United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 19-10-2015, 04:21 PM
morgan

Default Bayern claim Pep is not Bertie-bound

Quote:
"It is clear that there are other good-looking brides out there," Bayern chief executive Karl-Heinz Rummenigge said.

"But we are optimistic that Pep Guardiola will stay at Bayern."
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/34574155

Unread 19-10-2015, 04:24 PM
angrydimaria

optimistic.... doesn't sound that confident tbh

Unread 19-10-2015, 04:30 PM
morgan

Quote:
Originally Posted by angrydimaria
optimistic.... doesn't sound that confident tbh
I was only trying to cheer you up pal

Unread 19-10-2015, 04:31 PM
red in cumbria

Well it hardly looks as "nailed on" as some have claimed, anyway?

Unread 19-10-2015, 05:02 PM
The Watcher

He will sign a one year extension at Bayern & then take over from King Louis in 2017. On

Martial on Super Pep's super drugs ffs Can't wait.

Edit: Shots fired at Keith by Big Ric

Unread 19-10-2015, 05:05 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Watcher
He will sign a one year extension at Bayern & then take over from King Louis in 2017. On

When Super Pep gets hold of Sheezy, Memph and T-Murder it's over for this league

Unread 19-10-2015, 05:06 PM
Ethers

Quote:

Edit: Shots fired at Keith by Big Ric
The lad doesn't give a £#%&! anymore. Wild.

Unread 19-10-2015, 05:15 PM
Cream

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
When Super Pep gets hold of Sheezy, Memph and T-Murder it's over for this league

Will he be able to do anything with 'The Cruelty'?

Unread 19-10-2015, 08:19 PM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
This. Now klopp has gone to Liverpool, guardiola will be the Glazers' only choice to succeed van gaal. Although I think van gaal will sign a 2 year extension. Then again, if guardiola uses city to force the issue, maybe not.

Unread 20-10-2015, 12:09 AM
Serenity Now

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red

Unread 20-10-2015, 08:35 AM
Denis Irwell

Quote:
A gentlemen as per

The suits at City were giddily boasting that they had RvP sown up during the 2012 run-in iirc? I'm hoping that given the choice of taking over United or City, Super Pep will have the class to do what's right. Be a disaster if he goes over there imo.

If the man has a jot of dignity ...etc

edit: Pep not riccers btw

Unread 20-10-2015, 08:53 AM
My Name is Keith

Quote:
A gentlemen as per

The suits at City were giddily boasting that they had RvP sewn up during the 2012 run-in iirc? I'm hoping that given the choice of taking over United or City, Super Pep will have the class to do what's right. Be a disaster if he goes over there imo.

I'm not sure that's the choice on offer atm though and the timing might suit city more than it does United. Think pellegrini will be toast at the end of this season even if they win the league. Bayern's comments suggest that approaches are being made now and that's likely to be city.

You'd hope that United would also be in pep's ear now warming him up to life after van gaal. Fergies in print suggesting that the Moyes appointment was a £#%&! up due to non availability of better candidates - surely to £#%&! we can't end up with another moyes like calamity or some untried but popular with spaccers experiment like Giggs.

Unread 20-10-2015, 08:57 AM
dragflick

[twici] Giggs will take over from LvG at the end of next season. Guardiola to the berts this summer.

Unread 20-10-2015, 09:11 AM
The Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Name is Keith

I'm not sure that's the choice on offer atm though and the timing might suit city more than it does United. Think pellegrini will be toast at the end of this season even if they win the league. Bayern's comments suggest that approaches are being made now and that's likely to be city.

You'd hope that United would also be in pep's ear now warming him up to life after van gaal. Fergies in print suggesting that the Moyes appointment was a £#%&! up due to non availability of better candidates - surely to £#%&! we can't end up with another moyes like calamity or some untried but popular with spaccers experiment like Giggs.
That's the fear. If Guardiola is determined to move to the Premier League next season it would make sense for United to pay up LvG's contract & hire Pep in the summer.

Putting aside Giggs inexperience, it would be bizarre going through the effort (and associated massive turnover of players) of moving towards a Dutch/Spanish possession & pressing game only to revert back to a (presumably) more English style under Giggs.

Unread 20-10-2015, 09:13 AM
dragflick

Quote:
That's the fear. If Guardiola is determined to move to the Premier League next season it would make sense for United to pay up LvG's contract & hire Pep in the summer.

Putting aside Giggs inexperience, it would be bizarre going through the effort (and associated massive turnover of players) of moving towards a Dutch/Spanish possession & pressing game only to revert back to a (presumably) more English style under Giggs.
Agreed, but I'm pretty sure that's what's going to happen...

Unread 20-10-2015, 09:16 AM
taff

i'd be surprised if he went there, yet at the same time i'd be surprised if he didn't. such is the @#%&!iness of modern football.

Unread 20-10-2015, 09:17 AM
atticusgrinch

Giggs isn't taking over. Woodward won't be that stupid. It'll be Pep imo.

Unread 20-10-2015, 09:17 AM
itisme_panaflex

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragflick
[twici] Giggs will take over from LvG at the end of next season. Guardiola to the berts this summer.

Unread 20-10-2015, 09:21 AM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by itisme_panaflex

Unread 20-10-2015, 09:26 AM
The Watcher

Closed Thread