United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football

Unread 24-02-2024, 10:08 PM
avocado

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem View Post
culling is easy.
I wish it was. The current squad demonstrates its not easy in the real world.

Unread 24-02-2024, 10:12 PM
Dacter

Quote:
Originally Posted by lenin View Post
A proper club jettisons the following in the summer:

- Rashford
- Casemiro
- Varane
- Maguire
- Bruno
- Lindelof
- Shaw

Alongside all of the usual dross that is plain to see we need to get rid of
Step forward Jettison Jim

Unread 24-02-2024, 11:22 PM
croady26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lok View Post
There's few I'd be disappointed to see leave. The rest could go tomorrow and we'd barely notice.

Mainoo, Martinez, Hoijland and Garnacho are probably the only ones from our starting XI worth keeping. I'd probably keep Bruno in the hope that he finds his form again when EtH goes.
Done with Bruno,thanks for the last 4 years service. Damning to think those are the only ones worth keeping in the starting XI

Unread 24-02-2024, 11:37 PM
Finport Red

Who really needs to go, realistically?

Rashford
Lindelof
Eriksen
Martial
Casemiro

Varane, Shaw, AWB need to be replaced, to reflect their inability to stay fit for more than 1 week out of every 10 but, if they want to hang about and be reserved, I’ve no problem with that.

Maguire will probably have to go too. Doesn’t fit, despite his best efforts.

Unread 25-02-2024, 12:03 AM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by avocado View Post
I wish it was. The current squad demonstrates its not easy in the real world.
true. I guess I meant coming up with a list of who isn't good enough is easy, but there is no point in wanting rid of someone until we have a better replacement. obviously, getting rid of someone on 300k a week is hard, because no one else is stupid enough to take that on.

Unread 25-02-2024, 02:11 AM
plopborsky

Sancho

Unread 25-02-2024, 10:54 AM
Coracao

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_cantona View Post
Martinez?
He's a good player. But so is Luke Shaw, when he is actually fit and i'd bin him as he misses too many games.

Jury still out on whether Martinez is a crock or he's just been unfortunate. Though don't think he's managed 30 league games in a season yet at the age of 26 - may be mitigating circumstances elsewhere, which I can't be arsed looking into.