United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 21-05-2018, 10:28 PM
S/Side.Red

Word seems to be that he's pretty much certain to leave. Just hope it's abroad with a buyback for the post Mou rebuild

Unread 21-05-2018, 10:34 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
Word seems to be that he's pretty much certain to leave. Just hope it's abroad with a buyback for the post Mou rebuild
Spurs so we can buy Alderweireld apparently.

Genius as ever.

Unread 21-05-2018, 10:36 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo
Spurs so we can buy Alderweireld apparently.

Genius as ever.
If that's a straight swap they will have done brilliantly. He didn't play much for them last season did he? Getting Martial would be a coup.

Unread 21-05-2018, 10:45 PM
dunk

Quote:
If that's a straight swap they will have done brilliantly. He didn't play much for them last season did he? Getting Martial would be a coup.
Delighted for Tony tbh.

Unread 21-05-2018, 10:48 PM
Sparky***

Hasn't that alderweireld been injured all season?

Unread 21-05-2018, 10:51 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Hasn't that alderweireld been injured all season?
Officially at times I think yes, but story is he was frozen out due to Poch not liking his attitude during contract dispute or something.

Would go and play for Belgium then not be involved for Spurs etc

Unread 21-05-2018, 10:54 PM
Switching Off

Quote:
Guardiola etc
Don't think he expected to lose 5-1 in the Champions League quarters.

Unread 21-05-2018, 10:58 PM
Buck

Quote:
Officially yes, but story is he was frozen out due to Poch not liking his attitude during contract dispute or something.
Apparently he went back on his word regarding a verbal agreement earlier in the season about a new contract.

I think the injury put some doubt in his mind. Pretty bad knee injury so you'd want the best contract you can get at his age, and if somebody else is offering it then it's a business decision at the end of the day. He kinda screwed Southampton over to get a better move to Spurs so Levy probably sussed him out.

Unread 21-05-2018, 11:00 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck
Apparently he went back on his word regarding a verbal agreement earlier in the season about a new contract.

I think the injury put some doubt in his mind. Pretty bad knee injury so you'd want the best contract you can get at his age, and if somebody else is offering it then it's a business decision at the end of the day. He kinda screwed Southampton over to get a better move to Spurs so Levy probably sussed him out.
..barely played for a season and 30 years old, what could possibly go wrong?

Unread 21-05-2018, 11:13 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Delighted for Tony tbh.
Unless his attitude improves it doesn't much matter what shirt he wears tbh. That is arguably the big thing holding him back.

Unread 21-05-2018, 11:19 PM
armchair

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
Unless his attitude improves it doesn't much matter what shirt he wears tbh. That is arguably the big thing holding him back.
no its not. it's playing for a team where he starts and isn't brought on as a sub winger with 10 minutes to go and he's expected to win the match.

he was never a winger. now he's a substitute winger

Unread 21-05-2018, 11:21 PM
Bunker Buster

Big mistake letting this lad go btw....

Unread 21-05-2018, 11:21 PM
Ranier Wolfcastle

Quote:
What attitude problem? Not smiling?

Only United could spend millions on Lukaku and Sanchez whilst getting rid of a bigger talent.

And the Mourinho crew lap it up ... unreal

Unread 21-05-2018, 11:52 PM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
Originally Posted by plopborsky
https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/...n-9659527.html

Jose normally has a strong second season. Falls apart in his third.

The point I made was about how I expected him handle certain situations I just don't feel like he gets the most out of what we have

FC Porto

First season: Portuguese League, Portuguese Cup, Uefa Cup

Second season: Portuguese League, Champions League

Chelsea

First season: Premier League, League Cup

Second season: Premier League

Internazionale

First season: Italian League

Second season: ltalian League, Italian Cup, Champions League

Real Madrid

First season: Spanish Cup

Second season: Spanish league
United had far more issues when he took over than those teams. Not something that can be fixed quickly. Having said that he still got the team to second despite it’s numerous faults. If he’d taken over after Fergie I’m pretty sure his second season would have been much better.

Unread 21-05-2018, 11:54 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
You - and others - keep saying this but Martial is statistically one of the most productive players in the league, despite his age and his erratic use. With the full faith of his manager in an attacking set-up, I think there's a very good chance he makes mugs of us elsewhere.

Unread 21-05-2018, 11:55 PM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
Guardiola etc
Yeah, worked miracles at all the shit teams he took over. Mourinho probably wins the league in his first season if he took over City.

Unread 21-05-2018, 11:56 PM
S/Side.Red

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammy Dodger
Yeah, worked miracles at all the shit teams he took over. Mourinho probably wins the league in his first season if he took over City.
Nothing like an utterly hypothetical trophy for Mourinho to sway an argument.

Unread 21-05-2018, 11:59 PM
Switching Off

Quote:
You - and others - keep saying this but Martial is statistically one of the most productive players in the league, despite his age and his erratic use. With the full faith of his manager in an attacking set-up, I think there's a very good chance he makes mugs of us elsewhere.
Correct. But I'd be surprised if the club let him go. Mou doesn't have the power Fergie had. Woodwards a crank but Fergie and Sir Bobby still have his ear.

If he does go it means the board have absolute faith in the manager and he's sticking around. If they have any inkling he'll be moving on after next season theyll be vetoing the £#%&! out of this.

A loan to Dortmund or Atletico or whoever would suggest it's one more year for Jose.

Unread 21-05-2018, 11:59 PM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
Nothing like an utterly hypothetical trophy for Mourinho to sway an argument.
Is that similar to martial hypothetically making mugs of us next season?

Unread 22-05-2018, 12:02 AM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammy Dodger
Is that similar to martial hypothetically making mugs of us next season?
It's not really, is it? I mean for one thing Martial going elsewhere looks like it will happen.

Mourinho winning the league for City last year is something we can probably rule out at this stage.
Closed Thread