United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 05-08-2017, 12:18 AM
armchair

A thing I found out about refs that annoyed me is they don't judge every incident in isolation. The deliberately introduce bias into their decisions. jt can do what he wants because he's english and not that type of player whereas some lightweight foreign winger like sanchez will be treated like shit. What you've done in the past informs their decisions which means two different players can do the exact same foul/dive but if you(the ref) don't think he's a dirty player you'll let him off.

And you can imagine the bitter @#%&!s on the panel. They would've loved to cut ronaldo down to size if they had had their chance. Absolute joke of a concept.

Unread 05-08-2017, 02:50 AM
Stickman

Sinclair. Wow wee

Unread 05-08-2017, 03:13 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickman
Sinclair. Wow wee
Anyone who has ever read his comments on social media or seen him on telly knows what an absolute super-biased try hard bert he is.

how the £#%&! he's managed to get on that panel is a joke, it's like letting one of the full time devils lot on there or arsenal fan tv plebs.

Unread 05-08-2017, 05:07 PM
Tumescent Throb

the worst thing about this is that it's obviously a complete £#%&!ing lie.

no way are at least 3 of these bastards going to watch every minute of every single PL match so that they can punish every single player who ever feigns injury.

so assuming that someone will be watching every minute of every game, who is it that will actually be judging? some editor in a TV production studio? some obscure local radio reporter who makes a point of reviewing a particular incident and ignoring everything else in the burnley v huddersfield midweek clash?

Unread 05-08-2017, 11:33 PM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Anyone who has ever read his comments on social media or seen him on telly knows what an absolute super-biased try hard bert he is.

how the £#%&! he's managed to get on that panel is a joke, it's like letting one of the full time devils lot on there or arsenal fan tv plebs.
Yep. He's a full blown City fan.

Unread 06-08-2017, 12:51 AM
Denis Irwell

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
A thing I found out about refs that annoyed me is they don't judge every incident in isolation. The deliberately introduce bias into their decisions. jt can do what he wants because he's english and not that type of player whereas some lightweight foreign winger like sanchez will be treated like shit. What you've done in the past informs their decisions which means two different players can do the exact same foul/dive but if you(the ref) don't think he's a dirty player you'll let him off.

And you can imagine the bitter @#%&!s on the panel. They would've loved to cut ronaldo down to size if they had had their chance. Absolute joke of a concept.
Don't think actually being English is the issue. Maybe it helps, depending who they play for.

It didn't help Rooney (camera shout) Gary Nev (badge taunting the rats) or Rio's drugs test etc

Think some of you foreigners get being English mixed up with being London (or Gerard/Shearer)

Unread 06-08-2017, 01:29 AM
armchair

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denis Irwell
Don't think actually being English is the issue. Maybe it helps, depending who they play for.

It didn't help Rooney (camera shout) Gary Nev (badge taunting the rats) or Rio's drugs test etc

Think some of you foreigners get being English mixed up with being London (or Gerard/Shearer)
yeah the issue is entirely subjective decisions.

There will be people on this committee (or whatever it is) will see a terrible tackle and will give the guy a bye because "he's not that type of player."

It boils my blood that officials take into account who the person is over what they do. It shouldn't make a difference. A foul is a foul.

Unread 06-08-2017, 02:55 AM
Denis Irwell

Quote:
yeah the issue is entirely subjective decisions.

There will be people on this committee (or whatever it is) will see a terrible tackle and will give the guy a bye because "he's not that type of player."

It boils my blood that officials take into account who the person is over what they do. It shouldn't make a difference. A foul is a foul.

Led by the nose/media

As I've said on here before, I think Andre Marriner spilled the beans when he justified a decision by saying to reporters "I didn't want to be the star of the show on motd" on being queried about not giving a beneficial decision to United

Unread 06-08-2017, 08:44 AM
Billy Redface

Quote:

And you can imagine the bitter c***s on the panel. They would've loved to cut ronaldo down to size if they had had their chance. Absolute joke of a concept.

Yes. I don't believe they're corrupt, but some are weak. And it can lead to the same of thing. A lot of them aren't strong enough to not let their prejudices affect a decision and I think this also extends to 'evening up' and the apparent consequences of their decisions: it's easier to not give pens than to give them. It's easier to not send a player off. To rule a goal offside than to let an offside goal stand etc.

Unread 06-08-2017, 03:58 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Redface
Yes. I don't believe they're corrupt, but some are weak. And it can lead to the same of thing. A lot of them aren't strong enough to not let their prejudices affect a decision and I think this also extends to 'evening up' and the apparent consequences of their decisions: it's easier to not give pens than to give them. It's easier to not send a player off. To rule a goal offside than to let an offside goal stand etc.
The FA Cup game between us and city in 2011-12 was a blatant example of this.

Unread 07-08-2017, 09:14 AM
n48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Rabid Berts Dixon and Sinclair as well as Scouser Danny Murphy.

Oh yeah, brilliant.
All balanced out by Nigel Adkins from Birkenhead

Unread 07-08-2017, 10:00 AM
Whip Hubley

Thumbs up

Another nail in the football coffin.

The game became farcial a while ago, it's on the way of turning into panto. Trevor Sinclair on a £#%&!ing panel which actually has authority on retrospective disciplinary decisions

We may as well apply to have Paddy Crerand on there to even things up ffs.

Unread 07-08-2017, 12:44 PM
Denis Irwell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whip Hubley
Another nail in the football coffin.

The game became farcial a while ago, it's on the way of turning into panto. Trevor Sinclair on a £#%&!ing panel which actually has authority on retrospective disciplinary decisions

We may as well apply to have Paddy Crerand on there to even things up ffs.
We'd need three Paddy Crerands to even that lot up
Closed Thread