United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 04-12-2016, 07:48 PM
Ethers

I think he's been ok so far, but when he has a bad game he's an infuriating little quilt

Unread 04-12-2016, 07:48 PM
AK14

Gueye had him in his pocket all game

Everything he tried was shit and then when we were on the back foot he went walkies

Needs to grow up and pull his finger out.

Unread 04-12-2016, 07:51 PM
itisme_panaflex

Quote:
Originally Posted by saffers
Shocking that bobjones would dislike a black muslim
Ffs this guy

Unread 04-12-2016, 07:54 PM
Dasilvatwins

He didnt have a bad game. Just below average .. not like he was pissing away 20 chances every half. Away from home always difficult. Jose and fellani £#%&!ed up today nobody else.

Unread 04-12-2016, 07:56 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasilvatwins
He didnt have a bad game. Just below average .. not like he was pissing away 20 chances every half. Away from home always difficult. Jose and fellani £#%&!ed up today nobody else.
Would be nice if he could control a ball or play a simple 5 yard pass to a team mate or not take 20 touches more than he needs too or track a runner from midfield

If he could manage that I'd be chuffed, cheers.

Unread 04-12-2016, 07:56 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasilvatwins
I wasn't blaming him for the match result....

But his sloppyness opened us up numerous times today..
20 chances

He had his usual @#%&! it from outside the box and nothing more...

Unread 04-12-2016, 08:05 PM
woody78

Infuriating player.
Takes too many touches far too often.

Obviously has talent but he needs to use his brain a bit more

Unread 04-12-2016, 08:05 PM
Billy Redface

Worst game yet for us today imo.

Very little went right for him.

He's a liability going backwards most of the time and he was incredibly wasteful and frequently slowed things down and took the wrong option today.

I think he will come good, but he plays with the air of someone who doesn't think he needs to improve. Just strolled around today never seeming to notice/care about the type of game he was involved in.

I think he's improve....but.....get a £#%&!ing move on, lad.

Unread 04-12-2016, 08:26 PM
Tumescent Throb

his technique receiving the ball, turning out of a challenge, holding a man off, moving away from his man, is as good as i've seen at united. but everything else seems to take a bit too long with him and there's a few too many hollywood balls already. those loopy flicks over defenders are really pissing me off as well.

doesn't seem to have developed any real understanding with any other player yet which is pretty odd.

Unread 04-12-2016, 08:36 PM
Buck

central midfielders shouldn't over-complicate things

get him further up the pitch where there is less risk and more gain.

Unread 04-12-2016, 08:37 PM
Tiberian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
his technique receiving the ball, turning out of a challenge, holding a man off, moving away from his man, is as good as i've seen at united. but everything else seems to take a bit too long with him and there's a few too many hollywood balls already. those loopy flicks over defenders are really pissing me off as well.

doesn't seem to have developed any real understanding with any other player yet which is pretty odd.
Screams of a player who has been indulged so far in his career, allowed to play his own way with little responsibility. Juve could allow that because they had a dominant team with high quality midfielders around him to do the actual midfield work. Holding on the ball far too long inviting a challenge as if to show off how strong he is

I have to compare him to Mikitaryan, in so little time you can see already how he shapes his game to the players around him, the type they will love playing with.

Unread 04-12-2016, 08:41 PM
Switching Off

Cool

Quote:
Everything can be distorted.
A few days ago I was asked how I feel about the city of Manchester and not about clubs.
One of the reasons why I chose to go to Manchester is because it's where I spent my childhood and it feels like going back to my home.
Juventus is the most important club of my professional career so far. On the other hand, I am wiling to prove more and working for that here.
I am very grateful and happy for the love trust and opportunity Juventus gave me. They played a crucial big role in making me the player I am today.
In Juventus I developed and learned and I will always be thankful and grateful for that.
I do not like or accept that my words are wrongly interpreted so let me be clear:
Juventus has a special place in my heart, the tifosi, the club and the city. They made me feel home, always supported me and are fantastic.
At the same time, Manchester is my childhood home and the club always had a special place in my heart. I will do my best to be successful here, make my club and fans proud of me and make my dreams come true.
I am a positive person.
Negative things are interpretations of negative people who clearly do not know who I am or what I am made of.

