Unread 24-02-2024, 06:07 PM
red in cumbria

So without him we are shit - who knew?

Unread 24-02-2024, 06:58 PM
croady26

He must be fuming watching that

Unread 01-03-2024, 04:19 PM
GeorgeWickstaff

Pictured playing foot tennis in training in his kit.

Not what an injured man usually does. Which of course makes you wonder do the United medics know what they are doing.

Still confirmed out but certainly "out on the grass" as ETH would say...

Unread 01-03-2024, 04:56 PM
dragflick

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgeWickstaff View Post
Pictured playing foot tennis in training in his kit.

Not what an injured man usually does. Which of course makes you wonder do the United medics know what they are doing.

Still confirmed out but certainly "out on the grass" as ETH would say...
Hopefully fit for the cup game against the scouse

Unread 01-03-2024, 04:57 PM
croady26

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragflick View Post
Hopefully fit for the cup game against the scouse
Yeah think that's a realistic return date

Unread 07-04-2024, 09:27 PM
Gypsum Fantastic

When’s he back?

Unread 07-04-2024, 09:28 PM
Sparky***

that injury ruined any kind of momentum he had.

Unread 07-04-2024, 09:37 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky*** View Post
Yup.

No doubt he’s been rushed back too because he’s the only striker at the club.

Needs a break… are Denmark in the euros?

Unread 07-04-2024, 09:43 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14 View Post
Yup.

No doubt he’s been rushed back too because he’s the only striker at the club.

Needs a break… are Denmark in the euros?
probably, anyone can qualify

Unread 07-04-2024, 09:55 PM
AK14

Quote:

Unread 07-04-2024, 10:19 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Yep. And I don’t think he’s fully over it. Seems half a yard off. I reckon a load of them are playing with knocks. They’re not getting injured, they’re mostly not recovering from the ones they’ve had

Lindelof
Martinez
Varane
Evans

Have all returned and swiftly disappeared again. Bruno and Rashford looks absolutely spent every game too. Garnacho is having to be subbed on 80 mins every match

These players and indeed the whole league is being overworked

Unread 08-04-2024, 12:18 AM
Dacter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger View Post
Yep. And I don’t think he’s fully over it. Seems half a yard off. I reckon a load of them are playing with knocks. They’re not getting injured, they’re mostly not recovering from the ones they’ve had

Lindelof
Martinez
Varane
Evans

Have all returned and swiftly disappeared again. Bruno and Rashford looks absolutely spent every game too. Garnacho is having to be subbed on 80 mins every match

These players and indeed the whole league is being overworked
I’ve been hearing a lot recently about how many clubs have had huge injury lists, but the idiots mentioning it in the media seem to put it down to luck or training methods. I’ve not heard anyone in media pointing the finger directly at the greedy £#%&!ing authorities who have run these players into the ground over the past four years. You can really take your pick from:

- Premier League arrogantly insisting it was the most important thing in the world for them to finish their little football tournament in the depths of the covid crisis. Then almost immediately kicking off a new full season crammed into a smaller than usual window of time.

- UEFA likewise for the Europa/Champions League. Then introducing another European tournament, another round to the Europa League and now a ludicrous extended Champions League format with a minimum of 4 extra rounds of matched.

- International football associations dragging their players all over the world to play money spinning friendlies.

- Individual clubs for doing likewise in pre-season and (increasingly commonly) post season tours.

- FIFA for insisting on holding a winter World Cup, the intentions of which were, to say the least, questionable. Hauling players halfway across the world to play a hectic schedule and then airdropping them back into their domestic leagues at a time of the season when injuries really start to kick in.

And then the fact that all of the above has been on a continuous loop for the past four years. I really can’t blame them for struggling to keep up the pace for the full 90 (with the exception of Jurgen’s Asthmatics FC obviously)

Unread 08-04-2024, 05:55 AM
magic_cantona

Quote:

Unread 08-04-2024, 08:19 AM
silv

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dacter
I’ve been hearing a lot recently about how many clubs have had huge injury lists, but the idiots mentioning it in the media seem to put it down to luck or training methods. I’ve not heard anyone in media pointing the finger directly at the greedy £#%&!ing authorities who have run these players into the ground over the past four years. You can really take your pick from:

- Premier League arrogantly insisting it was the most important thing in the world for them to finish their little football tournament in the depths of the covid crisis. Then almost immediately kicking off a new full season crammed into a smaller than usual window of time.

- UEFA likewise for the Europa/Champions League. Then introducing another European tournament, another round to the Europa League and now a ludicrous extended Champions League format with a minimum of 4 extra rounds of matched.

- International football associations dragging their players all over the world to play money spinning friendlies.

- Individual clubs for doing likewise in pre-season and (increasingly commonly) post season tours.

- FIFA for insisting on holding a winter World Cup, the intentions of which were, to say the least, questionable. Hauling players halfway across the world to play a hectic schedule and then airdropping them back into their domestic leagues at a time of the season when injuries really start to kick in.

And then the fact that all of the above has been on a continuous loop for the past four years. I really can’t blame them for struggling to keep up the pace for the full 90 (with the exception of Jurgen’s Asthmatics FC obviously)
it’s the same for every club

Unread 08-04-2024, 12:58 PM
Dacter

Quote:
Originally Posted by silv View Post
it’s the same for every club
My point exactly.

Almost every club has had huge, and in some cases unprecedented, problems with injury this season.

I'm suggesting top level footballers are hitting a wall.

Unread 08-04-2024, 01:09 PM
Denis Irwell

Rashford loafing around in protest

Unread 14-04-2024, 12:04 AM
marlo

awkward conversations need to be had at some point!

I was not wrong!

Unread 14-04-2024, 08:57 AM
Dr Stranger

He’s had 1 shot in 4 matches

We’re back to where we were months ago where there is just zero service

Most of the time he receives the ball, he’s either 40 yards out with his back to goal and nobody within five yards off him, or he’s running the channel with nobody providing an option

Our attacking woes were probably best summed up by that ‘counter attack’ in the final few seconds: we had a break on, decent numbers coming forward and we ended up playing it backwards to Onana before launching it to Maguire

If it’s not that, it’s rashford lashing it into the side netting from angles where he should cross

Not really sure what the guy is supposed to do

Unread 14-04-2024, 09:16 AM
Coracao

His all round game needs to massively improve.

We need someone to come in this summer as the #9.

Unread 14-04-2024, 09:18 AM
Hyman_Roth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger View Post
He’s had 1 shot in 4 matches

We’re back to where we were months ago where there is just zero service

Most of the time he receives the ball, he’s either 40 yards out with his back to goal and nobody within five yards off him, or he’s running the channel with nobody providing an option

Our attacking woes were probably best summed up by that ‘counter attack’ in the final few seconds: we had a break on, decent numbers coming forward and we ended up playing it backwards to Onana before launching it to Maguire

If it’s not that, it’s rashford lashing it into the side netting from angles where he should cross

Not really sure what the guy is supposed to do
He looks off too. It isn’t just the service. Not surprised he’s inconsistent in this ‘herding cats’ set up though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coracao View Post
His

We need someone to come in this summer as the #9.
This. As has been said for years now.