United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 14-04-2023, 01:25 PM
Sparky***

There’s a fair chance we can beat Sevilla if it were down to just who has the best players. But European knockout football is as much about knowhow as it is about talent and this United side are painfully naive.

Brighton are arguably the best side in the premier league at the moment outside city and arsenal and we’ll be playing the tea lady in defence with Maguire being suspended and our laundry list of injuries.

We’ll be out of both competitions

Unread 14-04-2023, 01:51 PM
Hyman_Roth

Feels very doomy atm. I still think we will get top 4 but nothing else.

Would have taken that at the start of the season nqat.

Think 10’ers has just become very exposed to the fragility of our squad and how shite it generally is. We’ve also been insanely unlucky with injuries and ridiculous suspensions. Unreal levels of atrocious luck.

I don’t think he’s managed the squad badly but some decisions have been questionable. Some very strong sides against weak opposition earlier in the campaign was maybe short sighted with the benefit of hindsight. The wc is a factor but I’m not sure we can be the only team to have suffered because of that.

Feels like we’ve just been in one or two more competitions than we should have been for the strength and depth of the squad. When you add in our ridiculous bad luck, it was bound to break at some point.

I still think getting the carabou was hugely important and we should be reasonably happy if we can get top 4.

Would adore beating city in the fa cup final but I wouldn’t want to play them at the moment. They’d destroy us.

Unread 14-04-2023, 01:53 PM
Ethers

Best side in the premier league ffs.

They’ve just lost to Spurs, and have drawn with Bournemouth and Leeds in their last 5 games.

Unread 14-04-2023, 01:53 PM
woody78

We'll still get top 4

Think we'll get knocked out by sevilla.

Probably get beat by City in the Fa cup

Unread 14-04-2023, 01:59 PM
Dr Stranger

Top four and a trophy would be an unbelievably season given where we were last season.

Unread 14-04-2023, 02:01 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
Best side in the premier league ffs.

They’ve just lost to Spurs, and have drawn with Bournemouth and Leeds in their last 5 games.
I missed out the word “footballing”. Meaning outside of the top two they probably play the best football. Sorry.

Unread 14-04-2023, 02:03 PM
woody78

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
Top four and a trophy would be an unbelievably season given where we were last season.
Most definitely. I would take that right now.
Would be nice to add an another trophy though. Yesterday was a kick in the balls considering the tie should be over

Unread 14-04-2023, 02:06 PM
shenwen

Top 4 and two trophies even better. I’m getting greedy, and why not?

Unread 14-04-2023, 02:09 PM
Baron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
Feels like for £200m outlay we'd be massively underachieving if we got anything less.

The paradox of course is we were coming from a position of total shite, but also having a lot of good players.

Unless we're sold ETH will get about £60m to spend this summer, if they're lucky they can unload a bunch of shit like Maguire & McTommers to pad the kitty. But we need to spend smarter, there are so many good players that should be scouted but we're £#%&!ing miles behind in being able to identify them & doubly so in being able to know if they have the mental capacity to turn up for us.

If you look at the state of Sevilla domestically they're beyond shit. & yet we conspire to trip over ourselves like some of clown show. It's not good enough, I have faith in ETH but he dropped a considerable %@#$&! last night with his changes & inability to get them to finish the game in the 15-20min after half time.

Unread 14-04-2023, 02:13 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron
Feels like for £200m outlay we'd be massively underachieving if we got anything less.

The paradox of course is we were coming from a position of total shite, but also having a lot of good players.

Unless we're sold ETH will get about £60m to spend this summer, if they're lucky they can unload a bunch of shit like Maguire & McTommers to pad the kitty. But we need to spend smarter, there are so many good players that should be scouted but we're £#%&!ing miles behind in being able to identify them & doubly so in being able to know if they have the mental capacity to turn up for us.

If you look at the state of Sevilla domestically they're beyond shit. & yet we conspire to trip over ourselves like some of clown show. It's not good enough, I have faith in ETH but he dropped a considerable %@#$&! last night with his changes & inability to get them to finish the game in the 15-20min after half time.
You bring on a forward line in a European quarter final that consists of an on loan Burnley striker and 2 championship standard academy lads and that’s what you get.

Unread 14-04-2023, 02:15 PM
Ethers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
I missed out the word “footballing”. Meaning outside of the top two they probably play the best football. Sorry.
Ah okay. Fair enough then.

Unread 14-04-2023, 05:25 PM
Bunker Buster

Jesus Christ ...

Unread 14-04-2023, 05:27 PM
dunk

Tbf, if he couldn’t get a game when Cas, Eriksen and McT were missing, he’s struggling.

Unread 14-04-2023, 05:49 PM
20LEgend1999

Jones, Menghi, Maguire, Varane, Lisandro and Shaw out for the semi. Victor and Big Tom starting as center back at Wembley.

Unread 14-04-2023, 08:27 PM
RedNick80

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20LEgend1999
Jones, Menghi, Maguire, Varane, Lisandro and Shaw out for the semi. Victor and Big Tom starting as center back at Wembley.
Jones

Unread 14-04-2023, 08:32 PM
ErikvanHaaksbergen

Would give Carrick a call to come back at centre back before giving large Tom a game

Unread 14-04-2023, 11:49 PM
Vedder

We’ll be fine. Our run in is decent compared to Spurs and Newcastle. We’ll finish third

Unread 14-04-2023, 11:54 PM
suedeshoes

If Wout can play, Tom can play.

Unread 15-04-2023, 07:21 AM
magic_cantona

Our luck this season has been absolutely appalling. Just as we're about to welcome back Casemiro and Eriksen for the run in, we lose our 2 best defenders, our top forward and now its like we're trying to find players in the car park who fancy a game. It's unreal.

It's never a shit player who we don't want anywhere near the team getting injured, always someone key to us. If only we were owned by someone to who money didn't matter and we had 6 players for every position.....

Unread 15-04-2023, 07:29 AM
MUFC One Love

Just get top 4 and see what happens in the cups.
Closed Thread