United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 21-04-2017, 05:52 PM
LFOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
not sure why you're getting your knickers in a twist tbh.

zlatan is a brilliant player, but he also limits the options we have. i don't know if you've ever actually seen united play but too often players are almost falling over themselves to try and keep the shape and the spaces around him ... without him in on the pitch that immediately changes and people can run more freely with, and more importantly, without the ball.
Our absolute shit midf is not helping. Our options are limited by a slow motion sideways passing midf. Now Pogba can be Stevie Me and hit the ball over the top. Welcome to Villa and West Ham and maybe we need to do that.

Unread 21-04-2017, 06:02 PM
Cream

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck
Agree. Think Zlatan gets a hard time in spite of his record because for most people this is the first they've seen him week in week out for full games. Not his best highlights and social media clips.

So obviously he was going to fall short to some expectations. But take into account he is 35 he's done an awesome job

Imagine prime Zlatan at Utd
The new Berbatov.

Couple of humorous snippets just in from the missus:
Dr Luke Shaw said that Zlat was fine and walking around after the match.

Martial's next goal for Utd will cost £8m.

Be worth it now.

Unread 21-04-2017, 06:37 PM
puressence

If he's playing like this next season lukaku will be who he wants .. expect rialo to be slating Jose anytime claiming he's been flogged to death. If it's his acl then it's over. Such a shitty way to end a glorious 9 months. Some of the £#%&!ing whoppers on here finding fault. Staggering tbh truly staggering

Unread 21-04-2017, 06:39 PM
AK14

Reading rumours it could be 6-8 weeks.

Unread 21-04-2017, 06:47 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
reading is a proper hotbed for united itk stuff tbf

could be more like 6 to 8 months btw un less he's been really lucky.

silver lining can be that he sticks around for next season

Unread 21-04-2017, 07:04 PM
Jethro

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence
If he's playing like this next season lukaku will be who he wants .. expect rialo to be slating Jose anytime claiming he's been flogged to death. If it's his acl then it's over. Such a shitty way to end a glorious 9 months. Some of the £#%&!ing whoppers on here finding fault. Staggering tbh truly staggering
Ajax get in.

God forbid some lads on here take issue with his laxadasical finishing. Yes, he's the top scorer, yes he's dug us out of the shit, but if it didn't take him three chances to put a chance away we may be in a much better position in the league.

It's been a delight to have him at the club. Get off your £#%&!ing high horse for once.

Unread 21-04-2017, 07:35 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
reading is a proper hotbed for united itk stuff tbf

could be more like 6 to 8 months btw un less he's been really lucky.

silver lining can be that he sticks around for next season
Hopefully it won't be as serious as first thought. Although looked a nasty one.

Did my ACL in 08 and I can say it was a complete b***h. Not so much the initial pain of when I did it for me (although twice while waiting for the Op my knee gave way and that was excruciating) but the post op balls

Was still working on the tools back then too so £#%&!ed work up for a while

I know..... cool story etc

Unread 21-04-2017, 08:03 PM
puressence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jethro
Ajax get in.

God forbid some lads on here take issue with his laxadasical finishing. Yes, he's the top scorer, yes he's dug us out of the shit, but if it didn't take him three chances to put a chance away we may be in a much better position in the league.

It's been a delight to have him at the club. Get off your £#%&!ing high horse for once.

Shame you never saw him live

Unread 21-04-2017, 08:11 PM
Jethro

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence
Shame you never saw him live
What a #@&%!

Yeah, not seeing him this season really took the shine of seeing him play for Milan and Barca

Unread 21-04-2017, 08:18 PM
LFOD

Quote:
Ajax get in.

