waynes ear's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandman
Despite being about £700m in debt,
£#%&!ing Glazer @#%&!s

Unread 30-08-2009, 10:36 AM
dunk

Whalefish has it, in a nutshell.

By January we will have 7 strikers from 18-30, the younger players all have a chance of becoming top players too.

In midfield we have the 4 or 5 we all know about, we should have Hargreaves back and we will also have Ljajic, James, Gibson, and a host of others on the way through.

At some point we have to give all the young players we have accumulated a chance to come through and shine. Otherwise, what was the point in buying them?

We can't accommodate any more players in the squad without losing some of the ones we have, I guess Fergie thinks that there is no-one worth sacrificing some of the young talent we have for.

And I think he's right.

This season could well be a bumpy ride, but we wil benefit in the long run.

Unread 30-08-2009, 10:38 AM
Rhodzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Whalefish has it, in a nutshell.

By January we will have 7 strikers from 18-30, the younger players all have a chance of becoming top players too.

In midfield we have the 4 or 5 we all know about, we should have Hargreaves back and we will also have Ljajic, James, Gibson, and a host of others on the way through.

At some point we have to give all the young players we have accumulated a chance to come through and shine. Otherwise, what was the point in buying them?

We can't accommodate any more players in the squad without losing some of the ones we have, I guess Fergie thinks that there is no-one worth sacrificing some of the young talent we have for.

And I think he's right.

This season could well be a bumpy ride, but we wil benefit in the long run.
I agree in the most part, but I still think we need a midfielder who can score goals. And this place will be unbearable at times this season.

Unread 30-08-2009, 10:45 AM
waynes ear's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhodzy
And this place will be unbearable at times this season.
if you cant handle the truth, log the £#%&! out

Unread 30-08-2009, 10:47 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhodzy
I agree in the most part, but I still think we need a midfielder who can score goals. And this place will be unbearable at times this season.
Ljajic. Gibson and James, plus Cleverley and even Possebon are all midfielders who can/will score goals. If we bought someone we would clogg the midfield preventing their progression/development. Short term gamble, long term gain. You have to put up with the shit to get the good stuff, and other such bullshit.

As for on here, yep, there are several short sighted, know nothing @#%&!s who could make this season miserable on here for those of us who appreciate what's going on.

Still, gives the rational one's amongst us something to argue with.

Unread 30-08-2009, 10:47 AM
marlo

to be honest, we are in a big dilemma. we need to buy players but i personally wouldn't let fergie spend £10 of my money.

his last few buys for example - berbatov,tosic and valencia.

that's the best part of £55m.

for that price we could have players like arshavin,benzema and sneijer and change left over.

Unread 30-08-2009, 10:56 AM
LaPaz

Quote:

As for on here, yep, there are several short sighted, know nothing @#%&!s who could make this season miserable on here for those of us who appreciate what's going on.
Proven true immediately by the next post (number 26)

Unread 30-08-2009, 10:57 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaPaz
Proven true immediately by the next post (number 26)

It was almost like I knew what was coming

Unread 30-08-2009, 10:58 AM
LaPaz

Quote:

It was almost like I knew what was coming
If only picking lottery numbers was as easy...

Unread 30-08-2009, 11:02 AM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo
to be honest, we are in a big dilemma. we need to buy players but i personally wouldn't let fergie spend £10 of my money.

his last few buys for example - berbatov,tosic and valencia.

that's the best part of £55m.

for that price we could have players like arshavin,benzema and sneijer and change left over.
What crazy logic you have.

We signed Berbatov a year before Arshavin joined Arsenal when his price at Zenit was touted as being 30-35m (he's your new Arsenal poster boy eh?)

Benzema wouldn't have joined United for all the cash in the world.Lyon had to accept a £29m deal with add-ons because he was so insistant on going to Real.WTF could Ferguson or anyone done about that?

And anyway, most on here can see that Berbatov is world class and actually worth the cash we spent on him.Valencia and Tosic haven't had a £#%&!ing chance yet, but you're writing them off?Both will be quality for United, not that that matters to a clueless #@&%! like yourself.

I know your posts are designed to get pages of responses, but please £#%&! off somewhere else with your bullshit.

Unread 30-08-2009, 11:03 AM
marlo

Quote:
Ljajic. Gibson and James, plus Cleverley and even Possebon are all midfielders who can/will score goals. If we bought someone we would clogg the midfield preventing their progression/development. Short term gamble, long term gain. You have to put up with the shit to get the good stuff, and other such bullshit.

