United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 08-04-2010, 04:07 PM
Appletango

Default Re: What do we need to do?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Appletango
Ronaldinho at Pato play as strikers, you can only call it a 4-5-1 if the widemen don't get back ala Valencia/Nani etc.

I was watching Bayern play up front with Olic and Muller in both games, what were you doing?

As previously said three times now, don't watch Lyon much but it wouldn't surprise me if they had one up yesterday, defending a 3-1 lead.

Gourcouff is more of a striker than a midfielder, plays in a Zola/Bergkamp/Cantona role or are they not strikers anymore?

Inter play that way away in the champions league, In the games Inter play Pandev, Milito and Eto'o, that again is hardly a 4-5-1, however it is rare for them to play all 3, do you not remember the £#%&!athan because Mourinho was playing all three v Chelsea? If there isn't a problem with Motta, Stankovic or Cambiasso they all play.

Gerrard, again plays in the 'hole' ala Bergkamp etc, are they not classed as strikers?

Ok then, We shall see where Ronaldo plays v Barca on Saturday or any other Madrid game this season.
Oh and you know what I mean when I say Barcelona don't play a formation. Watch el classico on Saturday and tell me if Dani Alves sticks to playing right back or Iniesta, should be play stick to central midfield or Messi sticks to Right Wing Forward.

Unread 08-04-2010, 04:54 PM
borsuk

yeah, whatever

Unread 08-04-2010, 04:59 PM
Appletango

Quote:
Originally Posted by borsuk
yeah, whatever

Were all wrong sometimes don't worry about it. I'll bump this thread on Saturday at half time of Barca v Real and ask you where Ronaldo is playing; It will be the same position he has been playing all season.

Unread 08-04-2010, 05:04 PM
borsuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Appletango
Were all wrong sometimes don't worry about it. I'll bump this thread on Saturday at half time of Barca v Real and ask you where Ronaldo is playing; It will be the same position he has been playing all season.
you do that. i'll be well impressed, honest

is this character right in the head? has he got issues i should know about?

Unread 08-04-2010, 05:52 PM
MUFC1999

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lok
I'd love to see the ruthless Fergie of old sort the team out.

Out: Carrick (£8m), Foster (£4m), Gibson (£4m), Scholes, Giggs, Neville, Brown (£5m), Tosic (£3m), Welbeck (£6m), Cleverly (£2m) & De Laet (£1m) = £33m (and a lot saved in wages)

In: Akinfeev (£13m), Pjanic (£16m), Cole (free), Rodwell (£15m), Rodallega (£5m) = £49m

Job done.
11 players out and 5 in, to compete in 4 competitions, oh and loose atleast 40 years+ experiance in winning titles, thats not the best idea ive seen by a long shot, the squad doesnt need a major overhall it needs tweeking, were not that bad honestly, dnt panic, 2 top class strikers, compatable to play with rooney and our style and maybe a midfielder, rodwell would be good, as someone said defence has good balance, da silva had ribery, argubally 1 of best in world in his pocket most of night, he's impetuous which is why he got sent off, but he will grow up as rooney did, van der sar is ok 4 another year so wouldnt worry to much abour a goalie just yet, personally think lloris is 2 small and wont hack it at a club like utd where he doesnt have all that much to do, also someone said benzema? maybe? he cant score in spain, but then again does he get the chance? i dont know was all for it last summer but now not so sure. Joe Cole on a free deffo as for rodellega, again not sure how much could we get bent for if he scores that many at sunderland, he would be scoring 25+ at utd, but then could he do it in europe? i dont know more questions than answers, however back to my origional point 11 out 5 in, no chance even if you didnt loose all the experiance its to much all at once, it doesnt work

