United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 25-10-2009, 06:40 PM
Mark Corrigan

Thumbs up Re: Liverpool really are terrible, aren't they?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Ed
Shall we sell him then?

He needs games.. ? £#%&! me... am I the only one who isn't suicidal tonight... With the benefit of hindsight I think the Burnley loss was a lot worse.
NO!

I'm gutted but it's gone now.

Looking forward to Barnsley on Tuesday now

Unread 25-10-2009, 06:46 PM
MUFC One Love

Default Re: Liverpool really are terrible, aren't they?

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_cantona
I don't think they looked poor at all really.
They were very poor, United were shite, as we usually our in big domestic away games, as I say, it has become the norm nowk tbh. United just simply struggle in big domestic away games.

It was their cup final and you could see that by their reaction tbh.

Unread 25-10-2009, 06:49 PM
MUFC One Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sloppy
If they can think they will win the league playing like that theyve got n chance.They were terrible.No style class or any ability to play football.They are miles away from us as far as ability to play the game.Dont worry about this result.They will never win the league or come near to it playing the way they do.
Exactly, I genuinely am not that arsed about the result tbh, of course I'm not happy 'cos we lost to Liverpool but they aren't a threat. City will give them a game at Anfield, don't City go there soon? I didn't expect United to turn up because we rarely do in big domestic away games and they were shite and relied on hard work. They won't be anywhere near us this season, and judging by the reaction today when they beat us, I suspect a few Scouses deep down know they won't get near us and won't win the league.

They are a poor side and have a poor squad.

Unread 25-10-2009, 06:50 PM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Ed
Shall we sell him then?

He needs games.. ? £#%&! me... am I the only one who isn't suicidal tonight... With the benefit of hindsight I think the Burnley loss was a lot worse.
Didnt say that did I - what im alluding to is the goal came from a schoolboy error.

Unread 25-10-2009, 06:55 PM
MUFC One Love

Rio was shite for their first goal.

Unread 25-10-2009, 06:58 PM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFC One Love
Agreed.

But it was Torres and if Rio had out-muscled him, I've got no doubts that the ponce would've been awarded a penalty.

Unread 25-10-2009, 07:04 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_cantona
Agreed.

But it was Torres and if Rio had out-muscled him, I've got no doubts that the ponce would've been awarded a penalty.
there was no danger of rio outmuscling him. he managed a token shove but he was too slow to do anything about it.

Unread 25-10-2009, 07:04 PM
Sloppy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFC One Love
I thought vds couldve come out a bit further to make it more difficult but 2 centre halves shouldnt be split by 1 forward like that.

Unread 25-10-2009, 07:22 PM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sloppy
I thought vds couldve come out a bit further to make it more difficult but 2 centre halves shouldnt be split by 1 forward like that.
I think we're all in agreement that Evans now warrants a starting place.

Unread 25-10-2009, 07:28 PM
Tronics

Yes they are.

Would have loved for us to beat them still. Even if we do go on to win the titel. Cause in their heads they'll hold onto this win as a sign that they're as good as us, which is silly.

But they had Torres, one chance and he finished it.

That's the only thing we lacked, for one of our strikers to take the game by the scruff on the neck.

But that said we didn't really have a clear cut scoring chance. So we'll never know.

Unread 25-10-2009, 07:49 PM
MIFF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
Yes, they will now think they are better than United, good enough to win the league and the queue to suck Benitez' dribbly #@&%! will be stretching around Anfield tomorrow morning. It's a small mercy.

But it's no consolation. It was yet another no-show against a poor Liverpool side who'd lost four on the bounce, have one decent player yet showed more desire and commitment. I still can't believe United created one chance in 90 minutes against that bag of £#%&! who lost to a balloon last week.
Well put,still cant keep 11 players on the pitch v the rat munchers. Never watch liverpool, but if torres performs like that every week, she wants banning, cheating slag. Weak referee didnt help. But at the end of the day its all about utd, didnt do it, wasted chance to kill any title hopes they had off. They will £#%&! up again cos there not great, just a shame it wasnt United doing it at anfield.

Unread 25-10-2009, 08:41 PM
Sloane

i know we love beating them and would have celebrated if we did but watching their fans in the ground today it really was like their cup final

Unread 25-10-2009, 08:57 PM
originalhogg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sloane
i know we love beating them and would have celebrated if we did but watching their fans in the ground today it really was like their cup final
Too £#%&!in true, and reina legging it 70 yards to celebrate, confirms that!

Unread 25-10-2009, 09:34 PM
Harri Jaffa

As soon as Owen came on we made more chances

Unread 25-10-2009, 09:34 PM
gazwigan

Couldn't really care less if the scousers were great, good or shit to be honest.

I'm just dismayed at United showing another example of lacking any motivation, drive, ambition and passion of any kind in this fixture. We are desperately short of a leader, someone who will grab the game by the scruff of the neck whilst also putting those who are shirking responsibility or sulking in their place.

Our football is nice and neat but is it really hurting the opposition at the minute? And it's concerning that we don't have the ability to mix it up when a bit of physicality is needed.

Hopefully, Hargreaves will bring some drive and determination to our midfield.
Closed Thread