United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 10-08-2014, 11:31 PM
DakotaFredsBigShoe

As it stands now we don't have a hope in hell of top two.

Unread 10-08-2014, 11:36 PM
atticusgrinch

It would of course be absolutely mental if he plans playing 3 at the back not signing any more centre backs....

That's why we'll sign a centre back at a minimum. Chill your beans.

Unread 10-08-2014, 11:38 PM
ZiggyStardust

Unread 10-08-2014, 11:48 PM
carrick_16

£#%&!ing hell, let's not bother lads, We might as well give up.

Unread 10-08-2014, 11:52 PM
Switching Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jez Quigley
Keep saying it but our 3 main defenders are all injury prone. where does that leave us??
Promoting yoots.

Definitely need to buy a centre half.

Unread 11-08-2014, 12:03 AM
Larssonisghod7

lvg more important than any signing imo. inspired the old confidence around the whole club which cant be bought. a bit more qaulity added would see us compete. these players still know how to win and see out games and championships as does the manager.

Unread 11-08-2014, 12:19 AM
boreez

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeFiddy
Must be mental.

It's going to be a tough season. Squad isn't nearly good enough to compete for the title.
Not mental, just giddy.

And I shall stay that way after last season, during which I was alternating between suicidal and homicidal.

Unread 11-08-2014, 12:44 AM
Swagger

I'd be in agreement if the transfer window was closed.

But it isn't so I'm not.

Unread 11-08-2014, 01:05 AM
Stickman

Not even so bothered about midfield now, we need one - but a defender has got to be the priority.

Unread 11-08-2014, 08:40 AM
Denis Irwell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo
There are issues, particularly in defence, but did you see the squad Liverpool nearly won the title with last season? Our current squad is better than their squad from last year.

If Mata, Rooney and Van Persie have good seasons, I think we'll be up there. If we land Vidal and a decent centre-back, I think we have a definite chance of winning the title.

Most of our squad were Champions only 2 years ago.

just over 12 months ago actually - hard to think we were reigning champs under Moyes

Unread 11-08-2014, 08:49 AM
Mr_Ed

Defensively we're going to ship a few I expect.. Unless we strengthen we're going to have our work cut out - the 'top four' have all moved on too

Unread 11-08-2014, 09:28 AM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by atticusgrinch
It would of course be absolutely mental if he plans playing 3 at the back not signing any more centre backs....

That's why we'll sign a centre back at a minimum. Chill your beans.
He is a bit mental though. In a good way, but mental nonetheless.

What we'll see is better football than most we've played for five or six years, and that in itself is welcome progress, but it'll be a big learning curve. And as you say we need at least one centre half if we're to get anywhere with this system.

Title is a huge ask.

Unread 11-08-2014, 09:32 AM
Denis Irwell

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo
He is a bit mental though. In a good way, but mental nonetheless.

What we'll see is better football than most we've played for five or six years, and that in itself is welcome progress, but it'll be a big learning curve. And as you say we need at least one centre half if we're to get anywhere with this system.

Title is a huge ask.

but not out of the question. Obvs, new signings etc but looking forward to this more than I have since 08/09
Closed Thread