Unread 08-04-2010, 05:53 PM
Sullingtons

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFC1999
11 players out and 5 in, to compete in 4 competitions, oh and loose atleast 40 years+ experiance in winning titles, thats not the best idea ive seen by a long shot, the squad doesnt need a major overhall it needs tweeking, were not that bad honestly, dnt panic, 2 top class strikers, compatable to play with rooney and our style and maybe a midfielder, rodwell would be good, as someone said defence has good balance, da silva had ribery, argubally 1 of best in world in his pocket most of night, he's impetuous which is why he got sent off, but he will grow up as rooney did, van der sar is ok 4 another year so wouldnt worry to much abour a goalie just yet, personally think lloris is 2 small and wont hack it at a club like utd where he doesnt have all that much to do, also someone said benzema? maybe? he cant score in spain, but then again does he get the chance? i dont know was all for it last summer but now not so sure. Joe Cole on a free deffo as for rodellega, again not sure how much could we get bent for if he scores that many at sunderland, he would be scoring 25+ at utd, but then could he do it in europe? i dont know more questions than answers, however back to my origional point 11 out 5 in, no chance even if you didnt loose all the experiance its to much all at once, it doesnt work
pure's back.

Unread 08-04-2010, 06:00 PM
Gorilla Monsoon

I think there comes a time when you have to stop relying on the older generation. Neville unfortunately just needs to retire now. Giggs and Scholes can play on for one more year, they're good to have at the club for more than just playing, but they should be told they'll be limited to cup games and substitute appearances. I'm not saying it because they've had a couple of £#%&! games recently, i'd say it even if Giggs was in the form of his life. We're Man Utd, we shouldn't be relying on players in their late thirties to provide us with the spark.

Unread 08-04-2010, 06:02 PM
Gorilla Monsoon

Quote:
Darren Bent is a @#%&!, and you need to space out your sentences, add a few paragraphs in there, because i just picked out Bent and slagged you off.

Couldn't be £#%&!ed reading the rest of it.

Unread 08-04-2010, 06:11 PM
Appletango

Quote:
you do that. i'll be well impressed, honest

is this character right in the head? has he got issues i should know about?
Great post.

Unread 08-04-2010, 06:16 PM
MUFC1999

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorilla Monsoon
Darren Bent is a @#%&!, and you need to space out your sentences, add a few paragraphs in there, because i just picked out Bent and slagged you off.

Couldn't be £#%&!ed reading the rest of it.
I'm quite new to this forum thing, one thing ive noticed is you £#%&!ing internet nerds, who have no argument, pick out spelling and puntuation problems, seriously man get a £#%&!ing grip were talking football not, english grammer, but on that point you write anything to anyone and put a space between every line they will think you are a #@&%!, im not saying bent is great but he's score more than most in an average to poor side, read the full thread or dont bother commenting, there are some good points in it.

Unread 08-04-2010, 06:19 PM
Sullingtons

Thumbs up Re: What do we need to do?

Quote:
I'm quite new to this forum thing, one thing ive noticed is you £#%&!ing internet nerds, who have no argument, pick out spelling and puntuation problems, seriously man get a £#%&!ing grip were talking football not, english grammer, but on that point you write anything to anyone and put a space between every line they will think you are a #@&%!, im not saying bent is great but he's score more than most in an average to poor side, read the full thread or dont bother commenting, there are some good points in it.
Well said m8.

Unread 08-04-2010, 06:24 PM
Sparky***

Quote:

Unread 08-04-2010, 06:34 PM
Sandman

Quote:
keeper can wait if vds is here for another year.

defence is fine, good cover there, good blend of youth and experience. bringing anyone in would just prevent evans and the twins from getting the experience they need to develop.

need a quality creative midfielder, the most pressing issue (ever banega ) and a strong, combative midfielder. lee cattermole is a great prospect imo, sunderland are already very dependent on him - the difference in their performances with (challenging for europe) and without (sucked towards relegation) him is striking. he'd give us real steel in the middle and he'd learn loads at united, he'd be an england fixture in two years.

need a strong, pacy, direct striker to serve as back up to rooney or to complement him. berbatov isn't it. owen isn't it. macheda and welbeck are just prospects. not too many knocking about. i like rodallega tbh...
I've said a couple of times that I think he would be a great signing.

I don't see the point of buying a keeper this summer if Edwin is still going to be here next season, a top young keeper isn't going to sit on the bench for a season waiting for games.