This is about Ibra not the rest of our forwards. Without him scoring and setting up others we are down the table out of Europe and don't have any trophies

Unread 21-04-2017, 08:19 PM
ScholesGingerSheen

Quote:
Originally Posted by LFOD
Our absolute shit midf is not helping. Our options are limited by a slow motion sideways passing midf. Now Pogba can be Stevie Me and hit the ball over the top. Welcome to Villa and West Ham and maybe we need to do that.
Our midfield is stymied by having a statue up front, give Herrera, Pogba and Mkhitaryan strikers that will run onto balls and the whole complexion changes, Herrera could never have played the ball he played against Chelsea with Ibra up front because he isn't outpacing anyone. We've developed to play hoofball diagonals and crosses and that's why we're struggling to break teams down, because the one thing shit English teams can all do is defend against a high ball with a pair of clogging centre halves.

Unread 21-04-2017, 08:19 PM
plopborsky

Quote:
ligaments out till jan 2018

Unread 21-04-2017, 08:32 PM
puressence

Quote:
What a #@&%!

Yeah, not seeing him this season really took the shine of seeing him play for Milan and Barca
Nowt like being there.

Unread 21-04-2017, 08:43 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by plopborsky
ligaments out till jan 2018

http://www.espnfc.us/manchester-unit...injury-sources

Would they have scanned the knee as early as this? Thought they'd have to wait for the swelling to go down first?

Unread 21-04-2017, 08:47 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiggyStardust
The big question is how long into next season he is out for and will Jose still sign him for another year

Given his age and how long it took other players to recover from a bad knee injury you would think no way but Jose has this strange loyalty towards him
I think he deserves another season if he wants it. And it would certainly be a shame for his spell at United to end like this.

Unread 21-04-2017, 09:01 PM
MJ Ramone

Quote:
Originally Posted by LFOD
This is about Ibra not the rest of our forwards. Without him scoring and setting up others we are down the table out of Europe and don't have any trophies
well again, this just isn't the case.
Without him scoring somebody else would have done it as Rashford did against Chelsea.
We're not in second place breathing down Chelsea's neck. We're in roughly the same position we have been since Fergie left.
He hasn't been that good.

I'm not even having a go at Zlatan ffs. I quite like the guy... but his goals tally is slightly misleading imo
Other than the Cup Final winner I'm struggling to think of too many 'goons' off the back of his goals

Unread 21-04-2017, 09:01 PM
saffers

Quote:

http://www.espnfc.us/manchester-unit...injury-sources

Would they have scanned the knee as early as this? Thought they'd have to wait for the swelling to go down first?
Would still sign him up for another year.

Imagine the boost of him coming back for the business end of last season as an option when we need to rest Griezzou and rashers.

Unread 21-04-2017, 09:04 PM
LFOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScholesGingerSheen
Our midfield is stymied by having a statue up front, give Herrera, Pogba and Mkhitaryan strikers that will run onto balls and the whole complexion changes, Herrera could never have played the ball he played against Chelsea with Ibra up front because he isn't outpacing anyone. We've developed to play hoofball diagonals and crosses and that's why we're struggling to break teams down, because the one thing shit English teams can all do is defend against a high ball with a pair of clogging centre halves.
so instead we will play them over the top.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ Ramone
well again, this just isn't the case.
Without him scoring somebody else would have done it as Rashford did against Chelsea.
We're not in second place breathing down Chelsea's neck. We're in roughly the same position we have been since Fergie left.
He hasn't been that good.

I'm not even having a go at Zlatan ffs. I quite like the guy... but his goals tally is slightly misleading imo
Other than the Cup Final winner I'm struggling to think of too many 'goons' off the back of his goals
no someone like Rashford v chelsea didn't happen for months - remember Rashford just hit stride now. Prior no one was knocking them in.

Unread 21-04-2017, 09:21 PM
forwardirektion

Cheers for the season Zlat but bye.

No point keeping him on the wage bill for 3 months at the end of next season.
Should have signed when he had the chance tbf

Unread 21-04-2017, 09:40 PM
LFOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by forwardirektion
Cheers for the season Zlat but bye.

No point keeping him on the wage bill for 3 months at the end of next season.
Should have signed when he had the chance tbf
yep he's done at United , but Jose' likes big forwards so he'll sort out a replacement.
Closed Thread