Unread 04-12-2016, 08:42 PM
LFOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by saffers
Hes been very good overall for us but clearly not used to how rough some of the away games can get. He's been away from the country for 4 years and will need some time to adapt to that, especially considering our entire team is a work in progress.
nope. 100m you should at least look like your head is not tucked up your own arse.

Unread 04-12-2016, 08:48 PM
LFOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by atticusgrinch
He's imposed himself in most of the games he's played. Name me a better u23 midfielder.

You just don't like him because he pushed Rooney out of the team.
must mean there are zero good u23 midfs. because he's not worth getting a game lately.

Unread 04-12-2016, 09:50 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberian
Screams of a player who has been indulged so far in his career, allowed to play his own way with little responsibility. Juve could allow that because they had a dominant team with high quality midfielders around him to do the actual midfield work. Holding on the ball far too long inviting a challenge as if to show off how strong he is

I have to compare him to Mikitaryan, in so little time you can see already how he shapes his game to the players around him, the type they will love playing with.
would love to see how it might work for the pair of them if we went without a target man.

we've had the same problem for years coming up against well-set defences in the PL refusing to budge against us, yet we never give them no-one to mark - even tactical genius van gaal reckoned fixing the centre backs almost by sacrificing his own main striker was the way to go at united but we've gotta try something different

Unread 04-12-2016, 10:10 PM
Jack Duckworth

Football

slows us down rather than drives us on based on what i've seen so far.

hopefully he will impose himself more on games.

Unread 04-12-2016, 10:15 PM
Tiberian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
would love to see how it might work for the pair of them if we went without a target man.

we've had the same problem for years coming up against well-set defences in the PL refusing to budge against us, yet we never give them no-one to mark - even tactical genius van gaal reckoned fixing the centre backs almost by sacrificing his own main striker was the way to go at united but we've gotta try something different
He has the options to experiment in that manner, but look over his career and he has generally favoured a physical targetman. Drogba at Chelsea, Milito at Inter, Benzema at Real, even signed Adebayor on loan. Costa second time at Chelsea and Zlat so far at Utd.

I thought we might see more experimentation in the cups, did not expect to see Zlatan in the league cup at all.

Unread 04-12-2016, 10:27 PM
ZiggyStardust

One of the problems with Pogba is that if he makes a mistake he tries to make up for it and by overdoing it he makes another mistake
Turns into a viscous circle like today's performance

He should use his Feyenoord home performance as a starting point for all future performances
Not that spectacular but kept it simple 95% of the time with one and two touch football and looked every inch the world class midfielder

Unread 04-12-2016, 10:46 PM
irk

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiggyStardust
One of the problems with Pogba is that if he makes a mistake he tries to make up for it and by overdoing it he makes another mistake

He should use his Feyenoord home performance as a starting point for all future performances
Not that spectacular but kept it simple 95% of the time with one and two touch football and looked every inch the world class midfielder
A real sticky patch

Unread 04-12-2016, 10:50 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberian
He has the options to experiment in that manner, but look over his career and he has generally favoured a physical targetman. Drogba at Chelsea, Milito at Inter, Benzema at Real, even signed Adebayor on loan. Costa second time at Chelsea and Zlat so far at Utd.

I thought we might see more experimentation in the cups, did not expect to see Zlatan in the league cup at all.
always big on the cups though

zlatan is what he is, but you know he's not gonna run past you. give him martial or rashford off him, maybe 3-5-2 ish, and let's have it...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiggyStardust

tbf feyenoord were shite on the night.
Closed Thread