It’s been a tsunami of shit from start to finish.

£#%&! that.
Forest and Villa at home had my foot tapping

Unread 10-03-2024, 01:10 PM
Chris Quayd

No idea how many times he picked the same team last year, maybe we'd have fewer injuries if he'd rested players more?

By all means enjoy this current season, it doesn't mean that it hasn't been shit. If you want to weight the ups and downs equally that is your perogative but imv he has burnt through every ounce of credit from last season. The results, performances and style of play are garbage, I don't want him sacked on the basis that I don't want the personal upheaval of a new manager who is likely one of the £#%&!ers we are currently linked with. However he has done absolutely nothing this season to earn another year much less another contract.

Unread 10-03-2024, 01:11 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:

I’m struggling to think of a worst season. Which games have you enjoyed this season? I can count on one finger the good games we’ve had.

£#%&! that.
Villa away
Wolves away
Villa home
Chelsea home
Everton away
Forest home.

Unread 10-03-2024, 01:11 PM
suedeshoes

Quote:

I’m struggling to think of a worst season. Which games have you enjoyed this season?

Newport away was good.

I see green shoots.

I can remember much worse than I'm seeing this season.

I'm miles away from seeing tsunamis and disasters.

Unread 10-03-2024, 01:13 PM
Coracao

Quote:
Originally Posted by suedeshoes
Newport away was good.

I see green shoots.
Jesus Christ

Unread 10-03-2024, 01:14 PM
suedeshoes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Quayd
By all means enjoy this current season
I will. And the next one. Just like the previous ones. Ups and downs is the nature of the game.

Unread 10-03-2024, 01:15 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
Dunno what people are expecting, we’re not suddenly going to turn into 1970 Brazil with ten games left in the league. It’s clearly been a disappointing season for a variety of reasons, but all that matters now is having a crack at that 4th spot, and turning the scousers over in the cup.

It’s all about giving ourselves a platform to build for next season now, when the team will look very very different. Performances are almost irrelevant now, purely about results.
Yeah, pretty much right.

But we're not getting 4th.

I don't doubt that Villa will slip up several times given their remaining fixtures, but i just have no faith in United to win the majority of our 10 games.

Unread 10-03-2024, 01:21 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
No idea how many times he picked the same team last year, maybe we'd have fewer injuries if he'd rested players more?

By all means enjoy this current season, it doesn't mean that it hasn't been shit. If you want to weight the ups and downs equally that is your perogative but imv he has burnt through every ounce of credit from last season. The results, performances and style of play are garbage, I don't want him sacked on the basis that I don't want the personal upheaval of a new manager who is likely one of the £#%&!ers we are currently linked with. However he has done absolutely nothing this season to earn another year much less another contract.
I'm not enjoying it pal, but it's where you proportion blame and what can be done, it's also about expectations and plans never surviving first contact with the enemy....

We made a really good decision to employ him at the right time, I am in for the long run.....

Unread 10-03-2024, 01:25 PM
Gypsum Fantastic

Only saw the second half. We were pretty poor but it’s 3 points and a clean sheet so can’t argue with that.

Not having that Everton didn’t look like scoring? If anyone was confident they wouldn’t it was because of their own ineptitude not because they lacked chances. Calvert Lewin had about 3 headers inside the 6yard box and another he only didn’t stick in because he’d stopped looking as the ball pinged across goal unchallenged. And he only came on in the 60th minute.

Unread 10-03-2024, 01:35 PM
magic_cantona

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gypsum Fantastic
Only saw the second half. We were pretty poor but it’s 3 points and a clean sheet so can’t argue with that.

Not having that Everton didn’t look like scoring? If anyone was confident they wouldn’t it was because of their own ineptitude not because they lacked chances. Calvert Lewin had about 3 headers inside the 6yard box and another he only didn’t stick in because he’d stopped looking as the ball pinged across goal unchallenged. And he only came on in the 60th minute.
All true.

Happy that we won, clean sheet and 3 points.

Not happy that we were awful and if Everton had a goalscorer, we'd have been in real trouble.

Unread 10-03-2024, 01:44 PM
Whip Hubley

Quote:

£#%&! that.

So are you eth in or out pal?

Unread 10-03-2024, 02:16 PM
Hyman_Roth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whip Hubley
So are you eth in or out pal?
Like you pal. Don’t really know. Ambivalent. Not really arsed.

If a manager that really excited me came up then I’d have no hesitation with ten hag being booted.

But as it is, I can’t get excited. Am hugely disappointed with Erik though.

Unread 10-03-2024, 02:18 PM
larry

Quote:
Am hugely disappointed with Erik though.
not as disappointed as we are with you

Unread 10-03-2024, 02:49 PM
shenwen

Quote:
Originally Posted by suedeshoes
Newport away was good.

I see green shoots.

I can remember much worse than I'm seeing this season.

I'm miles away from seeing tsunamis and disasters.

That we could do alright in League 2?

What have we become? The reason yesterday was a mid season nothing game is because we've put ourselves in that position. And we even managed to labour a nothing game.

Still got champions league place and FA cup to play for though

Unread 10-03-2024, 02:49 PM
croady26

Quote:

Can recall people saying last season when he overplayed players this could come back to bite us

Unread 10-03-2024, 02:54 PM
Hyman_Roth

Quote:
Originally Posted by larry
not as disappointed as we are with you
There’s so many on here that if they said that, I wouldn’t be remotely bothered but for it to come from someone like you, with all the respect you command, is very tough pal. Very tough indeed.

Unread 10-03-2024, 02:58 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenwen

That we could do alright in League 2?

What have we become? The reason yesterday was a mid season nothing game is because we've put ourselves in that position. And we even managed to labour a nothing game.

Still got champions league place and FA cup to play for though
Yesterday's game was a Labour....

We'd put the game to bed within 30 mins

#BreakTheNarrative.

Unread 10-03-2024, 03:04 PM
magic_cantona

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
Yesterday's game was a Labour....

We'd put the game to bed within 30 mins

#BreakTheNarrative.
£#%&!ing hell, Bunks. I'm all for being positive and that but it was £#%&!ing woeful. Boring. Scrappy. Tedious.

Out of all of the teams in the league, we're one of the worst to watch. Terrible on the eye ffs.

Unread 10-03-2024, 03:11 PM
TreeFiddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by croady26
Can recall people saying last season when he overplayed players this could come back to bite us
I’m concerned about Mainoo and Garnacho being thrown in and having to play every game. By contrast, look at how Foden has been eased into the City side over several seasons. Of course, we are shit and therefore don’t have that luxury. But long-term I do worry about the over-reliance on these young players. Rashford a good example.

Unread 10-03-2024, 03:11 PM
Bunker Buster

We're now one of the worst teams in the league to watch ....

Incredible ....