United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 25-10-2009, 05:01 PM
MUFC One Love

Default Liverpool really are terrible, aren't they?

That game reminded me of when we beat Chelsea when Fletcher scored, we knew we wouldn't win the league and it was our Cup Final. I really can't believe how bad they are, considering all we were told all summer is how this year Liverpool will definitely win the league.

United were bad today, but Liverpool are really shit, they are definitely the worst out of the top 4 and Benitez won't be there for much longer.

I really am not that arsed, I hate losing to them but they are so bad it's intrue, and the great thing is they'll now think they have won the title, saying that they usually do win it in October.

They looked like a shit team relying on a cup final performance tbh.

Unread 25-10-2009, 05:02 PM
naes_sean

Default Re: Liverpool really are terrible, aren't they?

I was saying that to a mate during the match. Liverpool looked really poor. sorry to say, so did we.

Unread 25-10-2009, 05:03 PM
MUFC One Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by naes_sean
I was saying that to a mate during the match. Liverpool looked really poor. sorry to say, so did we.
We looked poor, but we always do in big away games, it's become the norm tbh, I expected nothing other than us to be shit today, however, Liverpool are actually shite, they really are poor. They'll get all giddy now but they're still behind us and will lose more games, they are shite.

Unread 25-10-2009, 05:07 PM
boreez

this will add fuel to that 'top four' league or tournament that some rawk posts went on about, because Liverpool would definitely win that and that makes them the true champions.

Unread 25-10-2009, 05:08 PM
redmike

'We looked poor' bit of an understatement there me thinks.

Unread 25-10-2009, 05:12 PM
Fuzzy Dunlop

They looked poor?

For £#%&! sake.

Unread 25-10-2009, 05:16 PM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFC One Love
We looked poor, but we always do in big away games, it's become the norm
thats alright then.

They were poor in quality, but made up for it by being twice as up for it as us. Carrick Scholes Giggs is a distinct lack of bite in a game like that where they played 3 defensive midfielders, Benayoun and wokrhorse Kuyt.

Id have kept Berbatov on too.

Unread 25-10-2009, 05:23 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy Dunlop
They looked poor?

For £#%&! sake.
i can't take any solice in saying "yeah, but they're shit". You're right fuzzy.

scant consolation when you're turned over by an inferior team who beat you simply because they showed more energy and hunger.

they had one up front today. One. And he wasn't even 100% fit for £#%&!s sake. But ferdinand and Vidic failed £#%&!ing miserably to cope with him. Vidic looks finished, he is a liability at the moment.

I said our recent performances have been pretty poor. sunderland, bolton...really dismal perforamances for the most part. and lucky not to drop points in the last one.

we need fresh legs in the midfield so badly. fletcher and hargo can't get fit quick enough for me.

say what you will about benitez, he set out with the most basic set of tactics again and we've failed to cope with them.

Unread 25-10-2009, 05:29 PM
Tiberian

Liverpool are a poor footballing side, and play very basic football. They do it with a lot of energy and commitment though, and if you do not match those things they are always capable of rushing and pressing teams out of their stride and into making mistakes.

Utd try to play these big games like the European away ties. Calm, possession football, take the sting out of the game, quiet the crowd and come on as the game progresses. It has not recently worked in big domestic games when it can seem as if we are not up for the match, lack the passion and urgency required in a derby.

Fuzzy Dunlop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
i can't take any solice in saying "yeah, but they're shit". You're right fuzzy.

scant consolation when you're turned over by an inferior team who beat you simply because they showed more energy and hunger.

they had one up front today. One. And he wasn't even 100% fit for £#%&!s sake. But ferdinand and Vidic failed £#%&!ing miserably to cope with him. Vidic looks finished, he is a liability at the moment.

I said our recent performances have been pretty poor. sunderland, bolton...really dismal perforamances for the most part. and lucky not to drop points in the last one.

we need fresh legs in the midfield so badly. fletcher and hargo can't get fit quick enough for me.

say what you will about benitez, he set out with the most basic set of tactics again and we've failed to cope with them.
Correct.

Wafty Crank

Quote:
they are definitely the worst out of the top 4 and Benitez won't be there for much longer.
They aren't in the top four now, and they won't be in the top four at the end of the season.

NQAT that.

