United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 30-08-2009, 02:43 AM
plopborsky

Default why is it that most people think we need to buy and fergie don't?

number of people that text me and have said overall that we are not good enough and need to buy is unreal.

not saying fergie is wrong or right for buying or not buying just interested in understanding why such a number of people think we should buy a player and fergie is so against it.

Unread 30-08-2009, 02:44 AM
antonin jablonsky

Which player?

Unread 30-08-2009, 02:49 AM
History

Fergie isnt against buying. He either thinks, We have to many players in our squad and lets face it it's nearly a 30 man first team squad. Or we have no money.

Unread 30-08-2009, 02:50 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by History
Fergie isnt against buying. He either thinks, We have to many players in our squad and lets face it it's nearly a 30 man first team squad. Or we have no money.
Or he doesn't think the right player is available.

Unread 30-08-2009, 03:08 AM
Coracao

I'm very confident for the future of the squad, mainly due to some of the outstanding talent that is coming through the ranks. I'll trust Fergie's judgement on this one.

Unread 30-08-2009, 03:22 AM
waynes ear's

all due respect to the orginal poster, but you're in Dallas Texas

and if you happen to pass through Pittsburg, please shit on Heinz Field

the scousers of the NFL

Unread 30-08-2009, 03:24 AM
ScarFace

Because buying such a shit @#%&! in Berbatov has put him off trying again.

Unread 30-08-2009, 03:28 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynes ear's

the scousers of the NFL

Unread 30-08-2009, 03:38 AM
Macca1990

Yes please, only person I'd really really want in the United shirt Aguero & Rooney upfront

Unread 30-08-2009, 03:49 AM
plopborsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynes ear's

the scousers of the NFL
text messages travel my friend the amount of shit i have had today from reds about that perfomance is unreal

Unread 30-08-2009, 03:49 AM
Sandman

Our squad is £#%&!ing huge, if anything we need to get rid of a few players and open up some space for the younger lads coming through.

Unread 30-08-2009, 03:52 AM
plopborsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandman
Our squad is £#%&!ing huge, if anything we need to get rid of a few players and open up some space for the younger lads coming through.
good point but does it have enough quality

Unread 30-08-2009, 03:57 AM
Sandman

Quote:
Originally Posted by plopborsky
good point but does it have enough quality
The only area of the squad which worries me is the central midfielders, the rest of the squad is packed with more than enough quality.

Unread 30-08-2009, 04:03 AM
waynes ear's

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
took you long enough. treasure that picture. your favourite homosexual quarterback will be lifting the lombardi trophy come February

Unread 30-08-2009, 04:57 AM
Sandman

Quote:
[SIZE="5"]United spending over
Sir Alex Ferguson
Ferguson is keeping faith with his squad at Old Trafford

Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson says that he will not be making any late signings before the closure of the transfer window.

Ferguson has signed Michael Owen, Gabriel Obertan and Antonio Valencia this summer to offset the loss of Cristiano Ronaldo to Real Madrid.

But despite the defeat to Burnley, Ferguson says he has faith in his side.

"We have the right squad and I trust them," Ferguson told United Review ahead of the clash against Arsenal.

"It is an insult to suggest that I could lose my faith in my players."

Despite being about £700m in debt, Ferguson has been told by chief executive David Gill that the £80m received from Real Madrid for Ronaldo can be used for squad reinforcements.

Ecuadorian winger Valencia cost £17m from Wigan Athletic and Obertan arrived from Bordeaux for an undisclosed fee, while Owen was a surprise free transfer by the United boss.

Big spending Real and local rivals Manchester City have inflated the global football market with lavish outlays this summer, but Ferguson insists no more money will be spent before the 1 September deadline.

"The bulk of the £80m fee we got from Real Madrid is still there and seems to be burning a hole in the pockets of a lot of fans," he wrote.

"But you don't suddenly scrap your transfer policy because of one defeat even if it was a bad one.

"I have explained our strategy, based on my confidence in our squad with a few new faces and more eager beavers on the way up, and I have no intention of abandoning it."
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/foot...td/8228585.stm

Unread 30-08-2009, 08:10 AM
Whalefish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandman
The only area of the squad which worries me is the central midfielders, the rest of the squad is packed with more than enough quality.
Agree with that.

Unread 30-08-2009, 08:40 AM
n48

Maybe a striker and a centre mid. That's all we need.

Unread 30-08-2009, 08:47 AM
Horst_ Bucholst

if carrick gets back to the form he was showing early to the middle of last season central midfield will be ok.
with the exception of chelsea i just can't see any other clubs troubling us in the premier league .
there's no chance of us winning the champions league though with this squad

Unread 30-08-2009, 09:00 AM
Whalefish

Quote:
Originally Posted by n48
Maybe a striker and a centre mid. That's all we need.
Don't see the point of signing a striker now. We've got 3 who'll get goals and Macheda/Wellbeck in reserve. Another striker and it'll just get in the way of the last two. Diouf arriving in January too.

I'm game for getting rid of Owen and replacing him with a new face but he's here for two years so I'll just have to get used to it.

Centre midfield is in need of some new blood but I'm not going to harp on about it now the window is about to close. Nothing incoming so will just have to crack on. If Carrick doesn't get though this bad spell I'd like to see Gibson feature more.

Unread 30-08-2009, 10:28 AM
TripDownMiseryLane

Default Because some people think we have money to spend

and Fergie has been told we don't - simple as that. Cheers Malc
Closed Thread