United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 15-12-2014, 10:31 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
True, but it's out of date, as the safe standing people want to introduce isn't anything like the crumbling, piss-stained deathtrap terraces from years ago. I can't see how people standing in rows like the German ones are any harder to police than if they were sitting down.
You and I know that, bt this report is sacrosanct with them lot.

Unread 15-12-2014, 10:32 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo
I don't really see why one club should have it's opinion held up above all others . If they don't want standing at Anfield (even though people stand in the kop end all through the game most of the time) then fine. But let other clubs choose for themselves.

Unread 15-12-2014, 10:33 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
At old Trafford it's far far too late.....
United are in favour tbh, they'd even sent factfinders to see how it works in Germany. Probably partly to try and rebuild bridges with the fans, but presumably mainly so they can potentially sell more tickets at the same prices.

Unread 15-12-2014, 10:34 PM
Zorg

Quote:
Yep.

The truth is, it's absolutely £#%&! all to do with them. I can't for the life of me understand why they wheel out these people every time there's a debate on the issue. They won't listen to reason, they're not interested in the arguments, they just want to put their fingers in their ears and go 'la la la'. Leave them to it and let everyone else do what they £#%&!ing want.

Unread 15-12-2014, 10:34 PM
Wez

Most clubs will be in favour of it, sell more tickets, more profit. Its just that lot see a chance to get their voices heard on an issue that has £#%&! all to do with them

Unread 15-12-2014, 10:35 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
United are in favour tbh, they'd even sent factfinders to see how it works in Germany. Probably partly to try and rebuild bridges with the fans, but presumably mainly so they can potentially sell more tickets at the same prices.
Ok, give me a shout when it happens....how's that singing section forced fun zone going ?

Oh.

You can't faux atmosphere, you can't open up ends as unseated and create a buzz and atmosphere.

Unread 15-12-2014, 10:37 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Ok, give me a shout when it happens....how's that singing section forced fun zone going ?

Oh.

You can't faux atmosphere, you can't open up ends as unseated and create a buzz and atmosphere.
Of course not, if we do we'll probably make a balls of it anyway . All I'm saying is that the club would welcome it.

Unread 15-12-2014, 10:38 PM
Sparky***

Quote:

Oh.

20 time 20 time man utd
cringey cringeball
the cringey cringe.

Unread 15-12-2014, 10:41 PM
Red Al

Gimps and woody would love it as all them extra fans paying a fiver for that shit Singha beer and overpriced programs :shakehead:

Unread 15-12-2014, 10:47 PM
ashtonred

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wez
Most clubs will be in favour of it, sell more tickets, more profit. Its just that lot see a chance to get their voices heard on an issue that has £#%&! all to do with them
Nick Clegg is in favour of safe standing areas

"The Liberal Democrats are committed to exploring options for introducing safe standing at football grounds in consultation with fans, clubs and safety experts and have passed a motion at their party conference to this effect. The evidence from countries like Germany shows that safe standing can operate effectively and safely to give fans more choice about how they enjoy the game."

Unread 15-12-2014, 11:00 PM
taff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
On what grounds does she oppose it? Is she suggesting that hillsborough happened because people were simply standing up?
on purely irrational grounds borne out of grief. she attended a trial at one of the lower league grounds a while ago and her only reason for opposing it (on record, at least) was she 'didn't like the look of it'.

swerving the usual insensitivities around this subject, i can't begin to fathom how intensely distressing it must be to lose a relative in that way, and i understand that the circumstances would be unsettling in the aftermath, but surely there comes a point where reason and balance come into play, the world learns its lesson and moves on. however, the hillsborough families are now a very active and influential lobby group; they have serious traction on this.

i still suspect they are concerned that if standing is proved safe there will be concerted efforts from certain quarters to shift liability for hillsborough back towards the scousers. considering the smear attempts in the past, i'm not entirely unsympathetic to this, but it strikes me as mere paranoia. they have been exonerated by both a judicial review and independent panel, as well as receiving apologies from the government. once this latest IPCC investigation is appropriately concluded then their attitudes may change. if not, then it all starts to look rather cynical.

Unread 15-12-2014, 11:12 PM
forzagarza

Surely the version of safe standing with the flip up seats would mean that the capacity would stay the same so no financial gain??

Unread 15-12-2014, 11:12 PM
ZiggyStardust

Quote:

Oh.

They do in the rest of Europe

It's never going to be stand wherever you like again but if fans organise themselves like they do on the continent then you can create a great atmosphere

Unread 15-12-2014, 11:16 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by forzagarza
Surely the version of safe standing with the flip up seats would mean that the capacity would stay the same so no financial gain??
I think it's been shown you can improve capacity, for starters you can get more in per row, but it'd be fairly typical for the FA to approve it only on the proviso that the same capacity as before is allowed in.

Unread 15-12-2014, 11:40 PM
92ToBury

Quote:
I think it's been shown you can improve capacity, for starters you can get more in per row, but it'd be fairly typical for the FA to approve it only on the proviso that the same capacity as before is allowed in.
Then there's no reason for the clubs to lower prices.
The Glazers would prefer to sell 4000 tickets at £30 than 3000 at £40 because they've got more people in the ground which generates additional revenues from in house deals - food, drinks, betting, progs, etc

Obviously they'd prefer 4000 @£40 even more

Unread 15-12-2014, 11:48 PM
Pop

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashtonred
All of them I think ..

Unread 15-12-2014, 11:56 PM
dunk

I £#%&!ing despise that Aspinall woman, I fly into a fit of ranting rage whenever she opens her £#%&!ing gob the sanctimonious old witch. Stay the £#%&! out of everyone else's £#%&!ing business you £#%&!ing bitch.
Closed Thread