Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 21-10-2009, 08:47 AM
In 76 now this is true

Default Re: Berbatov and Owen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiffy
£#%&! you Tufty you Judas scouse @#%&!.
Your not allowed to comment on United, team selection or the club. You sold your soul, walked away. Now you spend your days being obsessed by true fans such as myself, you really need to get a life.

Unread 21-10-2009, 09:19 AM
HolyMackrelDoodleBonkon

Quote:
Originally Posted by In 76 now this is true
Your not allowed to comment on United, team selection or the club. You sold your soul, walked away. Now you spend your days being obsessed by true fans such as myself, you really need to get a life.
Listen you little #@&%!, I went to all the protests against the Glazers and was there on the night that we tried to lock the @#%&!s in. I was very much against the take over but couldnt bring to give up my season ticket in the scoreboard. I still go to all home games and 80% of aways with a least 1 euro away a season thrown in. So if I can understand the reasons why a good few thousand hardcore Reds saw the take over as the last straw and walked away,, why cant somebody like yourself who only showed his face at OT after the takeover understand.

Unread 21-10-2009, 09:48 AM
wiganste

Quote:
Originally Posted by HolyMackrelDoodleBonkon
Listen you little #@&%!, I went to all the protests against the Glazers and was there on the night that we tried to lock the @#%&!s in. I was very much against the take over but couldnt bring to give up my season ticket in the scoreboard. I still go to all home games and 80% of aways with a least 1 euro away a season thrown in. So if I can understand the reasons why a good few thousand hardcore Reds saw the take over as the last straw and walked away,, why cant somebody like yourself who only showed his face at OT after the takeover understand. :confused:
That isn't true. He's been going a lot longer than that

Unread 21-10-2009, 09:50 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiganste
Anyway, back to the point, where does this idea that Owen and Berbie are our best partnership come from, makes no sense at all to me?

Unread 21-10-2009, 09:53 AM
wiganste

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
Anyway, back to the point, where does this idea that Owen and Berbie are our best partnership come from, makes no sense at all to me?
Dunno mate. It has to be Rooney & Berbatov.

Rooney could run that defence ragged. They look pretty hopeless at the moment. Carragher is a liability and Skrtel looks shite. It's our best chance for a decade to run in a 3 goal victory there.

Unread 21-10-2009, 10:15 AM
nick henry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiffy
£#%&! you Tufty you Judas scouse @#%&!.
I dont know who "Tufty" is or the reasons for your animosity towards him but that has just made me laugh uncontrollably at work

As you were

Unread 21-10-2009, 10:18 AM
In 76 now this is true

As a partnership, Owen and Berbatov seem to play beter than any current combination we have. So if Rooney is out and Im lead to believe a lot hinders on if his baby has been born. Then I wouldnt have any issues with the two of them up front. One reason it works, is down to their game styles which see them being in certain zones a lot more than Rooney who does work all over the pitch.
As a player, you cant leave Rooney out of any team selection and nobody is saying drop Rooney or to even go with the 3 of them up front on Sunday (You'll see that from my suggestion of the 4 to play in the midfield).

I just hope a few get a decent rest tonight. Personally I wouldnt have taken Rio on the trip given his recent niggles, the flight time and the plastic pitch.
Sunday is the key one and there will be a hell of a lot of pressure on Liverpool. In some ways im hoping they play Gerrard and Torres, as bopth arent fully fit and Id love to see them limp off.

Unread 21-10-2009, 10:21 AM
Macca1990

Park - Anderson - Carrick - Fletcherinhio

Giggs introduced second half if its not going to plan.

Unread 21-10-2009, 10:24 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macca1990
Park - Anderson - Carrick - Fletcherinhio

Giggs introduced second half if its not going to plan.
When tonight? Fletcher and Park aren't there are they? In fact neither's Giggs?

Sorry can you explain this?

Unread 21-10-2009, 10:27 AM
thrills_pills_bellyaches

Quote:
Dunno mate. It has to be Rooney & Berbatov.

