United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 22-10-2009, 11:17 AM
toseeunited

Default Re: Good news on Fabio.

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
Oh i know but i'd love us to be really bold and put him in, have a right £#%&!ing go at 'em.
he did it against citeh last year when Raphael got the nod ahead of anyone to mark Robinho so you never know. He has "attacked" teams that have attacking fullbacks (is johnson fit?)

Unread 22-10-2009, 11:18 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by toseeunited
he did it against citeh last year when Raphael got the nod ahead of anyone to mark Robinho so you never know. He has "attacked" teams that have attacking fullbacks (is johnson shit?)
Yes, yes he is. Raphael didn't give Robinho a kick either.

Unread 22-10-2009, 11:20 AM
LaPaz

Quote:
Oh i know but i'd love us to be really bold and put him in, have a right £#%&!ing go at 'em.
Then play him in front of Evra instead of Nani, not that i think Nani will start Sunday.

I think in time he'll become a leftsided mf player, he's too good to play left back.

Unread 22-10-2009, 11:21 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaPaz
Then play him in front of Evra instead of Nani, not that i think Nani will start Sunday.

I think in time he'll become a leftsided mf player, he's too good to play left back.
Giggs'll play on the left Shirley? well if he's fit.

Unread 22-10-2009, 11:23 AM
toseeunited

Quote:
yep nailed on. i'm hoping for a giggs - carrick - fletcher - valencia mf on sunday, but it's been almost impossible to second guess saf this year so

Unread 22-10-2009, 11:24 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
yep nailed on. i'm hoping for a giggs - carrick - fletcher - valencia mf on sunday, but it's been almost impossible to second guess saf this year so
I'd be happy with that though i think I'd go with anderson instead of carrick.

Unread 22-10-2009, 11:25 AM
LaPaz

Quote:
Course he will, the point I was making is that IMO he'll become a MF rayher than a FB.

Unread 22-10-2009, 11:26 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Course he will, the point I was making is that IMO he'll become a MF rayher than a FB.
Erm, OK, no need to get snippy.

You may well be right, certainly has the quality. Mind a really good attacking fullback can be as much a weapon as a winger.

Unread 22-10-2009, 11:29 AM
Coracao

Quote:
he's still young (obviously) and as such makes mistakes, he did last night but CSK didn't punish them.

At Anfield if we didn't have any option i'd be happy enough to play him but not in front of Evra or JOS, GB or Wes.

His time will come but not this weekend.
Can't disagree with that.

I wouldn't have him near the first XI on sunday, despite his performance last night. Especially when there arre question marks over his ability to do the 90 minutes after getting cramp and the journey back.

He'll play vs Barnsley.

Unread 22-10-2009, 11:36 AM
Stickman

Quote:
Im plumping for the system that started at Spurs with Carricks omission from the 11 last night as evidence he'll get the nod ahead of Scholes.

VDS

OShea Vid Rio Evra

Fletcher Anderson Carrick Giggs

Rooney Berbatov

Kuzszack Evans Wes Park Valencia Nani Owen

Unread 22-10-2009, 11:37 AM
toseeunited

Quote:
Mind a really good attacking fullback can be as much a weapon as a winger.
even more so sometimes - look at evra this season. regardless of who's been infront of him he's been in with a shout for MOTM every game. when Raphael started in the back 4 last season with evra on the other side we looked £#%&!ing top! tis a gamble though and one saf will probably only take against the lesser attacking threat teams, apart from bolton etc who are there to lump the ball. (sounds like the dippers actually - hoof to kuyt etc)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coracao
He'll play vs Barnsley.
can't wait for barnsley first domestic away in 2 seasons thanks to herr chubb!

Unread 22-10-2009, 11:38 AM
toseeunited

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickman
Im plumping for the system that started at Spurs with Carricks omission from the 11 last night as evidence he'll get the nod ahead of Scholes.

VDS

OShea Vid Rio Evra

Rooney Berbatov

hmm, possibly - i just think that valencia's 2 recent goals will push him in. although if he does start it will mean we have pace to come off of the bench so either way i'd be happy.

Unread 22-10-2009, 11:52 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
hmm, possibly - i just think that valencia's 2 recent goals will push him in. although if he does start it will mean we have pace to come off of the bench so either way i'd be happy.
I think he's definitely in with a shout of starting, really starting to look the part.

any news on other injuries?

Unread 22-10-2009, 12:29 PM
toseeunited

Quote:
I think he's definitely in with a shout of starting, really starting to look the part.

any news on other injuries?
don't think we'll hear for definite until tomorrow's press conference. saf will be wanting to give all of the players as long as possible before ruling them out.

might be a couple of mind games going on as well cos we still don't know about their injuries for defo...

Unread 22-10-2009, 01:00 PM
Tiberian

Scholes being withdrawn early last night would suggest that fergie wants to use him on Sunday. In recent years I would not have advocated starting Scholes in this type of match, but he has been key to our strong away performances this year, helped us maintain excellent possession and control of the match.

O'Shea will start at right back, none of the other candidates have made an overwhelming case.

All fit I would expect something like,

VDS
O'Shea
Rio
Vidic
Evra
Fletcher
Carrick
Scholes
Valencia
Giggs
Rooney

I would like to see Berbatov up with Rooney but I think Fergie will go for the 3 in the middle.

He may push Fletcher to the right as we did at Spurs and go with the 2 up top though.

Unread 22-10-2009, 01:52 PM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickman

VDS

OShea Vid Rio Evra

Rooney Berbatov

That will be the team I would go with tbh.

Wouldnt have that Polish @#%&! on the bench though tbf fair.

Unread 22-10-2009, 01:52 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Part 36 Offer
That will be the team I would go with tbh.

Wouldnt have that Polish @#%&! on the bench though tbf fair.
Closed Thread