United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 22-09-2018, 07:03 PM
est.1878

So long and thanks for all the treble

Unread 22-09-2018, 07:08 PM
utd99

Regardless of whether you’re pro or anti Mou, I can’t see how anyone could argue that we’re on a good trajectory. Maybe Mou himself...

Unread 22-09-2018, 07:23 PM
windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Won't be long now. Before Christmas was my first guess and i'll stand by that.

Once we bomb out of the CL into the europa league and we're a good 20 or so points away from the top 3, then I think we'll see him go.

Then all we have to do is sit back and watch the next guy wave a magic wand
Was everyone's guess to be fair...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo
Why are you persisting with this belief that nothing is Mourinho's fault?

His tenure has been bad, but largely totally predictable - boring, containment football, and a stunting of the development of the younger players.

He's also been given untold millions to buy who he wants. He can complain about the centre backs this season, but if he needed an experienced leader he should have signed one with the money he threw away on duds like Bailly and Lindelof. The City spend comparisons don't stack up either, now that Liverpool are challenging.

It really doesn't take a footballing genius to see that there's a link between some of our best players performing very well at international level, then returning to United and looking totally bereft of confidence. Mourinho is a persistent foul stench wafting through the club; the fumigators need to come in and rid us of this pestilence, and usher in a fragrant scent of Pochettino.
Neo

Unread 22-09-2018, 07:50 PM
sa7

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnificentSeven
he definitely needs to stop playing this front three of sanchez, lukaku and lingard TONIGHT.

it just doesn't work. at least under van gaal when things weren't going right he changed things up. mourinho keeps persisting with the same forward line and it's just ineffective.
The trio of @#%&!tery.

The Belgian cart horse and a couple of sackless wonders who want to play centrally. That leave the fullbacks as the ones to provide our natural width. Unfortunately we have Tony the @#%&! on the right side with his static infield passes, so it’s only Shaw causing anything in wide areas.

We can piss on about Woodward not getting Mourinho’s targets but the #@&%! has had 5 transfer windows and failed to get the genuine wide players his “system” requires. We’re still playing with square pegs in round holes, strikers shoved onto the wing just because they’re quick, wingers shoved into fullback because they’re shit but play cautiously.

£#%&! right off.

Unread 23-09-2018, 12:58 PM
Ranier Wolfcastle

With the judgement he shows on our current squad, why should Woodward trust him to spend even more £££?

Woodward's idiocy is giving him an extension and signing Sanchez just after we find ourselves of another expensive did in Rooney

Unread 23-09-2018, 01:32 PM
Lazlo Panaflex

Think we all agree the problems are beyond Jose. People who say the issue won't be fixed just from sacking mourinho are right.

But any sort of administration that has any idea about building a football club, would look to move Jose on. He's £#%&!ing dour and not a United manager.

We've won half of our opening games. And he's built the last 2 seasons on very strong starts. If it follows the same pattern it could be horrendous.

Unread 23-09-2018, 02:07 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazlo Panaflex
Think we all agree the problems are beyond Jose. People who say the issue won't be fixed just from sacking mourinho are right.
Thats the problem I have, I just don’t trust the people making the decisions at the club to get the next appointment right. We’d more than likely hire someone that’s currently not working, give them £150m to spend on players (as long as they fit Woodward’s profile) to take us in another completely different direction of playing style leaving us with an even more unbalanced squad than we have now.

We’re desperate for a restructure and until that happens I don’t think it matters who the manager. If after the restructuring the people in charge of the footballing decision don’t think Mourinho is the man to lead us in the new direction then let him go and get someone in who shares the same ideas/philosophies.

Unread 23-09-2018, 02:10 PM
Lazlo Panaflex

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
Thats the problem I have, I just don’t trust the people making the decisions at the club to get the next appointment right. We’d more than likely hire someone that’s currently not working, give them £150m to spend on players (as long as they fit Woodward’s profile) to take us in another completely different direction of playing style leaving us with an even more unbalanced squad than we have now.

We’re desperate for a restructure and until that happens I don’t think it matters who the manager. If after the restructuring the people in charge of the footballing decision don’t think Mourinho is the man to lead us in the new direction then let him go and get someone in who shares the same ideas/philosophies.
That's fair enough imo. I would rather he goes, ideally with a thought out replacement. The football might be enjoyable at least but yeah, long term you are right.

Unread 23-09-2018, 05:14 PM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
If after the restructuring the people in charge of the footballing decision don’t think Mourinho is the man to lead us in the new direction then let him go and get someone in who shares the same ideas/philosophies.
A yes man who’ll take what he’s given?

Woodward and the glazers don’t care less about any particular football philosophy. They’ll just use such things as PR to justify financially driven decisions. Their ‘footballing’ philosophy is buying young players with sell on value along with commercially important galacticos chosen by the commercial department (Woodward). No interest in team building and social dynamics. Which is why we need to get very lucky regardless of manager as a successful blend of players isn’t going to happen by design.

Unread 23-09-2018, 05:17 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammy Dodger
A yes man who’ll take what he’s given?

Woodward and the glazers don’t care less about any particular football philosophy. They’ll just use such things as PR to justify financially driven decisions. Their ‘footballing’ philosophy is buying young players with sell on value along with commercially important galacticos chosen by the commercial department (Woodward).
Like Sánchez?

Unread 23-09-2018, 05:19 PM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo
Like Sánchez?
What’s your point?

Unread 23-09-2018, 05:28 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammy Dodger
What’s your point?
Woodward chose him did he?

Unread 23-09-2018, 05:39 PM
Lazlo Panaflex

Jammy

Not the sharpest.

Unread 23-09-2018, 05:48 PM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo
Woodward chose him did he?
I don’t know. Possibly. It’s a signing which fits with what Woodward and the Glazers want in terms of strategy. And there was certainly no consideration of the effect on the dressing room dynamics when giving him the contract they did. I don’t think mourinho did the negotiating. Maybe you know something.

Unread 23-09-2018, 07:07 PM
windy waffles

No sign of saffers...

Only appears when we win. The utter shithouse.

Unread 23-09-2018, 07:15 PM
ScarFace

Woody is SHIT but he doesn't set the tactics up. Jose needs to go.

Unread 23-09-2018, 07:18 PM
elhombre

where do you even start with this shit?

one good game, one bad game...

it's the patent inconsistency and just dire way we play football even when we win.

i'm tired of it. never been so apathetic about united in my entire life.

Unread 23-09-2018, 07:31 PM
redhegemony

Quote:
Originally Posted by elhombre
where do you even start with this shit?

one good game, one bad game...

it's the patent inconsistency and just dire way we play football even when we win.

i'm tired of it. never been so apathetic about united in my entire life.
Coming out of this will be all the sweeter..

Unread 23-09-2018, 08:06 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by redhegemony
Coming out of this will be all the sweeter..
It would be nice if it happened when I am still young enough to fully appreciate it, though.......

Unread 23-09-2018, 08:16 PM
Red Al

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
It would be nice if it happened when I am still young enough to fully appreciate it, though.......
Hopfully the gimps will £#%&! off soon as they can't live on past glories for too much longer(5 more years tops) plus once jose either walks or is binned no other top sought after manager will touch Utd with a barge pole with the board/owners we have.
Closed Thread