United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 10-08-2014, 10:41 PM
TreeFiddy

Default People who think we are going to win the title

Must be mental.

It's going to be a tough season. Squad isn't nearly good enough to compete for the title.

Unread 10-08-2014, 10:41 PM
Switching Off

Believe.

Unread 10-08-2014, 10:42 PM
Ginners

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeFiddy
Must be mental.

It's going to be a tough season. Squad isn't nearly good enough to compete for the title.
correct, at the moment. once hummels, vidal, and a couple of other 30m+ signings arrive that will change.

Unread 10-08-2014, 10:43 PM
Ethers

Oh.

Unread 10-08-2014, 10:45 PM
The Return of JC

Quote:
Must be mental.

It's good enough to ccompete. We have an excellent manager, a very good squad, some kind early fixtures to hopefully build confidence and momentum and no champions league football. .

However, we're adopting a new system that may take a while to bed in and the squad has holes in it that I think keep us just short of City and chelsea. I expect arsenal will be right up there and I think Liverpool and spurs will do better than people are suggesting.

A couple of good signings and we have a very good chance, but as it stands we're a bit short. only a bit though.

Unread 10-08-2014, 10:49 PM
dunk

We shall see....

Unread 10-08-2014, 10:50 PM
The Return of JC

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
We shall see....
Well obviously, yeah.

Unread 10-08-2014, 10:54 PM
Jez Quigley

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Return of JC
It's good enough to ccompete. We have an excellent manager, a very good squad, some kind early fixtures to hopefully build confidence and momentum and no champions league football. .

However, we're adopting a new system that may take a while to bed in and the squad has holes in it that I think keep us just short of City and chelsea. I expect arsenal will be right up there and I think Liverpool and spurs will do better than people are suggesting.

A couple of good signings and we have a very good chance, but as it stands we're a bit short. only a bit though.
I genuinely had to check to see if I had written that.

Spot on.

Unread 10-08-2014, 10:55 PM
Rhodzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
Oh.

Unread 10-08-2014, 10:58 PM
Grimson

Hard to say until we know if and who we're signing.

Unread 10-08-2014, 11:04 PM
innit

Unread 10-08-2014, 11:04 PM
DakotaFredsBigShoe

[Q UOTE=Grimson;3850637]Hard to say until we know if and who we're signing.[/quote]

This

Unread 10-08-2014, 11:05 PM
Cream

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jez Quigley
I genuinely had to check to see if I had written that.

Spot on.
Makes a change from just waiting a page and copying it verbatim.

Unread 10-08-2014, 11:07 PM
WarwickRoad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cream
Makes a change from just waiting a page and copying it verbatim.
Harsh

Unread 10-08-2014, 11:16 PM
Cream

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarwickRoad
Harsh
He'll be saying the same thing soon, you watch.

Unread 10-08-2014, 11:17 PM
Jez Quigley

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarwickRoad
Harsh
Yes but it makes a change from just waiting a page and copying it verbatim

Unread 10-08-2014, 11:18 PM
Neo

Quote:
Must be mental.

There are issues, particularly in defence, but did you see the squad Liverpool nearly won the title with last season? Our current squad is better than their squad from last year.

If Mata, Rooney and Van Persie have good seasons, I think we'll be up there. If we land Vidal and a decent centre-back, I think we have a definite chance of winning the title.

Most of our squad were Champions only 2 years ago.

Unread 10-08-2014, 11:20 PM
Jez Quigley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cream
He'll be saying the same thing soon, you watch.

It's what any sane person would think ffs.

chelsea and city are relatively stable and well balanced. Keep saying it but our 3 main defenders are all injury prone. where does that leave us??

Unread 10-08-2014, 11:24 PM
VodkaAndCoke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo
There are issues, particularly in defence, but did you see the squad Liverpool nearly won the title with last season? Our current squad is better than their squad from last year.

If Mata, Rooney and Van Persie have good seasons, I think we'll be up there. If we land Vidal and a decent centre-back, I think we have a definite chance of winning the title.

I hear you but Liverpool got lucky with injuries last season. If our defenders pick up their usual injuries then even with a defender coming in we'll be light there.

Unread 10-08-2014, 11:27 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo

But in the end, they didn't - as we all fondly recall. We could ultimately fall agonisingly short too if we don't get a few decent additions in.
Closed Thread