Banega would be a better buy than the likes of Hamsik or Gourcuff imo, but I get the feeling Fergie wants Milner and I don't really know what to make of that tbh. We don't need anymore defenders with Chris Smalling and Marnick Vermijl already set to join.

Unread 08-04-2010, 06:44 PM
borsuk

Quote:
not sure what your point is mate but darren bent is £#%&!, seems just to ramble on a bit, kind of hard to follow, by the time i get to line three or four it's all just merging into one big mess and i haven't a £#%&!ing clue what you're trying to say except something about darren bent he's £#%&!ing shit it's like somebody mumbling into their pint instead of talking to you down the pub like, nothing to do with grammar or anything, or maybe not a pint a whiskey or something maybe a pina collada sounds like something darren bent would drink except he'd probably miss his mouth or something or something else with those daft umbrellas really why the £#%&! do people drink those eh doesn't make any sense anyway what was i saying £#%&! knows something or other have to go back to line three £#%&! that or four almost as bad fancy a pint now i've mentioned it darren bent is £#%&!ing shite good god man darren £#%&!ing bent he'd fit in like one of those umbrellas in a pint, fancy a pint i do is anybody reading this £#%&! me darren bent jesus

Unread 08-04-2010, 06:52 PM
The Watcher

Barcelona have been playing 3-4-3/4-3-3 variant since Cryuff became their manager in the late 80s ffs. 'No formation'

What we need is to stop playing this awful 'passive football' when ever we loose the ball. I hated it when we were winning stuff playing like that in 2007 and 2008 and I hate it now. Get the players in to allow us to play aggressive, dominating football higher up the pitch. We did it beautifully in the first half last night, but I'd like to the see the squad re-organised to allow us to play that way over a season.

Obviously, against most of the shite in the League, such tactics are unnecessary as we'll have enough of the ball anyway. But in Europe, tough away games and matches against Title rivals, it'd be much better to see.

Unread 08-04-2010, 06:53 PM
El Chalten

buy a mexican limbo dancer by the looks of it.

nft.

Unread 08-04-2010, 06:56 PM
borsuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Watcher
Barcelona have been playing 3-4-3/4-3-3 variant since Cryuff became their manager in the late 80s ffs. 'No formation'

What we need is to stop playing this awful 'passive football' when ever we loose the ball. I hated it when we were winning stuff playing like that in 2007 and 2008 and I hate it now. Get the players in to allow us to play aggressive, dominating football higher up the pitch. We did it beautifully in the first half last night, but I'd like to the see the squad re-organised to allow us to play that way over a season.

Obviously, against most of the shite in the League, such tactics are unnecessary as we'll have enough of the ball anyway. But in Europe, tough away games and matches against Title rivals, it'd be much better to see.
spot on

needs to have the squad to do it though, that's a really intense way of playing, you need to be able to rotate players.

really impressed with gibson last night, didn't think he had the energy or mobility to play that kind of pressing game, he did it beautifully.

Unread 08-04-2010, 07:03 PM
Gorilla Monsoon

Going slightly off track, but it shows you how bad the current education system is, if you're considered a 'nerd' for using correct grammar and punctuation.

I'd pay more attention to your post if it was well written. Similarly, if you were trying to get your point across to me face to face, and chose to speak like an absolute #@&%!, i'd probably just laugh.

Unread 08-04-2010, 07:06 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Watcher

Great post.

I think what sets barcelona apart from all the other teams is not just the fact that they play very good quick passing football, but the way they set about winning the ball back. The way they press the man with the ball and cut off the passing options, forcing the error. They do it as high up the pitch as possible.

Unfortunately you need top, top quality players across the midfield to do it and we don't at the moment.

Unread 08-04-2010, 07:09 PM
Gorilla Monsoon

At the end of the day, like, when all is said and done, would you be happy with the current squad going into next season? I probably wouldn't, unless Hargreaves was fully fit and Berbatov was playing properly, instead of this 'i'm not lazy, it's how i play' %@#$&!s.
Closed Thread