United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
View Poll Results: Are you in favour of Big Jim’s deal to acquire 25% of the club?
Yes 71 71.00%
No 14 14.00%
Not arsed 15 15.00%
Voters: 100. You may not vote on this poll

Unread 23-02-2024, 09:54 AM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFC One Love View Post
If Ten Hag doesn’t get in the Champions League he is gone, and might be gone even if he does.

Ratcliffe seems to want a manager who just coaches the team and recruitment etc is done above. That’s how we have to do it, yeah the manager might get asked his opinion etc but ultimately leave it to the people above.
Sounds brilliant.....

Get Southgate in...

Unread 23-02-2024, 10:02 AM
Finport Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster View Post
Sounds brilliant.....

Get Southgate in...
Don’t say that.

Unread 23-02-2024, 10:27 AM
Dacter

Quote:
“In broad terms, a refurb is one (billion) and a new stadium — both of these would include the campus so, you know, the museum’s crap and the shop is too small and you’d have the Xbox thing for entertaining the fans.
Did he actually say the museum was crap?

What's he on about re Xbox?

Unread 23-02-2024, 11:24 AM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster View Post
Sounds brilliant.....

Get Southgate in...

Love bunks being absolutely up for dying on the ten hag hill.

Praying for him.

Unread 23-02-2024, 11:28 AM
Ethers

He’s got his own hill? Where is it? Would love a visit

Unread 23-02-2024, 11:49 AM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whip Hubley View Post

Love bunks being absolutely up for dying on the ten hag hill.

Praying for him.
Big fan of my manager making the late stages of the champions league, winning trophies etc ..

Not answering to Jim, Dave and Brian in a boardroom each week as they play fantasy football IRL.

#@&%!s, them and you

Unread 23-02-2024, 12:15 PM
est.1878

who is our designated photoshoper now Pop is presumed KIA not just MIA

Unread 23-02-2024, 12:19 PM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
Big fan of my manager making the late stages of the champions league, winning trophies etc ..

Not answering to Jim, Dave and Brian in a boardroom each week as they play fantasy football IRL.

#@&%!s, them and you

Jeez, friendly fire... I'm firmly in the 'in' camp pal.

Providing he gets CL.

Unread 23-02-2024, 12:34 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whip Hubley View Post
Jeez, friendly fire... I'm firmly in the 'in' camp pal.

Providing he gets CL.

Dank u wel.

Unread 23-02-2024, 12:35 PM
AK14

Quote:
If Ten Hag doesn’t get in the Champions League he is gone, and might be gone even if he does.

Ratcliffe seems to want a manager who just coaches the team and recruitment etc is done above. That’s how we have to do it, yeah the manager might get asked his opinion etc but ultimately leave it to the people above.
I’m not so sure tbh, not unless there’s a genuine favourite of the new board. Of course they’ll have a plan on the direction they want to go in and a shortlist of managers who could replace ETH. But I think they’ll allow him to start next season and if results don’t go the way they want and there’s no clear development in the way we play then I think they’ll get rid.

He deserves the chance to work with a fit squad and a competent board above him imo.

Unread 23-02-2024, 12:53 PM
est.1878

Do we need a fresh ETH poll?

Not rhetorical...

Every always says CL but for me im not arsed.... can progress better without for one year... devalue the europa by playing 16 year olds and rich businessmen who pay 5m to play 45 mins in an eastern european hell hole

Unread 23-02-2024, 12:56 PM
Neo

Lightbulb

Mad how some seem to think 'Big Jim' and Mr Marginal Gains sat on his Peloton have got more of a clue on how to bring success on a football pitch than one of European football's elite 1st team coaches.

Soundbytes have been great so far, other than this idea of a national stadium in the north to replace Old Trafford but I'm holding my horses until I see real action.

Personally would have liked to have seen a more direct backing of the manager.

Unread 23-02-2024, 01:00 PM
marlo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo View Post
why would he back a manager he doesn't rate??

ETH is only seen a elite manager on here....and he is a fan favourite to rival fans.
they love us to keep him

Unread 23-02-2024, 01:35 PM
Ethers

I think his comments about Ten Hag have been spot on personally, and I say that as someone who wants him to do well here.

He hasn’t had a good enough season that he deserves Jim to come out and give him his unequivocal backing.

But these comments are very telling and shows that they understand what he’s had to put up with.

“ The only conclusion you can draw is that the environment in which they were working didn’t work. And Erik’s been in that environment. I’m talking about the organisation, the people in the structure, and the atmosphere in the club. We have to do that bit. So I’m not really focused on the coach. I’m focused on getting that bit right”

Unread 23-02-2024, 02:33 PM
Jethro

Still bothered about what rival fans think I see

Unread 23-02-2024, 02:52 PM
RedNick80

Quote:

How do you know this isn't what ETH wants?? Its what he did at Ajax!

He has had to step up and try to get more involved in signing players with the vacuum above him, and take all the shit that came with it.

Unread 23-02-2024, 03:10 PM
Neo

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo View Post
why would he back a manager he doesn't rate??
You have absolutely no knowledge on whether he rates him or not.

That's a fact.

Unread 23-02-2024, 08:04 PM
Hyman_Roth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo View Post
Mad how some seem to think 'Big Jim' and Mr Marginal Gains sat on his Peloton have got more of a clue on how to bring success on a football pitch than one of European football's elite 1st team coaches.

Soundbytes have been great so far, other than this idea of a national stadium in the north to replace Old Trafford but I'm holding my horses until I see real action.

Having a clear plan and a determination to follow it is a fairly important starting point and an unusual sensation for the club imv. Especially after what we’ve had since Fergie and gill left which was a strategic vacuum.

As others have said I thought he dealt with the Erik thing pretty well but I thought he would be less neutral for the cameras. The fact that he was as hard as he was is encouraging.

The days of Lingard Pogba and Rashford #@&%!ing around the place whilst Rome burns are over.

Unread 23-02-2024, 08:47 PM
Dr Stranger

Pressed about ETH again. Similar answer.

Unread 23-02-2024, 09:03 PM
NedKelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger View Post
https://x.com/utdactive/status/17610...aSbh7vgQsN2lEQ

Pressed about ETH again. Similar answer.
Let me get this straight; he seems to be saying that the structure of the club above the manager is what needs to change… And marlo (among several others), despite disagreeing with this very sentiment regularly, and as recently as a few weeks ago, is now implying that Big Jim is on the same page as him and wants Erik out?

Interesting.