Default Who gave away all the pies?

Salford City, that's who.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england...ester-43189079

Old 25-02-2018, 04:27 PM
red in cumbria ...

Nice gesture, fair play.

Old 25-02-2018, 04:40 PM
armchair ...

honestly think this should happen with all excess but it doesn't. You don't have to give away right outside your shop from but throwing away good food is sick imo.

Old 25-02-2018, 04:52 PM
ScarFace ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
honestly think this should happen with all excess but it doesn't. You don't have to give away right outside your shop from but throwing away good food is sick imo.
I know somebody who runs a large homeless place/food bank and they get so much food free from supermarkets now that even they end up throwing a lot away. They get free truck deliveries every Friday from various supermarkets. Some fresh but mostly not.

Side note....only about 20% turned up for the Christmas day dinner this year because some pubs in town opened their doors for free to the homeless & gave away free cigs.....That didn't go down well with the jesus freaks.

Old 25-02-2018, 04:59 PM
armchair ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarFace
I know somebody who runs a large homeless place/food bank and they get so much food free from supermarkets now that even they end up throwing a lot away. They get free truck deliveries every Friday from various supermarkets. Some fresh but mostly not.

Side note....only about 20% turned up for the Christmas day dinner this year because some pubs in town opened their doors for free to the homeless & gave away free cigs.....That didn't go down well with the jesus freaks.
that's good to hear - there was a thing over here with people giving soup to the homeless and i think it got shut down. I understand you don't want loads of homeless people in touristy areas but just move it away a bit, don't just ban it.

look at this sick quote:

“Let’s be under no illusion here – when somebody becomes homeless it doesn’t happen overnight, it takes years of bad behaviour probably, or behaviour that isn’t the behaviour of you and me,”

‘Tents and soup will not fix homeless emergency’
Crisis cannot be solved by volunteers, says head of Dublin’s homeless services
https://www.irishtimes.com/news/poli...ency-1.3291978