Still, gives the rational one's amongst us something to argue with.
i love you reserve team groupies.

fergie doesn't give 'youth' a chance at this club anymore.if he did he wouldn't have bought owen.

most of these young players will be sold for £m in two seasons.

fergies ability to get the best out of youngsters has to be questioned.

we haven't had one young attacking player break into the team, bought an attacking midfielder and turned him into an defensive midfielder (anderson) and then there is fergie talking up how much he rates macheda and wellbeck(in the summer) and then they haven't been seen in the league this season.

tosic for example is in his 2nd season at the club and no where near the first team.he will be out on loan soon and then sold.

Unread 30-08-2009, 11:07 AM
marlo

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_cantona
And anyway, most on here can see that Berbatov is world class and actually worth the cash we spent on him.Valencia and Tosic haven't had a £#%&!ing chance yet, but you're writing them off?Both will be quality for United, not that that matters to a clueless #@&%! like yourself.
-if you think berbatov is worth the money we paid for him, you are completely mad. he isn't even making himself undroppable for big games like the arsenal one or the big games at the back end of last season. and you think he is worth the £30m we paid for him?

tosic has been at the club a year and a bit now and no where near the proper first team squad. he is getting the 'dong/manucho' treatment of being a senior player but just not in the squad etc....

I've not said valencia is a bad player.

Unread 30-08-2009, 11:09 AM
dunk

Quote:

fergie doesn't give 'youth' a chance at this club anymore.if he did he wouldn't have bought owen.

we haven't had one young attacking player break into the team, bought an attacking midfielder and turned him into an defensive midfielder (anderson) and then there is fergie talking up how much he rates macheda and wellbeck(in the summer) and then they haven't been seen in the league this season.

tosic for example is in his 2nd season at the club and no where near the first team.he will be out on loan soon and then sold.
I hate you JCL, Glory hunting OOT @#%&!s, who know £#%&! all about United, their traditions, what they do/have done with players and what they plan to do, who only want the team to be successful to boost their own self image.

£#%&! off and support your local club. You have no idea what it is to support United.

Unread 30-08-2009, 11:11 AM
dunk

Quote:
-if you think berbatov is worth the money we paid for him, you are completely mad. he isn't even making himself undroppable for big games like the arsenal one or the big games at the back end of last season. and you think he is worth the £30m we paid for him?

tosic has been at the club a year and a bit now and no where near the proper first team squad. he is getting the 'dong/manucho' treatment of being a senior player but just not in the squad etc....

He's been here 7 months.

You thick @#%&!.

Unread 30-08-2009, 11:13 AM
TripDownMiseryLane

Default Well said Dunk

Unread 30-08-2009, 11:16 AM
marlo

Quote:
He's been here 7 months.

You thick @#%&!.
fair enough.

maybe at 22, he needs more time to 'settle' in.

he might start making the squad for league games in 2011

Unread 30-08-2009, 11:16 AM
magic_cantona

Quote:

Berbatov was sublime at Wigan and then didn't play yesterday.He came on and, after looking dreadful, we looked a much better attacking and balanced prospect.When he doesn't play (Moscow), we're ineffective imo.He'll get much more of a run of games now that Ronaldo has gone.Again, how many goals and assists last season?Not bad for a player who 'doesn't get picked for big games' etc (even though he scored against Chelsea, set Tevez's goal up at Anfield, started at the San Siro when we played Inter off the park etc ).You're totally a big WUM when it comes to Berbatov, no matter what he has done or will do, you'll always call him.A great attitude to have for a United 'fan'.

No, you've not said Valencia is a bad player - so why use his transfer fee to 'prove' how bad Ferguson is at spending transfer money?

Tosic is the only issue that neither of us can be right about - yet.

Unread 30-08-2009, 11:17 AM
magic_cantona

Quote:
He's been here 7 months.

You thick @#%&!.

Unread 30-08-2009, 11:19 AM
dunk

Quote:
fair enough.

maybe at 22, he needs more time to 'settle' in.

he might start making the squad for league games in 2011
Remember the issues Vidic had when he arrived, at 25, home sickness, not settlling in, the pace and power of the game taking him by surprise. Evra too. Well, Tosic is a lot younger than they were and a lot less experienced, not does he have wife or kids with him, so I suspect it has been a lot harder and a big culture shock for him. But hey, he isn't a human being or anything, he is a commodity and as such should be £#%&!ed off if he doesn't 'man-up' and sort himself out within 7 months

Unread 30-08-2009, 11:19 AM
Pete's Shoes

Quote:

The bit in bold is quite simply lunacy.
I suspect Fergie will use welbeck and Macheda sparingly until after the World Cup U20s which starts in a couple of weeks then bring them through after that.
Don't where you get the idea Anderson was an attacking midfielder from . 2 Goals in 30 for Porto.
Closed Thread