United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Match Thread Archive

Unread 10-03-2024, 02:28 AM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Msgr A Brook
Me too. Straight off a nightshift, felt pissed after four pints. Old Trafford looked brilliant, don't know what everyone moans about. I also found out, no matter how bad my life gets, at least I'm not Jordan Pickford.
whisper it - I didn’t really.

Unread 10-03-2024, 05:18 AM
croady26

Yes I know many of the shots weren't threatening,however Rooney is spot on that we can't keep giving away so many chances every game. We will definitely get punished next Sunday if it happens.

Unread 10-03-2024, 05:55 AM
Coracao

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo
since we are talking about the old days…

against weaker opposition at home didn’t saf used to rest quite a few of our first 11.
did we look a disjointed mess , having a team play through us as Will and let them have 20+ shots on goal?

Talking of injuries didn’t spurs come to OT with SEVEN on their starting 11 out and have 64 percent possession…and dictate most of the game?

our issue is not a injuries issue, as regardless of who plays we just look shit and we should looked this shit in March especially as we are playing 1 game a week.
Difficult to argue.

Unread 10-03-2024, 06:55 AM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo
did we look a disjointed mess , having a team play through us as Will and let them have 20+ shots on goal?
frequently.

Unread 10-03-2024, 09:10 AM
shenwen

Giving away too many chances and not making the most of whatever few chances we make ourselves.

Awful stuff at the moment tbh.

Unread 10-03-2024, 09:30 AM
Furry Russian hats

Lots of what do they do in training all week vibes around me, it was Sunday league standard at times.

For me, his position is absolutely untenable and l think the only reason there isn’t major unrest in the stadium is because everyone thinks he is getting potted at the end of the season if not before.

Unread 10-03-2024, 09:32 AM
Ethers

Dunno what people are expecting, we’re not suddenly going to turn into 1970 Brazil with ten games left in the league. It’s clearly been a disappointing season for a variety of reasons, but all that matters now is having a crack at that 4th spot, and turning the scousers over in the cup.

It’s all about giving ourselves a platform to build for next season now, when the team will look very very different. Performances are almost irrelevant now, purely about results.

Unread 10-03-2024, 09:36 AM
Bunker Buster

Cannot stand picking up there points in a nothing mid season game against Everton within half hour....

Sunday league standard ...

If they can find a statistic to criticise United, they’ll find one. Forget the score it’s all about shots on goal now & possession in opponents box......

Everton didn't look like scoring all day, but now it's "United faced 20 shots,this can't continue"

,24th different back 4 this season....

Unread 10-03-2024, 10:05 AM
Furry Russian hats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
Cannot stand picking up there points in a nothing mid season game against Everton within half hour....

Sunday league standard ...

If they can find a statistic to criticise United, they’ll find one. Forget the score it’s all about shots on goal now & possession in opponents box......

Everton didn't look like scoring all day, but now it's "United faced 20 shots,this can't continue"

,24th different back 4 this season....

And why is it a nothing mid season game? Of course Everton looked like scoring, they just lacked the composure.

No one sat around me is a statto, you don’t need to be when every team that comes to Old Trafford cuts through us like a hot knife through butter.

The Sunday league jibe was also directed at Everton, l have a feeling that our opponents next week won’t be so charitable.

Unread 10-03-2024, 10:10 AM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Furry Russian hats
And why is it a nothing mid season game? Of course Everton looked like scoring, they just lacked the composure.

No one sat around me is a statto, you don’t need to be when every team that comes to Old Trafford cuts through us like a hot knife through butter.

The Sunday league jibe was also directed at Everton, l have a feeling that our opponents next week won’t be so charitable.
At what point did Everton look like a scoring ?

We are playing in the premier league, the fergie days of swatting teams aside has gone.... These are decent footballing sides looking to pick up points to survive...

We finished the game off within 30 minutes and picked up the 3 points.....

Unread 10-03-2024, 10:22 AM
Whip Hubley

Thought bunks was quasi-dutch, not Italian?

Anyway. Said elsewhere that I'm resigned to watching poor performances for the rest of the season and just hoping we grind out enough points to get CL.

The football is shite, no one can deny that. We're still an ugly, disjointed disorganised mess effectively relying on 3 (currently 2) very young talented players to get us through games. Although I did think Bruno was much better yesterday tbf.

The big question is should the club give ETH a third season. Everyone was expecting us to kick on after a great first season but we've gone massively backwards. Injuries have very obviously played a part but then you have to ask why the £#%&! are we getting so many injuries? Is it because we've got a medical team that trained under Dr Nick? Is it because ETH is pushing them too hard in training? Or is it just bad luck?

One thing is certain, the squad is still absolutely full of players that aren't close to being good enough. This still includes a fair few of his signings (Antony, Malacia, Mount, jury out on onana but he's looking better). And a fair few that aren't.

