United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 11-08-2008, 01:03 AM
Lou_Macari_Chippy

It wasnt a pen by the way - if anything the ref should have given pompy a free kick because tevez stamped all over there guy before he had his leg grabbed - it doesnt matter whether it was on purpose or not - if you stand on a guy while he's down it's a free kick.

Unread 11-08-2008, 01:06 AM
Camel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lou_Macari_Chippy
It wasnt a pen by the way - if anything the ref should have given pompy a free kick because tevez stamped all over there guy before he had his leg grabbed - it doesnt matter whether it was on purpose or not - if you stand on a guy while he's down it's a free kick.
at e::guns:

Unread 11-08-2008, 01:10 AM
Lou_Macari_Chippy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camel
at e::guns:
Watch the replay.

Unread 11-08-2008, 01:14 AM
Camel

Quote:
Watch the replay.
i've seen it already, several times. the ref pussied out. £#%&!ing awful decision, how you can defend it is almost ludicrous, but then i remember...you're lmc...either totally thick as pigshit or on a very lame wum. you choose.

Unread 11-08-2008, 01:17 AM
Ether

Quote:
Utter you £#%&!ing %@#$&!s you clown. If you slip and go down it's your £#%&!ing problem if someone steps on you while going for the ball.

Unread 11-08-2008, 01:39 AM
Lou_Macari_Chippy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ether
Utter you £#%&!ing %@#$&!s you clown. If you slip and go down it's your £#%&!ing problem if someone steps on you while going for the ball.
Nah, if someone slips in front of you, you are obligated to step around them not on them - the only reason the defender grabbed tevez leg was because A/ he was pissed at being stepped on and B/ he fully expected the ref to blow for a freekick this happened on the edge of the box with tevez running across the box towards the wing - hardly a goalscoring opportunity and so there was no other reason for the lad to grab tevez leg.

If you allow players to 'accidentally' step on other players then your going to get that happening a lot and injuries will no doubt occur. The way it works is if you step on someone accidentally then it's a fee kick, if you step on them on purpose then it's at minimum a yellow card but possibly a red. In tevez case it probably wasnt on purpose but he may have been able to avoid the step-on so it should have been just a free kick.

Unread 11-08-2008, 01:44 AM
£#%&! KFC

Quote:
Nah, if someone slips in front of you, you are obligated to step around them not on them - the only reason the defender grabbed tevez leg was because A/ he was pissed at being stepped on and B/ he fully expected the ref to blow for a freekick this happened on the edge of the box with tevez running across the box towards the wing - hardly a goalscoring opportunity and so there was no other reason for the lad to grab tevez leg.

If you allow players to 'accidentally' step on other players then your going to get that happening a lot and injuries will no doubt occur. The way it works is if you step on someone accidentally then it's a fee kick, if you step on them on purpose then it's at minimum a yellow card but possibly a red. In tevez case it probably wasnt on purpose but he may have been able to avoid the step-on so it should have been just a free kick.

it was a penalty you stupid @#%&!

Unread 11-08-2008, 01:45 AM
RedMenace

Quote:
Where does it say this in the rules of the game? Utter shite.

Unread 11-08-2008, 01:59 AM
Lou_Macari_Chippy

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedMenace
Where does it say this in the rules of the game? Utter shite.
Well i dont think it refers to stamping/stepping on explicitly but it comes under the 'dangerous play' section. The refs major concerns is player safety and so for a technical foul such as tevez where it was dangerous play but not an on purpose foul as such an indirect free kick should have been given. It's the same as high kicking with another player close by - your going for the ball not the man but the ref will call it 'dangerous play' and award the other team a free kick. In this case tevez stood on their guy and should have been called up for dangerous play regardless of the fact that the fella slipped in front of him - its more a safety thing than anything else.

Unread 11-08-2008, 02:17 AM
Camel

Quote:
Well i dont think it refers to stamping/stepping on explicitly but it comes under the 'dangerous play' section. The refs major concerns is player safety and so for a technical foul such as tevez where it was dangerous play but not an on purpose foul as such an indirect free kick should have been given. It's the same as high kicking with another player close by - your going for the ball not the man but the ref will call it 'dangerous play' and award the other team a free kick. In this case tevez stood on their guy and should have been called up for dangerous play regardless of the fact that the fella slipped in front of him - its more a safety thing than anything else.
you are harry redknapp and i claim my 50p reward

Unread 11-08-2008, 02:25 AM
Lou_Macari_Chippy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camel
you are harry redknapp and i claim my 50p reward
nah just trying to be a bit objective - regardless the ref got it all wrong - how he could just allow play to continue after that incident is incredible - it was either a free kick to pompy for dangerous play or a penalty to united - one or the other but certainly not 'play on'.

Unread 11-08-2008, 09:08 AM
MUFC One Love

I thought we looked brilliant yesterday, the team has got a swagger about them, and that's without some key players. We have a terrific squad, especially with these new youngsters who are emerging.

When the season ended I thought we needed 2-3 signings, a striker, right back, and maybe a goal scoring midfielder but with Rafael and Possebon I don't think we need to. I know Possebon isn't really a goal scoring midfielder, but he adds depth to our midfield.

Anderson, Nani etc have a years experience and have already won the double, they'll, and the rest of the team, will only get better.

I still think we need a striker though, so we have a different option up front. I don't think we can just have Tevez and Rooney all season for obvious reasons.

Unread 11-08-2008, 09:58 AM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan91
2 morons near me both had the new away shirt with TERRY 26 on the back. No wum.

Unread 11-08-2008, 10:26 AM
Captain Marvel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan91
2 morons near me both had the new away shirt with TERRY 26 on the back. No wum.
a bloke near me was wearing the new away with Terry and Anelka 08 on the back.

Unread 11-08-2008, 10:28 AM
plopborsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Marvel
a bloke near me was wearing the new away with Terry and Anelka 08 on the back.
did u ask him why ?

Unread 11-08-2008, 10:42 AM
Sam the Sanitary Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by £#%&! kfc
it was a penalty you stupid @#%&!
lol

Unread 11-08-2008, 12:55 PM
Ether

Quote:

I've never heard such %@#$&!s in all my life. NFT

Unread 11-08-2008, 12:59 PM
Sparky***

i also saw a bloke strutting around wembley yesterday with a glasgow rangers shirt on. He looked a right #@&%!y @#%&! as well.

I was hoping that a group of boozed up reds would have spotted it and pelted him with bottles or something.
Closed Thread