United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 20-09-2014, 02:01 PM
Zorg

This thread reminds me of that time someone (maybe Crumps?) posted a thread entitled 'people who believe in God are thick @#%&!s' and then just left everyone to it

Unread 20-09-2014, 02:04 PM
HotChip

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crumps
Eric was so £#%&!ing influential on the modern day United it's untrue.

If Fergie hadn't had bought him we wouldn't be where we are today. He was the catalyst for everything and prevented a collapse worthy of a Rodgers team from defining us. He was also one hell of a £#%&!ing player and I'd bet without him most of his doubters would be supporting £#%&!ing Liverpool.

Some great contributions in this thread. Ive changed my mind about 4 times.

Unread 20-09-2014, 02:07 PM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crumps
Eric was so £#%&!ing influential on the modern day United it's untrue.

If Fergie hadn't had bought him we wouldn't be where we are today. He was the catalyst for everything and prevented a collapse worthy of a Rodgers team from defining us. He was also one hell of a £#%&!ing player and I'd bet without him most of his doubters would be supporting £#%&!ing Liverpool.
Great point that.

Unread 20-09-2014, 02:27 PM
Tiberian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeFiddy
Vg2c this shit thread still going. People writing essays FFS.

Schmeichel
1 game a week will do this to the forum, found myself pining for the Europa league on Thursday night:shakehead:

Unread 20-09-2014, 03:16 PM
believe

Has Pallister had a mention yet?

Unread 20-09-2014, 03:22 PM
HarkNowHear

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
Has Pallister had a mention yet?
For his pouch?

Unread 20-09-2014, 03:36 PM
Aman27deep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberian
1 game a week will do this to the forum, found myself pining for the Europa league on Thursday night:shakehead:
I wanted some footy on thursday as well :shakehead:

Unread 20-09-2014, 03:38 PM
Neo

My top 10, based on ability and achievements:

Charlton
Best
Cantona
Giggs
Keane
Scholes
Ronaldo
Law
Robson
Edwards

Amazing that Rooney, who is on the verge of becoming our greatest ever goalscorer, doesn't even get in the top 10 yet. Shows the quality of player we've been blessed with.

Most Reds who grew up watching the 80s sides will probably say that Robson is too low on my list, but I've used achievements as a measurement, and whilst it's harsh on a player who played in weaker teams, the bottom line is he didn't win as much as some of the others.

Whilst Giggs, Keane and Scholes probably weren't as good individually as Ronaldo and Law, I have to place them higher based on their longevity and consistent success. I debated whether Roy Keane deserves a place in the top 5 United players ever, but he is the most successful captain in United history, and a central part of our success in the post-Cantona era.

If it wasn't for Munich, players like Taylor, Byrne, Whelan and Pegg would probably be in the top 10, with Duncan as a comfortable number 1.

Unread 20-09-2014, 03:44 PM
TreeFiddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
This thread reminds me of that time someone (maybe Crumps?) posted a thread entitled 'people who believe in God are thick @#%&!s' and then just left everyone to it
That was actually going to be my next thread when this dies down.

Unread 20-09-2014, 04:54 PM
Crumps

Quote:
Sound like something I'd do tbf.
Quote:
Great point that.
If the Internet had been about at the start of 92-93 Stretty gone, out of the UEFA on penalties, out of the league cup, terrible start in the league, lost 4 times by the time we signed him. Seemed to save our arse, get the first or put the game to bed every time he scored. Fell in love with him then and it's never gone.

Dread to think what the last 22 years would have been like if we never signed him.

Thank £#%&! for Howard Wilkinson eh?

Unread 20-09-2014, 10:00 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Bigbollox
Yep, I was 11 so motwtw re my age
Didn't run on the pitch at the end, I suppose

Unread 20-09-2014, 10:03 PM
no fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
Didn't run on the pitch at the end, I suppose
I was there, and on the pitch before, during and after

Unread 21-09-2014, 07:53 PM
Ericthered

Best is best simples-A true genius

Unread 21-09-2014, 08:48 PM
Horst_ Bucholst

Gonna guage this on who was missed in a united side most if injured and in lifetime of supporting united that would have to be bryan robson used to single handedly carry the team in some games and was missed badly when out injured an all time united great and the best in my book .
Closed Thread