United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 26-10-2009, 11:10 AM
SomersetSoldier

Default Re: Vidic

overall I think the whole team played poor.Torres done a good job with his goal he turned his back so ferdinand didnt have a chance to get a tackle in and knew if he did he would get the pen

Unread 26-10-2009, 11:13 AM
marlo

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatsfuctit
i said elsewhere, he is a crafty bastard, if there is nothing on, he gos down like a sack of shite and wins free kicks - when a chance come, he explodes into life, made a defender look a mug, and put his foot through it ( to use and andy grayism ).
flash back one year and subtract 80m from our bank balance...and you have....

Unread 26-10-2009, 11:21 AM
thatsfuctit

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo
flash back one year and subtract 80m from our bank balance...and you have....
absolutley, both cracking players

Unread 26-10-2009, 11:25 AM
rafabio

I don't think rio could have done too much. torres is one of the fastest players around and he had the ball on his right side and rio on the left. any challenge and rio would have been off. The best hope he had was try to niggle away at torres so that he loses balance or rushes his shot. he did that but torres was just too good.

Unread 26-10-2009, 11:27 AM
Harri Jaffa

Anyone got a link to Vidic's first yellow?

Unread 26-10-2009, 11:59 AM
Part 36 Offer

who cares, better off without him

Unread 26-10-2009, 12:01 PM
Terry Silver

Quote:
Originally Posted by rafabio
I don't think rio could have done too much. torres is one of the fastest players around and he had the ball on his right side and rio on the left. any challenge and rio would have been off. The best hope he had was try to niggle away at torres so that he loses balance or rushes his shot. he did that but torres was just too good.
He was outpaced and outmuscled, and Torres was through on goal. He should have taken him down as Carragher did with Owen.

"I didn't know it was Michael, but you just have to do what you can to stop him going through."

Carragher knows that's what you have to do, even Ole Solskjaer has done it in the past for us. Ran the length of the pitch to clean out Rob Lee.

But Rio now has let Torres make a mug of him, just as he let Bellamy do the same in the Derby.

If you can't outpace or outmuscle a player than the least you can do is take them down in that situation.

NFT.

Unread 26-10-2009, 01:14 PM
rafabio

ole got himself sent off. carrgher should have but didn't. rio would defenitely have been sent off. i don't have your point

Unread 26-10-2009, 01:27 PM
Surfers do Charlie

Quote:
Originally Posted by In 76 now this is true

For all the abuse directed at Vidic/Rio, you have to give credit to Torres.
The lads a class striker and is one of the best in the World, has pace, strength and is good in the air and on the floor. Terrifies Rio and Vidic.
If he was in our team, he'd be even more dangerous.
Apart from Rooney, there isn't a single United player I wouldn't swap for Torres at the moment.

Unread 26-10-2009, 01:35 PM
Coracao

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry Silver
He was outpaced and outmuscled, and Torres was through on goal. He should have taken him down as Carragher did with Owen.

"I didn't know it was Michael, but you just have to do what you can to stop him going through."

Carragher knows that's what you have to do, even Ole Solskjaer has done it in the past for us. Ran the length of the pitch to clean out Rob Lee.

But Rio now has let Torres make a mug of him, just as he let Bellamy do the same in the Derby.

If you can't outpace or outmuscle a player than the least you can do is take them down in that situation.

NFT.
They aren't even comparable though, are they?

Carragher was when his team was 1 up in the dying minutes.

solskjaer, we needed to win the game or the title was pretty much gone, again, right at the death.

The moment yesterday was in the 65th minute, at 0-0. In a game where a point would have been a good result and Torres still had a lot to do to score...

Yeah, he should have just brought him down and been sent off

What a load of %@#$&!s.

Unread 26-10-2009, 01:40 PM
Surfers do Charlie

Am I the only United supporter in the world that thinks that what Ole did was a @#%&!'s trick ?

Unread 26-10-2009, 01:42 PM
dunk

Rio wasn't close enough to do anything to Torres until they were in the Area, would've been a pen and a red card, there was £#%&! all mileage in bringing him down.

Not sure quite why Rio let him loiter in between him and Vidic though, he could see the space and what was going to happen, bad decision from him, he should've £#%&!ed the line off and dropped to cover.

We weren't getting an offside even if he was. Rooney went through and scored but was flagged off early doors, Torres was more offside than Rooney twice second half and nothing was given.

Just never going to be our day, on top of a shit performance.

Unread 26-10-2009, 01:42 PM
Albert Tatlock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surfers do Charlie
Am I the only United supporter in the world that thinks that what Ole did was a @#%&!'s trick ?
No, cos you're an arsenal fan !
Closed Thread