Unread 25-10-2009, 05:49 PM
taff

it was a cup final for them today - see the way they were all carrying on at the end when the second goal went in. they've become a bit like city, always destined for better things and crowing big time whenever they get one over on us. then come the end of the season they're drifting, having achieved £#%&!-all yet again.

if a game like this helps sustain their delusions and means more to them then actually winning silverware, then it's a good indication of where they're at. historically liverpool were a big club in terms of the trophies they one, these days they've arrived at the level of small-time chancers boasting about their record over the 'big 4' as though this means everything in their piss-poor sky TV super grand slam sunday world. it's also worth remembering that prior to last season they hadn't beat us in something like 6 years. hardly the mark of class, is it.

truth is, we gifted it to them today by virtue of the fact that we were shitter than they were. the onus now is on us to sort it out - this game won't mean £#%&!-all unless we let it affect us. liverpool will see to it themselves that they mean shit come the end of the season. reading RAWK today they seem to think they're suddenly worldbeaters again. no doubt they'll persist in that until they get beat by stoke and the stupid fickle @#%&!s want rafa out again. give 'em enough rope and all that.

Unread 25-10-2009, 05:59 PM
Zorg

Yes, they will now think they are better than United, good enough to win the league and the queue to suck Benitez' dribbly #@&%! will be stretching around Anfield tomorrow morning. It's a small mercy.

But it's no consolation. It was yet another no-show against a poor Liverpool side who'd lost four on the bounce, have one decent player yet showed more desire and commitment. I still can't believe United created one chance in 90 minutes against that bag of £#%&! who lost to a balloon last week.

Unread 25-10-2009, 06:03 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
Yes, they will now think they are better than United, good enough to win the league and the queue to suck Benitez' dribbly #@&%! will be stretching around Anfield tomorrow morning. It's a small mercy.

But it's no consolation. It was yet another no-show against a poor Liverpool side who'd lost four on the bounce, have one decent player yet showed more desire and commitment. I still can't believe United created one chance in 90 minutes against that bag of £#%&! who lost to a balloon last week.
that pretty much sums it up.

Unread 25-10-2009, 06:05 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberian
Liverpool are a poor footballing side, and play very basic football. They do it with a lot of energy and commitment though, and if you do not match those things they are always capable of rushing and pressing teams out of their stride and into making mistakes.

Utd try to play these big games like the European away ties. Calm, possession football, take the sting out of the game, quiet the crowd and come on as the game progresses. It has not recently worked in big domestic games when it can seem as if we are not up for the match, lack the passion and urgency required in a derby.
That's exactly what i've been thinking. Back when we were less experienced in Europe, we used to hammer the big European teams at home (albiet not always getting the luck we deserved). We'd do this by non-stop pressing, never giving them time on the ball and then using our quality in the final 3rd.

This is how Liverpool play against us, though i don't think they've got the quality we've had. We need to match them and stop trying to play the slow european way in these games, it doesn't work as we don't get time on the ball. Fletcher would be ideal in centre-mid. At home we really need to go at them from the first minute.

Unread 25-10-2009, 06:20 PM
magic_cantona

I don't think they looked poor at all really.

They looked up for it, were first to evert first and second ball, battled better than we did and scored two goals.

WE looked poor.

They ARE a poor side who played well on the day(with a homer of a ref).We'll still finish higher than the @#%&!s but a loss to them hurts like nothing else and anyone saying "I'm really not arsed" needs to have a word with themselves.

Unread 25-10-2009, 06:22 PM
Mr_Ed

Come on... We went to Anfailed - it was their cup final and we did ok.

They scored a good quality goal and the 2nd was almost irrelevant.

We do have some issues. For me it's Carrick and Valencia but we went there and gave a reasonable performance.

Unread 25-10-2009, 06:25 PM
Stickman

Quote:
We looked poor, but we always do in big away games, it's become the norm tbh, I expected nothing other than us to be shit today, however, Liverpool are actually shite, they really are poor. They'll get all giddy now but they're still behind us and will lose more games, they are shite.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Ed
Come on... We went to Anfailed - it was their cup final and we did ok.

They scored a good quality goal and the 2nd was almost irrelevant.

We do have some issues. For me it's Carrick and Valencia but we went there and gave a reasonable performance.

Completly preventable - Rio should have given himself 3-4 yards on Torres when Vidic commited to the ball.

Unread 25-10-2009, 06:38 PM
Mr_Ed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickman
Completly preventable - Rio should have given himself 3-4 yards on Torres when Vidic commited to the ball.
Shall we sell him then?

He needs games.. ? £#%&! me... am I the only one who isn't suicidal tonight... With the benefit of hindsight I think the Burnley loss was a lot worse.

Unread 25-10-2009, 06:40 PM
Sloppy

If they can think they will win the league playing like that theyve got n chance.They were terrible.No style class or any ability to play football.They are miles away from us as far as ability to play the game.Dont worry about this result.They will never win the league or come near to it playing the way they do.
Closed Thread