Rooney could run that defence ragged. They look pretty hopeless at the moment. Carragher is a liability and Skrtel looks shite. It's our best chance for a decade to run in a 3 goal victory there.
Bob on. Rooney will get 2 against that team, especially with Berbatov alongside him in his current form. I can feel another Carragher on goal on the cards. Put a monkey on it

Unread 21-10-2009, 10:46 AM
Macca1990

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
When tonight? Fletcher and Park aren't there are they? In fact neither's Giggs?

Sorry can you explain this?
I should have explained I was talking about sunday for the scousers.

that midfield four with Berbles and Rooney fitness permitting.

Unread 21-10-2009, 10:48 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macca1990
I should have explained I was talking about sunday for the scousers.

that midfield four with Berbles and Rooney fitness permitting.
I'll be almost £#%&!ing praying Giggs is starting in that tbh.

Unread 21-10-2009, 10:56 AM
magic_cantona

If they're both fit, it's Rooney and Berbs.

end of, isn't it?

Unread 21-10-2009, 11:41 AM
borsuk

vds
o'shea - rio - evans - evra
valencia - fletcher - anderson - giggs
berbatov - rooney

that's the team for sunday as far as i'm concerned. our best and most in-form 11 and it will rip seven shades of shit out of the @#%&!s if it starts. that team picks itself imo - vidic was out of form and throwing him into a game like sunday's as his first back would be daft. carrick and nani have been poor most of the season, scholes isn't the player for the scouse away.

not arsed in the slightest about tonight, give the kids a game if possible. actually, i'm finding it increasingly hard to give a shit about the cl in general.

Unread 21-10-2009, 11:44 AM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by borsuk
vds
o'shea - rio - evans - evra
valencia - fletcher - anderson - giggs
berbatov - rooney

that's the team for sunday as far as i'm concerned. our best and most in-form 11 and it will rip seven shades of shit out of the @#%&!s if it starts. that team picks itself imo - vidic was out of form and throwing him into a game like sunday's as his first back would be daft. carrick and nani have been poor most of the season, scholes isn't the player for the scouse away.

not arsed in the slightest about tonight, give the kids a game if possible. actually, i'm finding it increasingly hard to give a shit about the cl in general.
I think Carrick and Scholes will be in front of Valencia for a start. Fletcher right in the same formation we played at Spurs.

If Scholes plays tonight though, we rule him out of the running for sunday of course.

Unread 21-10-2009, 11:46 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickman
I think Carrick and Scholes will be in front of Valencia for a start. Fletcher right in the same formation we played at Spurs.

If Scholes plays tonight though, we rule him out of the running for sunday of course.
Coming round to that as a major possibility.

Unread 21-10-2009, 11:47 AM
wiganste

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickman

If we played like we did at Spurs, we're in for a very special Sunday. rink:

Unread 21-10-2009, 03:25 PM
MJ Ramone

Crikey!
Everyone seems unusually confident ahead of Sunday.
I'd take any kind of win to be honest...I think it'll be a really tight game.
We won't 'attack' so I can't see us battering them in any case.

Only Gerrard is likely to be missing - I expect Torres, Johnson & co to be fit.

We'll only win the game if we're positive & Fergie sends them out there to go at Liverpool's dodgy defence.

If Rooney's fit (& I don't imagine he will be) I bet we'll play him up top on his own with Giggs & Valencia either side. Berbatov & Owen on the bench.

Unread 21-10-2009, 03:33 PM
HolyMackrelDoodleBonkon

Quote:
Fair £#%&!s if he has my apologies. The only thing I know is I've had a ST in the scoreboard since they knocked the Stretty down and I only started seeing his face in there and at aways around the time of the takeover.

Unread 21-10-2009, 08:55 PM
In 76 now this is true

Quote:
Originally Posted by HolyMackrelDoodleBonkon
Fair £#%&!s if he has my apologies. The only thing I know is I've had a ST in the scoreboard since they knocked the Stretty down and I only started seeing his face in there and at aways around the time of the takeover.
And when did you first find out who I was or what I loked like?
Closed Thread