United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 17-06-2008, 03:59 PM
borsuk

Default ronaldinho, deco, eto'o all leaving barca

henry staying

there's a quote on the beeb about letting eto'o go and the priority being 'finding a strike partner for henry'. looks like the talksport rumours about steve maclaren taking over are true, then.

Unread 17-06-2008, 04:00 PM
Rossi the Red

"Eto'o, Deco and Ronaldinho are all surplus to requirements!" haha

YCNMIU!!

Unread 17-06-2008, 04:02 PM
Billy Baroo

a welcome return to the greatest avatar of our times

it would appear pep is putting a lot of faith in bojan being full first team all next season

Unread 17-06-2008, 04:03 PM
ScholesScoresGoals2

Bids in for Eto'o, cracking player

Unread 17-06-2008, 04:19 PM
Baron

Ibrahimovic will end up there. He's not a Mourinho player is he ?

Eto'o is asking for big money & usually ends up crippled. Whether a change of scenery can persuade him to stay fit I don't know, but he'd be magnificent for us if he could get through a season in form.

Unread 17-06-2008, 04:22 PM
naes_sean

I'd £#%&!ing love Eto'o at OT.

Unread 17-06-2008, 04:50 PM
Tumescent Throb

Wonder if Barca have enquired about Ronaldo yet?

Unread 17-06-2008, 04:52 PM
El Calafate

tell Barca we'll take all 3 and they can have Ronaldo.

nft.

Unread 17-06-2008, 04:53 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Calafate
tell Barca we'll take all 3 and they can have Ronaldo.

nft.
okay, i'll just have me tea first

Unread 17-06-2008, 04:53 PM
Rossi the Red

Eto'o is a great player but his attitude £#%&!ing stinks.

Wouldn't want him at OT. Nft.

Unread 17-06-2008, 04:57 PM
TreeFiddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
But he dreams of playing for Real, not Barca.

Quote:
okay, i'll just have me tea first

Unread 17-06-2008, 04:58 PM
Billy Baroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossi the Red

utter shite

his 'attitude' was that he wanted to train and work hard while others, goofy, in particular pissed it up and turned up whenever they wanted and he £#%&!ing said that was a patently @#%&!ington policy that was hurting the club

he is a team player with fantastic work ethic and brilliant goal scoring record

Unread 17-06-2008, 04:59 PM
Ginners

Quote:
theyve said they dont want him this year

Unread 17-06-2008, 05:05 PM
borsuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossi the Red

he's got a great attitude. he just gets pissed off with tossers like ronaldinho taking the piss by not coming to training. from what i've read his tantrums are of the eric variety - he's an intelligent guy who expects a lot from other people.

i'd sooner see us spend big on eto'o than berbatov, tbh.

Unread 17-06-2008, 05:10 PM
Serenity Now

Ah! So that's what it was when he was headbutting that journalist, saying that he'll leave the club if they don't win anything next year, and deliberately getting suspended for el derbi.

Unread 17-06-2008, 05:18 PM
Tumescent Throb

what happens when Barca and Real are both in for a top player?

I seem to think they avoid this scenario to save face, but I'm struggling to remember why

(not counting transfers between the two really, but even then I suppose - give me info.!)

Unread 17-06-2008, 05:20 PM
S/Side.Red

I used to be on board with the Eto'o having a good attitude thing. I always thought, while the bloke was obviously mental, he did and said everything he did for the good of the team/club. But in the last few months of the season he really did lose it and his behaviour was quite appalling.

Possibly why the interest in him from Europe's biggest clubs seems to have dried up a little this summer and Barca may have to keep him after all.

Unread 17-06-2008, 05:40 PM
Serenity Now

Yep. Eto'o's behaviour is definitely a factor in the slight lack of interest in his services this summer, as is his injury record over the past couple of seasons. I'm a big fan of him as a player, but I think it's a bit unrealistic to deny that he has some physical and mental problems.

Of course, if he can put all this behind him, then there's no doubt that he'd be a great signing for any club in the world. However, I don't know him personally, and I don't know if his injuries are a result of a bigger problem - as has been rumoured - either, so I really couldn't say whether he'll be able to do so or not.

Unread 17-06-2008, 06:09 PM
borsuk

i wonder how far his attitude wasn't justified, though. barca was a mess for most of the season, with rijkaard losing control of the side, and it being common knowledge he was leaving, there was all sorts of favouritism (which eto'o referred to more than once). i think he was just £#%&!ed off with the whole situation at the club and felt let down.

as s/side said, he's clearly a nutter. but i'd say more an eric-style nutter than anything else.

Unread 17-06-2008, 06:11 PM
Rossi the Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
I used to be on board with the Eto'o having a good attitude thing. I always thought, while the bloke was obviously mental, he did and said everything he did for the good of the team/club. But in the last few months of the season he really did lose it and his behaviour was quite appalling.

Possibly why the interest in him from Europe's biggest clubs seems to have dried up a little this summer and Barca may have to keep him after all.
Nft.
Closed Thread