United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 18-01-2017, 07:41 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Mourinho marginalising Rooney is his greatest feat so far.
What a sad and washed up bitter old man you've become...

Unread 18-01-2017, 07:42 PM
plopborsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Name is Keith
Tough one that because there hasn't been many if any stand out performances which I think is the point you want to make. But our all round general performances have been much improved over a sustained period within each match. We've moved the ball more quickly, we've shown more attacking intent, created a zillion more chances and have been stronger in defence. That's before we mention man management and of Rooney in particular.

We played well against arsenal I thought - completely nullified them but could only draw.
spurs was our best performance we made them look very average.

Unread 18-01-2017, 07:43 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
What a sad and washed up bitter old man you've become...
For the good of the team/club pal. It wouldn't have been done otherwise.

Shame it's 2 years later than necessary.

Unread 18-01-2017, 07:45 PM
believe

Quote:
For the good of the team/club pal. It wouldn't have been done otherwise.

Shame it's 2 years later than necessary.
as if you've ever based any opinion on the good of the team ffs

Unread 18-01-2017, 07:46 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
as if you've ever based any opinion on the good of the team ffs
My only thoughts are for improving the team pal.

Unread 18-01-2017, 07:49 PM
believe

Quote:
My only thoughts are for improving the team pal.

Unread 18-01-2017, 07:51 PM
dunk

Quote:
Name one that isn't..

Unread 18-01-2017, 07:56 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Name is Keith
Tough one that because there hasn't been many if any stand out performances which I think is the point you want to make. But our all round general performances have been much improved over a sustained period within each match. We've moved the ball more quickly, we've shown more attacking intent, created a zillion more chances and have been stronger in defence. That's before we mention man management and of Rooney in particular.

We played well against arsenal I thought - completely nullified them but could only draw.
So struggled in the big games and no really standout performances otherwise either?

In all seriousness I agree in the Rooney point. One of the two major squad/structural things I think Mourinho has done (getting Pogba the other) is to take the team away from Rooney. Before Bunks and Believe spark me out, that doesn't mean he has to leave the club or cannot start any more games, but his role had to be reduced. Right up until Wembley last May, it was Rooney's team.

We know from listening to Wazza that he fully intended that his last three years of contract would see him fall back into a midfield position. He was practically forcing that on the manager last year. Mourinho killing that stone dead with his pre-season declarations that this was out of the question, and his subsequent gradual reduction of Rooney's participation, has been extremely well done.

I got the sense there was a little early check for Carrick, too. Very much taking down the old guard and making Zlat and Pogba the new big personalities. He's managed those situations expertly. Now when you think of the leaders of the side, they're Mou's boys.

Unread 18-01-2017, 07:57 PM
believe

Quote:
Name one that isn't..
Didn't take me long tbh

http://www.utdforum.com/forum/showpo...&postcount=195

Unread 18-01-2017, 07:58 PM
dunk

Quote:
Fail at the first hurdle poor believe.

Unread 18-01-2017, 07:58 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
So struggled in the big games and no really standout performances otherwise either?

In all seriousness I agree in the Rooney point. One of the two major squad/structural things I think Mourinho has done (getting Pogba the other) is to take the team away from Rooney. Before Bunks and Believe spark me out, that doesn't mean he has to leave the club or cannot start any more games, but his role had to be reduced. Right up until Wembley last May, it was Rooney's team.

We know from listening to Wazza that he fully intended that his last three years of contract would see him fall back into a midfield position. He was practically forcing that on the manager last year. Mourinho killing that stone dead with his pre-season declarations that this was out of the question, and his subsequent gradual reduction of Rooney's participation, has been extremely well done.

I got the sense there was a little early check for Carrick, too. Very much taking down the old guard and making Zlat and Pogba the new big personalities. He's managed those situations expertly. Now when you think of the leaders of the side, they're Mou's boys.
Fair points...

Quote:
Name one that isn't..
Mata
Welbeck

The here's loads mate.:

Unread 18-01-2017, 07:59 PM
believe

Thumbs up

Quote:
Fail at the first hurdle poor believe.
So that post, about Danny Welbeck, was about the improvement of our team?

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red

Agree with all of this

Unread 18-01-2017, 08:00 PM
dunk

Quote:
Fair points...

Mata
Welbeck

The here's loads mate.:
So, wanting Welbeck to become a top striker is me putting my opinion above the team? wanting a better player than Mata in the side is my putting my opinion above the team?

I don't think you've thought this through..

Quote:
So that post, about Danny Welbeck, was about the improvement of our team?
Yes. Wanting him to be allowed to develop and hopefully become a top player is exactly that.

Unread 18-01-2017, 08:06 PM
Bunker Buster

Talking

Dunk the guardian of all things that are right for manchesters united football club 2006-2017

Unread 18-01-2017, 08:07 PM
believe

dunk

Quote:
Dunk the guardian of all things that are right for manchesters united football club 2006-2017
just refuting believe's clueless bullshit, as usual..

S/Side.Red

Decent piece paying tribute to the Big Man's sabbatical:

http://www.squawka.com/news/how-loui...odern-football

Quote:
In 2014, Van Gaal led the Netherlands to third at the World Cup playing a counter-attacking 3-5-2 system that ran contrary to so many of his principles but succeeded in making a team regarded as depleted and weakened through injury into one of the most competitive sides at the tournament.

His use of a back three to counter the dominant mode of possession football that defined the game at that point preempted the current trend for adding an extra man at the back to unleash a pair of wing-backs now sweeping the English game. To some extent, he brought it with him to the Premier League when he joined United that same summer.
Out of touch again etc.

Unread 18-01-2017, 08:08 PM
dunk

Quote:
Yeah, you should.

Unread 18-01-2017, 08:08 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
just refuting believe's clueless bullshit, as usual..
He is £#%&!ing full of it tbf

Unread 18-01-2017, 08:09 PM
believe

Quote:
He is £#%&!ing full of it tbf
Closed Thread