United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 30-08-2009, 11:23 AM
marlo

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Remember the issues Vidic had when he arrived, at 25, home sickness, not settlling in, the pace and power of the game taking him by surprise. Evra too. Well, Tosic is a lot younger than they were and a lot less experienced, not does he have wife or kids with him, so I suspect it has been a lot harder and a big culture shock for him. But hey, he isn't a human being or anything, he is a commodity and as such should be £#%&!ed off if he doesn't 'man-up' and sort himself out within 7 months
excuses, excuses.
he won't make it at ot, if he was good enough he would be in or around the team by now, not putting in this great shifts on MUTV on thursdays at 6-30.

with obertan to come and hargreaves how the hell do you think he will get games??

Unread 30-08-2009, 11:26 AM
marlo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete's Shoes
The bit in bold is quite simply lunacy.
I suspect Fergie will use welbeck and Macheda sparingly until after the World Cup U20s which starts in a couple of weeks then bring them through after that.
Don't where you get the idea Anderson was an attacking midfielder from . 2 Goals in 30 for Porto.
always some 'comfy' excuse.
they will play carling cup games and that's about it as owen berbatov and rooney are our main strikers.

fergie doesn't give the youth a chance or he would not have bought owen.

Unread 30-08-2009, 11:26 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo
excuses, excuses.
he won't make it at ot, if he was good enough he would be in or around the team by now, not putting in this great shifts on MUTV on thursdays at 6-30.

with obertan to come and hargreaves how the hell do you think he will get games??
Well, he is left footed for a start, a rare commodity at OT.

You obviously don't support United, so I don't give a £#%&! what you think tbh.

Can I just ask where the amazing Asharvin was at 22?

Unread 30-08-2009, 11:29 AM
Pete's Shoes

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo
always some 'comfy' excuse.
they will play carling cup games and that's about it as owen berbatov and rooney are our main strikers.

fergie doesn't give the youth a chance or he would not have bought owen.

So if both Macheda and Welbeck aren't here for a month you'd have been happy to rely on Berbatov and Rooney with no back up? Ok

Unread 30-08-2009, 11:39 AM
MUFC One Love

Marlo has some good points tbh. We've been told we're not buying 'cos of this 'great young squad' we have, yet most of the youngsters are no where to be seen. And wtf has happened to Tosic?

Unread 30-08-2009, 11:45 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFC One Love
Marlo has some good points tbh. We've been told we're not buying 'cos of this 'great young squad' we have, yet most of the youngsters are no where to be seen. And wtf has happened to Tosic?
He's had a couple of injuries, and has played the last couple of reserve games, along with the likes of Brown, Gibson, Macheda, Cathcart, De Laet and others in an attempt to get minutes and match fitness.

The thing with Youth/young players, is that you want to bring them into the team when a) the team is winning and b) the players are at peak fitness and confidence. If you don't bring them in in the right situation you can do them damage.

United aren't playing very well and the it's the job of the senior players to get us through this situation then, when the young players have their fitness and confidence up through playing in the reserves. they will come into 1st team reckoning.

Macheda last season being a great example, Scores a Hat trick for the reserves on Monday and looks imperious, comes on against Villa on the Sunday and looks full of energy and confidence and scores a stunning goal.

Unread 30-08-2009, 11:56 AM
antonin jablonsky

Don't blame marlo, he's just upset at getting beat yesterday.

Unread 30-08-2009, 12:23 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynes ear's
took you long enough. treasure that picture. your favourite homosexual quarterback will be lifting the lombardi trophy come February

Good one. By the way I don't need to treasure that one so much after this

Unread 30-08-2009, 01:19 PM
Tumescent Throb

I think we should buy Modric now that he's toughened himself up a bit

Unread 22-10-2009, 12:31 PM
borsuk

Thumbs up Re: why is it that most people think we need to buy and fergie don't?

top of the league
100% in the cl group

i think the question is well on its way to being answered.

btw, i can't remember who said it but there's a comment in some similar thread about fergie not being able to develop young talent. arf.

Unread 22-10-2009, 01:40 PM
Part 36 Offer

Default Re: why is it that most people think we need to buy and fergie don't?

Quote:
Originally Posted by borsuk
top of the league
100% in the cl group

i think the question is well on its way to being answered.

btw, i can't remember who said it but there's a comment in some similar thread about fergie not being able to develop young talent. arf.
marlo
Closed Thread