Honestly I have absolutely no idea about if I want him to stay. I'm leaning towards yes because we can't keep £#%&!ing changing managers every 2 seasons and expecting results, and I also don't know who I'd want to replace him.

There is no question though if he does get next season and we're still crap by Christmas, he'll be gone.

TLDR; give him another season*

*I might change this view if we get battered by the scousers and/or don't finish top 6

Unread 10-03-2024, 10:29 AM
Coracao

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whip Hubley
Thought bunks was quasi-dutch, not Italian?

Anyway. Said elsewhere that I'm resigned to watching poor performances for the rest of the season and just hoping we grind out enough points to get CL.

The football is shite, no one can deny that. We're still an ugly, disjointed disorganised mess effectively relying on 3 (currently 2) very young talented players to get us through games. Although I did think Bruno was much better yesterday tbf.

The big question is should the club give ETH a third season. Everyone was expecting us to kick on after a great first season but we've gone massively backwards. Injuries have very obviously played a part but then you have to ask why the £#%&! are we getting so many injuries? Is it because we've got a medical team that trained under Dr Nick? Is it because ETH is pushing them too hard in training? Or is it just bad luck?

One thing is certain, the squad is still absolutely full of players that aren't close to being good enough. This still includes a fair few of his signings (Antony, Malacia, Mount, jury out on onana but he's looking better). And a fair few that aren't.

Honestly I have absolutely no idea about if I want him to stay. I'm leaning towards yes because we can't keep £#%&!ing changing managers every 2 seasons and expecting results, and I also don't know who I'd want to replace him.

There is no question though if he does get next season and we're still crap by Christmas, he'll be gone.

TLDR; give him another season*

*I might change this view if we get battered by the scousers and/or don't finish top 6
Probably worth considering that next season he is in the final year of his contract. Seems it would be somewhat mental to give him another one at this point. And if you don't, it's almost in lame duck territory at the start of the Ratcliffe era. Just cannot see him being here, and he is lucky he still has the job.

Unread 10-03-2024, 11:10 AM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Furry Russian hats
Lots of what do they do in training all week vibes around me, it was Sunday league standard at times.

For me, his position is absolutely untenable and l think the only reason there isn’t major unrest in the stadium is because everyone thinks he is getting potted at the end of the season if not before.
:0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
Dunno what people are expecting, we’re not suddenly going to turn into 1970 Brazil with ten games left in the league. It’s clearly been a disappointing season for a variety of reasons, but all that matters now is having a crack at that 4th spot, and turning the scousers over in the cup.
I'm certainly not expecting that.

I'd like him to pick a team that will give 100% and be solid. he won't even drop rashford.

Unread 10-03-2024, 12:42 PM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coracao
Probably worth considering that next season he is in the final year of his contract. Seems it would be somewhat mental to give him another one at this point. And if you don't, it's almost in lame duck territory at the start of the Ratcliffe era. Just cannot see him being here, and he is lucky he still has the job.

I think maybe a contact extension of a year or two makes sense. You can still bin managers regardless of their contract situation and ineos seem smart enough to work that kind of thing out without it being detrimental long term.

Unread 10-03-2024, 12:47 PM
Chris Quayd

Quote:
I think maybe a contact extension of a year or two makes sense. You can still bin managers regardless of their contract situation and ineos seem smart enough to work that kind of thing out without it being detrimental long term.
It’s universally agreed that this season has been a disaster so let’s give him a two year contract extension?

Unread 10-03-2024, 12:53 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Quayd
It’s universally agreed that this season has been a disaster so let’s give him a two year contract extension?
Because last year's wasn't and this one on the whole isn't down to him ... Yes ?

Or are we given one of the most in demand European managers one season ?

Unread 10-03-2024, 12:54 PM
Chris Quayd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
Because last year's wasn't and this one on the whole isn't down to him ... Yes ?

Or are we given one of the most in demand European managers one season ?
Was last year’s on the whole down to him?

Unread 10-03-2024, 12:57 PM
suedeshoes

Quote:
It’s universally agreed that this season has been a disaster
It's not universal.

There have been ups and downs.

I'm enjoying it. Big games and big moments still to come.

I'd like to be top of the league and have scored 100 goals but I'm not writing things off because we're not.

It's hardly a disaster.

Unread 10-03-2024, 01:01 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Was last year’s on the whole down to him?
Him, his team and players ....

(Some have missed the entire or huge parts of this season)

How many games on the bounce did he pick the same team last year ? We have only played the same back four 3 times this season...

Unread 10-03-2024, 01:07 PM
Hyman_Roth

Quote:
Originally Posted by suedeshoes

I'm enjoying it.

I.
You've got to be £#%&!ing kidding?

I’m struggling to think of a worst season. Which games have you enjoyed this season? I can count on one finger the good games we’ve had.

It’s been a tsunami of shit from start to finish.

Quote:
£#%&! that.