United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 04-08-2017, 09:39 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo
Batistuta would have been incredible in the 90s. What a player. Imagine how many he'd have bagged for United back then if that overrated @#%&! Shearer was hitting 30+ goals a season?!

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/f...m-1315419.html

£13m.

Ronaldinho in 2003 would have been a sensational signing, too, and would have had a Cantona-esque impact at the club. Imagine that magnificent bastard playing with Keane, Scholes, Ruud, Rio, and a teenage Ronnie and Rooney.

£#%&!ed over by two clueless chairmen on both deals - Edwards first, then that vile @#%&! Kenyon.
We were linked with him and Ariel Ortega every summer for about 3 years.

Unread 04-08-2017, 09:42 PM
Harri Jaffa

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92ToBury
Cristiano Ronaldo 08 -17
Corrected

Unread 04-08-2017, 09:45 PM
Neo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
We were linked with him and Ariel Ortega every summer for about 3 years.
Marcelo Salas!

Unread 04-08-2017, 09:48 PM
Harri Jaffa

Right now I'd sign Maldini or Rio in their pomp

Unread 04-08-2017, 09:59 PM
RedMenace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whip Hubley
I fear you've misunderstood the premise of the thread.

And again.
Ah I see that now. Sorry I was pissed then (and now actually but anyway). Still going to go with 1996-2000 or so Davids. I used to love his style.

Unread 04-08-2017, 10:04 PM
dunk

Would love to drop a prime Xavi into our midfield tbh..

Unread 04-08-2017, 10:06 PM
AnthonyMartial

Convicted we would have won again in 2000 with Batistuta.

Unread 04-08-2017, 10:15 PM
AnthonyMartial

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Any decent keeper saves that. Fat Aussie shitc***.

We'd have won it again in 2000 if we'd have signed Van der Sar..
Missed chances were more important than goalkeeping mistakes against Madrid in 2000.

Signing Van Der Sar in 2000 would have saved a lot of hassle viz a viz Barthez, Carroll, Howard but I think I'm not sure juventus only sold him two years later after signing Buffon.

Unread 04-08-2017, 10:16 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo
Marcelo Salas!
£#%&!ing ceefax suckered me in so many times with that one.

Unread 04-08-2017, 10:19 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthonyMartial
Missed chances were more important than goalkeeping mistakes against Madrid in 2000.

Signing Van Der Sar in 2000 would have saved a lot of hassle viz a viz Barthez, Carroll, Howard but I think I'm not sure juventus only sold him two years later after signing Buffon.
Yeah, he joined Juve the summer of '99 from Ajax IIRC.

Perhaps the rest of the team may have been more assured had they had a 'keeper they trusted behind them?

Unread 04-08-2017, 10:27 PM
AnthonyMartial

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Yeah, he joined Juve the summer of '99 from Ajax IIRC.

Perhaps the rest of the team may have been more assured had they had a 'keeper they trusted behind them?
Should have for him in 99 knowing smcheichel was leaving.

Maybe we did, might have chosen Juve anyway but that periods from Smcheichal to Van de Sar

I remember thinking Howard was brilliant but that might have been based on the charity shield against Arsenal 2003.

Trying to think of a great performance of Howard but I'm struggling.

Unread 04-08-2017, 10:35 PM
Billy Redface

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo
Batistuta would have been incredible in the 90s. What a player. Imagine how many he'd have bagged for United back then if that overrated c*** Shearer was hitting 30+ goals a season?!

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/f...m-1315419.html

£13m.

Ronaldinho in 2003 would have been a sensational signing, too, and would have had a Cantona-esque impact at the club. Imagine that magnificent bastard playing with Keane, Scholes, Ruud, Rio, and a teenage Ronnie and Rooney.

£#%&!ed over by two clueless chairmen on both deals - Edwards first, then that vile c*** Kenyon.
Not sure if we'd have signed Ronaldo if we got Ronaldinho, would we?

We wouldn't have got Cantona if we got Shearer in 93. Maybe not Solskjaer if we got Shearer in 96..

On the near misses, I can't help but think of who we got in instead. With that in mind, can I vote for someone other than Obertan, Owen or Valencia when Ronaldo left?

Unread 04-08-2017, 11:24 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthonyMartial
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WKyCVUJTTug
Convicted we would have won again in 2000 with Batistuta.
Watching Batigol nod in agreement and clap as the ref showed beckham a red in 98 was the day I knew he'd NEVER join us....

Broke my heart

He was unbelievable in a probably one of the best leagues?! Serie A had so many genuine world class/very good players at the time and not just at the big clubs, but sides like Udinese, Parma, Bologna, Samp...

£#%&!.... football is proper shit these days.

Unread 05-08-2017, 02:40 AM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
Watching Batigol nod in agreement and clap as the ref showed beckham a red in 98 was the day I knew he'd NEVER join us....

Broke my heart

He was unbelievable in a probably one of the best leagues?! Serie A had so many genuine world class/very good players at the time and not just at the big clubs, but sides like Udinese, Parma, Bologna, Samp...

£#%&!.... football is proper shit these days.
Says it all that Roma signed him at about 31 for 24m and he won them the league.

Klinsmann is another that just smacked of United to me, the abus would have hated him here
Closed Thread